Mike Francesa owned (from awhile ago)

jaspegs

Bottom line with this guy is the reason he badmouths the Jets is that the Jets have aligned themselves with his competitor, specifically 1050 ESPN, and allow Francesca and WFAN only very limited access to players and coaches, while the Giants bend over backwards to accomodate him.

Francesa let it slip on the air last week and even admitted that the Jets have been shutting him out for a few years now, even before Rex became Head Coach.

This is the reason that Fatso has an axe to grind with the team and why he kills them on the air every chance he gets. It's totally personal. He takes care of the people who take care of him, which is why he has no credibility left.

He's also an arrogant bully and has no interpersonal skills, which is why he's lost every friend in the business he's ever had, including Billy Packer, Jimmy the Greek, Russo, and Parcells, among others.

Bottom line with this guy is the reason he badmouths the Jets is that the Jets have aligned themselves with his competitor, specifically 1050 ESPN, and allow Francesca and WFAN only very limited access to players and coaches, while the Giants bend over backwards to accomodate him.

Francesa let it slip on the air last week and even admitted that the Jets have been shutting him out for a few years now, even before Rex became Head Coach.

This is the reason that Fatso has an axe to grind with the team and why he kills them on the air every chance he gets. It's totally personal. He takes care of the people who take care of him, which is why he has no credibility left.

He's also an arrogant bully and has no interpersonal skills, which is why he's lost every friend in the business he's ever had, including Billy Packer, Jimmy the Greek, Russo, and Parcells, among others.

Not to defend Francessa, but Jimmy the Greek died, Billy Packer retired and he never got along with Russo... Parcells definitely fits your argument though.

Not to defend Francessa, but Jimmy the Greek died, Billy Packer retired and he never got along with Russo... Parcells definitely fits your argument though.

Greek was Francesa's mentor and they were not speaking prior to his death.

Packer retired but even Francesa admits they had a falling out a few years ago.

He and Russo were never best friends, but they did work together for almost 20 years.

Even Parcells, a friend with with whom I believe he owned a racehorse together, doesn't talk to him anymore because of a personal rift.

My point is that Francesa is not good with relationships. His personality "on air" seems to follow him "off the air", and as a result, he appears to wear out his welcome rather quickly with people with his arrogance.

still dont understand why people listen to him....

I'll be honest, because of the Yankees period. Although he's completely clueless with Football in general, he pretty much knows his baseball stuff. As a side note he's also pretty good with college basketball. Look, he grinds on me too. I'm an on and off listener. I'm the guy who will switch back and forth. But lets be honest, Micheal Kay is as clueless when it comes to football and yes, he is a much bigger Yankee homer the Fatso. I really don't like either but I love sports talk. So I listen to a little of both until one annoys me and will just listen to music when I've had enough of both. Brandon Turney is the best guy to listen to in terms of Jets talk. No one else is even close.

But Bottom line NYC needs a 3rd sports talk station. ;)

it makes good radio! period! that's why he bashes the Jets, he said it himself during Championship week! He loves the Giants, badmouths the Jets and it makes for good radio for a couple million people who like to hear his garbage!

Archived