Official JN Schottenheimer Discussion Thread

Irish Jet

In the end, its Rex's job to reel in Shotty and his "scheme". Rex has got to say or I hope he said this week to the offense, dont blow it, lets stick to the run (yeah I know they are No. 1 against the run) but lets do this, and lets mix it up with high percentage pass plays.

We do match up well with this team.

• Replies 463
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No I dont think hes going to install it in a week. He knows our current playbook obviously, so at the very least, he can probably be less predictable. I called for Shottys head 7 games ago not now with 3 left to play. A half of a season whould have given Callahan some time to work in a few new wrinkles and move forward. You make it sound like Im thinking a whole new play book is in the works in a week and I never suggested that a little over exagerated dont you think.

I can see one thing and thats where Sanchez excells it seems sh*tty has no idea The stats pretty much back it as well, its predictability thats killing this offense.

I've been calling for head since 2007... it doesn't seem to be working.

I quoted you, but you are not the only one that thinks Callahan will turn this O into some kind of juggernaut. Most of the people spouting Callahan think it will help the running game. How exactly I'm not sure, since he is supposedly in charge of it now. I think Callahan is kind of a douche who has completely lost teams and fanbases in alarmingly quick fashion in Oakland and Nebraska. People complain about Rex, but nobody seems to remember Callahan alienated all the vets on that excellent Raider a year after getting to the super bowl. Super bowl to 4-12 and universally hated by guys like Tim Brown and Charles Woodson. I'm pretty sure that he said Woodson was too old to peform at a high level. In 2003!

The fact is, Sanchez is far from ready for the west coast offense. He is also probably not ready for ANY offense and that is why I think they are predictable. They are protecting him. Notice how the games have all been close? All except one. They are in every game because of the defense and that is partially because this "predictable" play calling has limited Sanchez mistakes. This two game skid really set everybody off well notice a couple of things: 1. against the Dolphins the boy wonder threw the ball to the other team several times. He threw the ball on outs after the CB undercut the WR. Released the ball after the DB undercut. Poor choices. He also fumbled four times. Limiting the passing attempts kept us in that game and if they had just run-run-pass-punted instead of fumbling and INT'ing they probably would have won. 2. Against the Pats they tried to open it up as the game got out of hand because the D fell apart. When they did he threw three picks. They came later because they were forced to open it up.

You're talking out of your a$$...how dare you speak ill of the Sanchize. He and Callahan will deliver us our deserved bounty...but only once Schotty the Destroyer has had his head impaled upon a spear to be displayed throughout the land. It is clear the gods do not favor him.

The fact is, Sanchez is far from ready for the west coast offense. He is also probably not ready for ANY offense and that is why I think they are predictable. They are protecting him. Notice how the games have all been close? All except one. They are in every game because of the defense and that is partially because this "predictable" play calling has limited Sanchez mistakes. This two game skid really set everybody off well notice a couple of things: 1. against the Dolphins the boy wonder threw the ball to the other team several times. He threw the ball on outs after the CB undercut the WR. Released the ball after the DB undercut. Poor choices. He also fumbled four times. Limiting the passing attempts kept us in that game and if they had just run-run-pass-punted instead of fumbling and INT'ing they probably would have won. 2. Against the Pats they tried to open it up as the game got out of hand because the D fell apart. When they did he threw three picks. They came later because they were forced to open it up.

How in the blue hell is what they're doing protecting Sanchez? Have him come in sometimes after Bradcat for 3rd and long plays? A lot of shotgun and empty back sets in passing downs? A lack of easy designed throws?

Make no mistake Sanchez hasn't played well, but please don't act like the rest of the team is helping him. They are not. The O-line blows, the WRs give no effort and drop passes, and the play calling is atrocious.

It's amazing to me that people want to give up on the 2nd year #5 overall draft pick QB but are fiercely protective of the 5th year OC that has never delivered great results. Why the double standard on excuses?

Dom, I know you've been around for awhile. Are you seriously going to tell me guys like Elway, Aikman and others were playing well in their second years? Hell Phillip Rivers didn't even play well his second, and that's after sitting a few years behind Drew Brees! Drew Brees was also not exactly lighting the world on fire his second year.

