Rams cut Bulger. Possible vet backup for Jets?

SouthernJet

I see Bulger being picked up by any number of teams such as:

Bills

Seahawks

Vikings

Cardinals

Niners

Raiders

Jaguars

I don't see the Jets signing him as a qb, or being able to, with teams like the ones above looking for possible starters.

I see Bulger being picked up by any number of teams such as:

Bills

Seahawks

Vikings

Cardinals

Niners

Raiders

Jaguars

I don't see the Jets signing him as a qb, or being able to, with teams like the ones above looking for possible starters.

Agreed, I think he wants to start. No thanks.

Marc Bulger is 5-32 as a starter since 2007.

Let me type that up again for you.

5-32

So it's a$$ sweat Vs Doo Doo.

It's more so value. Would it be good for our franchise Q.B Mark Sanchez to learn behind Bulger or Clemens?

Bulger's been around the league a lot more and has been a starter, Mark would learn a lot more from him then Clemens.

Marc Bulger is 5-32 as a starter since 2007.

Let me type that up again for you.

5-32

Which is why I'm sure glad he wouldn't be coming in to start. Besides, the Rams sucking is as big of a reason for that 5-32 record as Bulger sucking. He'd be a .500 QB for the Jets, which is all we'd be needing out of our backup QB. Bulger had success in the past when he had a good OL and weapons, and he'd have both here.

Bulger >>>> Clemens, given his output against Tampa Bay last year.

It's more so value. Would it be good for our franchise Q.B Mark Sanchez to learn behind Bulger or Clemens?

Bulger's been around the league a lot more and has been a starter, Mark would learn a lot more from him then Clemens.

I wouldnt go that far. Bulger is here if Sanchez gets hurt, period, not to be a mentor, and I doubt he'd want to be.

Bulger will NOT be a starter anywhere else, so I'd bet he'd be more willing to be a backup at a winner than most other places.

To learn what?

How to not win playoff games?

How to become so scared of the rush that you are completely rendered ineffective?

I think Kellen can teach him both of those things.

I don't really care about a mentor to Mark Sanchez. We had a "mentor" for Kellen and how did that turn out? When I look for a backup QB, I want someone that can come in and win games, should it come down to that. Marc Bulger can't do that. ****, Sanchez took his team further in his rookie year than Bulger EVER did.

If we want a vet backup, it should be Kerry Collins. He took the Titans to 13-3 two years ago by simply staying out of the way and letting the talent carry him. While that may not seem like much, it's something guys like Pennington were never able to master. Plus, Kerry can "mentor" Mark and teach him how to be an alcoholic that no longer loves football. I'd rather that than have Bulger come in and teach Sanchez how to be a scared loser that can't even win games with one of the 3 best RBs on Earth behind him.

Which is why I'm sure glad he wouldn't be coming in to start. Besides, the Rams sucking is as big of a reason for that 5-32 record as Bulger sucking. He'd be a .500 QB for the Jets, which is all we'd be needing out of our backup QB. Bulger had success in the past when he had a good OL and weapons, and he'd have both here.

Bulger >>>> Clemens, given his output against Tampa Bay last year.

Bulger has the exact same habits as Clemens. The major difference being that Bulger is 33 years old, and his habits are likely so imbedded in him that they are no longer correctable.

It's a lateral move and it's pointless.

I wouldnt go that far. Bulger is here if Sanchez gets hurt, period, not to be a mentor, and I doubt he'd want to be.

Bulger will NOT be a starter anywhere else, so I'd bet he'd be more willing to be a backup at a winner than most other places.

Nothing wrong with learning from a guy who's been there done that. Not a mentor, just a move made by the FO to get a seasoned vet to work with the chise!

Archived