getting the worst feeling possible for a jets fan...

johnny green balls

F'n great thread...lol.

I've never seen my favorite team this aggressive. No doubt. Its almost like we actually want to win. Crazy.

I know there is a lot of debate on Tanny around here, but the guy has done nothing but shown he wants to win since he was hired to be our GM. Even if you dont like some of the moves he's made, you gotta be pleased with his effort.

I know there is a lot of debate on Tanny around here, but the guy has done nothing but shown he wants to win since he was hired to be our GM. Even if you dont like some of the moves he's made, you gotta be pleased with his effort.

Not only the aggressiveness, but the crafty nature with which he's made the moves. We landed Cromartie without sacrificing a 2010 pick. We got pretty good value for a prima donna, albeit talented, Kerry Rhodes. We replaced him with a young guy who isn't afraid to lay the wood in Brodney Pool, who is expendable if his concussion issues surface. And the only way the LT move will look bad in my eyes is if it costs us Leon for anything less than a mid-2nd rounder.

And the biggest reason we can make these moves and sign good players below market value? His hiring of Rex Ryan. Players want to play for the guy, period. And if a guy like Rhodes CAN'T play for him, he becomes expendable.

F'n great thread...lol.

I've never seen my favorite team this aggressive. No doubt. Its almost like we actually want to win. Crazy.

Agreed. The guy is known as one of the most agressive and creative GM's in the game today. Hey... at least it's always exciting around here.

Know that Tomlinson is an older back, which is not necessarily a good thing.Still, with a solid camp and a great OL, he can be effective spotting Greene. Yet we have the unprecedented instance of a household name joining the Jets because he thinks they are about to take the next step and wants to be part of that.

Only comparasion that comes close was Ronnie Lott, but he was done and it was strictly a cash grab.

Not only the aggressiveness, but the crafty nature with which he's made the moves. We landed Cromartie without sacrificing a 2010 pick. We got pretty good value for a prima donna, albeit talented, Kerry Rhodes. We replaced him with a young guy who isn't afraid to lay the wood in Brodney Pool, who is expendable if his concussion issues surface. And the only way the LT move will look bad in my eyes is if it costs us Leon for anything less than a mid-2nd rounder.

And the biggest reason we can make these moves and sign good players below market value? His hiring of Rex Ryan. Players want to play for the guy, period. And if a guy like Rhodes CAN'T play for him, he becomes expendable.

Definitely. Love his crafty nature. The way he works in conditional picks and always seems to get the better end of the deal is really impressive.

Agreed. The guy is known as one of the most agressive and creative GM's in the game today. Hey... at least it's always exciting around here.

No doubt. When trade/signing rumor swirl with Tanny, I doubt none of it...lol

the only saving grace is that i'm not nearly as optimistic as game 1 of the 1999 season. :cry:

No need for the frown...this is a good thing.

I to am getting very optimistic, but I do think they are forgetting about 1 huge part of the game that we got significantly weaker at this offseason SPECIAL TEAMS, losing Murrell and Wright hurt replacing Feeley with Folk is a down grade. I know its still early in the offseason but we also need a huge upgrade at Punter with the D we field, field position can win games by itself for us, so I hope they have some plans up there sleeves for the special teams.

Know that Tomlinson is an older back, which is not necessarily a good thing.Still, with a solid camp and a great OL, he can be effective spotting Greene. Yet we have the unprecedented instance of a household name joining the Jets because he thinks they are about to take the next step and wants to be part of that.

Only comparasion that comes close was Ronnie Lott, but he was done and it was strictly a cash grab.

I'd say Atwater is also a comparison. Hope this one works out better.

Jets should have gotten. The NFL has always kissed Mara's ass by allowing the Giants to have 19 of 26 Home openers in old Meadowlands. Thats 73%!!!! You cant get that big of a edge by chance. It was always rigged to be in Giants favor and now it starts again.

If he pulls off a good trade for Marchall I will duty myself in glee.

Believe me, Brandon Marshall is not worth it. Guy is a very big talent, but his off-the-field activities make him a liability.

Maybe if someone could keep an ankle bracelet on him at all times......

The. Jets. Have. No. Depth.

None.

Its March buddy. We still have this thing called the draft.

Beyond that, Rex was able to find depth out of a bunch of nobodies last season, at least on the defensive side of the ball. SEE: Donald Strickland, Sione Pouha, Howard Green, Mike DeVito, Eric Smith. Nothing special there, but servicable in case of an injury.

On offense, I see us addressing our "depth issues" at the WR and OL positions at some point. We already have good depth currently at RB and brought back Hartsock. I'd possibly look for us to get a veteran QB in here at some point, too.

If depth is our biggest concern, we're in damn good shape. I'd rather have awesome starters and decent depth than be like you guys and have a whole lot of JAGs just to have them. At exactly what positions on the field does Miami best us?

Its March buddy. We still have this thing called the draft.

Beyond that, Rex was able to find depth out of a bunch of nobodies last season, at least on the defensive side of the ball. SEE: Donald Strickland, Sione Pouha, Howard Green, Mike DeVito, Eric Smith. Nothing special there, but servicable in case of an injury.

On offense, I see us addressing our "depth issues" at the WR and OL positions at some point. We already have good depth currently at RB and brought back Hartsock. I'd possibly look for us to get a veteran QB in here at some point, too.

If depth is our biggest concern, we're in damn good shape. I'd rather have awesome starters and decent depth than be like you guys and have a whole lot of JAGs just to have them. At exactly what positions on the field does Miami best us?

cheerleader?

Archived