Kerry Rhodes question

NIGHT STALKER

imo,rhodes never had a form.even a few years ago,he played good at best.there was talk of a pro bowl only because that dude from denver went(lynch)when kerry had the better year.neither deserved the nod.rhodes is maybe a **** hair better than a jag.living off a false rep got him to where he is now.the desert

Now that Rhodes has been traded, what are the chances he returns to form of two years ago the way we are hoping that Cromartie does the same for us?

I think they are pretty good. Rhodes, like Vilma was a bad fit. It's an agressive punch you in the mouth D and he's not a hitter. Sometimes good players don't fit a system. Aaron Glenn didn't fit that bull**** Herm cover 2 so they dumped him. Cromartie supposedly will fit in better playing tight man for Rex than laying off for the Chargers. I have complete faith that Rex knows how to run a D and if Rex thought the D would be better Rhodes would still be here.

It could happen. If a guy has a problem concentrating on football, shipping him to the desert sounds like a good start.

I laughed at that one.. no acting out there for him lmao...

But hold on ylekram I really dont feel like posting stats right now because im very pissed... But WTF were you watching? The dude made plays for 3 years all season. He was a top safety in the league no doubt about it. You must be one of those fans who just get excited when the team scores a touchdown... or you just sit and zone off and when everybody starts cheering thats your que to act like you know whats going on.

yea ya can't worry about that crap-all we have to go on is how the guy did HERE, when it mattered to US...I still am a little pissed about James Farrior but most everyone else it's either good riddance,(Rhodes) good luck (Vilma) or eff you (Chad, Abraham)

BIG L,i forgot more about jets football yesterday than you will ever know.dude is,like i said,slightly above a jag.i dont give a rats azz about stats.i thought he was a decent player for a 4th rounder,but thats it.when people were screaming pro bowl,i just couldnt understand it.rhodes,imo,never cracked the top 30

BIG L,i forgot more about jets football yesterday than you will ever know.dude is,like i said,slightly above a jag.i dont give a rats azz about stats.i thought he was a decent player for a 4th rounder,but thats it.when people were screaming pro bowl,i just couldnt understand it.rhodes,imo,never cracked the top 30

Welp your opinion doesnt mean **** because you obviously dont know football for ****. Top 30 LMAo your a dumbass

Top 30 at safety? He was good to very good. Never elite. Safety is a position that has very few elite players anyway. Physically he was an unreal leaper, had good size and decent speed. Last season he seemed slow to me. He was a quality NFL safety. The last two years he seemed off from previous years, but maybe we expected him to continue to progress and he didn't.

ylekram, Big L forgot more Jet football than you. He forgot about Favre ****ting the bed, having no LG for 2007, the Penny lateral in 2006, losing the top 2 QBs within 3 plays in 2005, Doug Brien in 2004 and near everything before that!

Top 30 at safety? He was good to very good. Never elite. Safety is a position that has very few elite players anyway. Physically he was an unreal leaper, had good size and decent speed. Last season he seemed slow to me. He was a quality NFL safety. The last two years he seemed off from previous years, but maybe we expected him to continue to progress and he didn't.

ylekram, Big L forgot more Jet football than you. He forgot about Favre ****ting the bed, having no LG for 2007, the Penny lateral in 2006, losing the top 2 QBs within 3 plays in 2005, Doug Brien in 2004 and near everything before that!

Dont talk **** when you have no idea what your talking about big guy. Im young but not that young. Im not a 1 year jet fan so get that out of your head. Talk legit **** to me not some bs your making up.

Dont talk **** when you have no idea what your talking about big guy. Im young but not that young. Im not a 1 year jet fan so get that out of your head. Talk legit **** to me not some bs your making up.

Dude, I'm not the one who said that this was my worst day as a Jets fan. All those things were monumentally worse than trading Kerry Rhodes and they were all well within the last decade. Imagine if we delved hard into the Kotite and Walton years.

If you think trading a safety with a bad attitude who bickered with the coaches of the NFL's top D then you either have no memory or are delusional. Even if he's as good as you think. I agree he's better than what ykleram is saying, but he didn't fit in. He didn't contribute too much in 2009 and the D was better than it's been in ages.

Dude, I'm not the one who said that this was my worst day as a Jets fan. All those things were monumentally worse than trading Kerry Rhodes and they were all well within the last decade. Imagine if we delved hard into the Kotite and Walton years.

If you think trading a safety with a bad attitude who bickered with the coaches of the NFL's top D then you either have no memory or are delusional. Even if he's as good as you think. I agree he's better than what ykleram is saying, but he didn't fit in. He didn't contribute too much in 2009 and the D was better than it's been in ages.

I dont know about you but when my favorite player in the NFL gets traded off my favorite team its no good. Obviously the team comes first and everything but i feel just as ****ty now as I did when those terrible things happened... I would have liked to see him get another shot and a 4th rounder was a crap deal. But I see where your comen from and it makes sense, but it was on a more personal level for me then it was to alot of fans that didnt favor rhodes. Ive followed that man outta louisville but hey maybe he didnt fit in to the scheme, hopefully him and wilson tear it up in arizona, and the jets get a safety that really fits and our D will be complete with a pass rusher to compliment him.

ylekram my bad if i came at you personally I was really pissed he was traded and that "he isnt in the top 30" comment really tweeked me haha.. No hard feelings.

Now that Rhodes has been traded, what are the chances he returns to form of two years ago the way we are hoping that Cromartie does the same for us?

Interesting question/comparison.

BUT, according to Rex the issue with Cromartie was the scheme. Since 2007 the Chargers have been in a zone scheme when Cromartie's strength is press & man-to-man.

The Cardinals defensive scheme is not going to improve Rhodes play.

Only Rhodes can do that.

Regardless, he's a "me" not a "we" kind of player. Rex no likee that.

He can wear an S on his chest and become ****ing superman(If contact was his Kryptonite} and I wouldn't give a ****. He wasn't preforming here he didn't wanna be coached and was far to soft to play safety in this defense. Especially since he in no way was a play maker.

Archived