Braylon and Brad Smith sign

flgreen

Brad Smith-WR-Jets Mar. 22 - 4:08 pm et

Jets re-signed restricted free agent WR Brad Smith to a one-year, $1.759 million contract.

While Smith is effective in the Jets' version of the Wildcat (11.5 YPC and a score on 18 carries last year), he's not shown the ability to separate from defensive backs as a wide receiver. New York may target a third receiver upgrade early in April's draft. If so, Smith will focus on playing special teams.

Source: Rich Cimini on Twitter

Braylon Edwards-WR-Jets Mar. 22 - 4:04 pm et

Jets re-signed restricted free agent WR Braylon Edwards to a one-year, $5.005 million contract.

The tender is a 10% raise on Edwards' 2009 salary. The 27-year-old finished last season with just 45 catches for 680 yards (15.1 YPC) and four TDs, only temporarily appearing rejuvenated after coming from Cleveland. His talent is undeniable, but Edwards' confidence will have to come around to fulfill his potential. If he's unable to, the Jets may let him walk in 2011 free agency.

Source: Rich Cimini on Twitter

http://www.rotoworld.com/content/home_NFL.aspx

I think that Braylon is saying that he wants to be a Jet. That looms well for the team. he will be a part of the team right from the start this year. That can only benefit the team and his career.

I like Brad Smith and am glad that he signed. He is a force to be reckoned with.

I was disaqppointed that NEON LEON has not signed his tender and did not show up in camp. This is about team building. Perhaps he is not ready to go.

Golden Tate is the guy we need to draft.

Co-sgn. I am certain Edwards is going to really bust his ass this season, but I do not think he is the long-term solution at #1 WR. As soon as this guy gets a lucrative long-term deal, he will revert to usual form. I also do not place much credence in his professed love for the Jets -- as an UFA I have no doubt he will go to the highest bidder/easiest situation.

Archived