You give QBs a minimum of 3 years full time starting. As a general rule of thumb, if a second year player plays at least as well as in his 1st year you consider that a huge step up. Sanchez is playing better than his rookie year actually. Matt Ryan is one of the best all time QBs in terms of picking up the game quickly, and if you look at his second year he was not very good. Flacco also still hasn't shown up in a playoff game like Sanchez has. These guys are in their third years and now are really putting it together, after a rough start for Flacco.

If you guys were in charge you would have given up on all of these guys. And let's not even mention Eli Manning, whom you guys would have cut at some point outright.

How in the blue hell is what they're doing protecting Sanchez? Have him come in sometimes after Bradcat for 3rd and long plays? A lot of shotgun and empty back sets in passing downs? A lack of easy designed throws?

Make no mistake Sanchez hasn't played well, but please don't act like the rest of the team is helping him. They are not. The O-line blows, the WRs give no effort and drop passes, and the play calling is atrocious.

It's amazing to me that people want to give up on the 2nd year #5 overall draft pick QB but are fiercely protective of the 5th year OC that has never delivered great results. Why the double standard on excuses?

Dom, I know you've been around for awhile. Are you seriously going to tell me guys like Elway, Aikman and others were playing well in their second years? Hell Phillip Rivers didn't even play well his second, and that's after sitting a few years behind Drew Brees! Drew Brees was also not exactly lighting the world on fire his second year.

You give QBs a minimum of 3 years full time starting. As a general rule of thumb, if a second year player plays at least as well as in his 1st year you consider that a huge step up. Sanchez is playing better than his rookie year actually. Matt Ryan is one of the best all time QBs in terms of picking up the game quickly, and if you look at his second year he was not very good. Flacco also still hasn't shown up in a playoff game like Sanchez has. These guys are in their third years and now are really putting it together, after a rough start for Flacco.

If you guys were in charge you would have given up on all of these guys. And let's not even mention Eli Manning, whom you guys would have cut at some point outright.

I'm the last one to advocate getting rid of Sanchez, but he's playing like sh*t and I think it's the #1 problem on offense. I'd stick with him and would never even mention benching him. They protected Sanchez by hardly passing until necessary. Sanchez could hardly hold onto the ball against Miami. I think you guys are off base by flipping out on Schottenheimer. I don't think he is any genius, but he's okay and he's been handcuffed the majority of time here. I don't even care if they replace him, but the time is after the season. Not now. I'm also not that crazy about Callahan or Cavanaugh who are the likely replacements, but that's another story. Was Schottenheimer smart when they were putting up 30 ppg weeks 2-6 and 9-12? No, Sanchez was playing better.

Sanchez is the suck, but you dont bench him now. Just like B Schitt is the suck, and you dont fire him right now.

The reason it seems that people are ready to give up on him or why some are, is that many of us didnt want anything to do with Sanchez. I'm sure you can find my posts. I was very vocal that he was the one guy in the entire draft that I wanted nothing to do with. So seeing him suck, makes it hard to believe. However, in the grand, I realize he's a very young inexperienced QB who will need time. What makes that tough to swallow, is this is the best Jets team I've seen in a long time, maybe ever in terms of talent. I truly think we have a SB caliber team but Sanchez ruins it all.

And I dont get your Flacco comments, maybe you mean someone else? But, Flacco went to the AFCG in his rookie season too. Guy won 11 games his rookie season not being asked to do much, just like Sanchez but he was much better. High completion %, 14 TDs, 12 INTs. Followed up by a 9-7 season, playoff win in NE, and had 21 TD's 12 INT's. And he was doing this with Jags, outside of Mason. Now with talent around him, he's a certified stud.

Flacco and Ryan are years ahead of Sanchez. And they arent little ******* pussy faggots on the sidelines when times are tough. They are so much more talented and mentally tougher its not even funny.

I'm the last one to advocate getting rid of Sanchez, but he's playing like sh*t and I think it's the #1 problem on offense. I'd stick with him and would never even mention benching him. They protected Sanchez by hardly passing until necessary. Sanchez could hardly hold onto the ball against Miami. I think you guys are off base by flipping out on Schottenheimer. I don't think he is any genius, but he's okay and he's been handcuffed the majority of time here. I don't even care if they replace him, but the time is after the season. Not now. I'm also not that crazy about Callahan or Cavanaugh who are the likely replacements, but that's another story. Was Schottenheimer smart when they were putting up 30 ppg weeks 2-6 and 9-12? No, Sanchez was playing better.

I've pretty much agreed with everything you've said in this thread. I want to hold you.

Archived