Is Haynesworth worth pursuing?

Jetsfan_always

99% sure I've read more than one source claiming that Haynesworth wants nothing to do with playing in a 3-4. Even though IMO he'd be fantastic in Rex's D.

Yeah. That's a good part of the reason the 'skins would move him. He was supposedly offered up for a 3rd with no takers. April 1 the 'skins paid him a $21M bonus and that deal was off the table. I doubt they'll move him cheap after paying him all that scratch.

I saw this article, and know the Jets, along with all other NFL teams, could always use more D-line depth.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news;_ylt=AiOuIoxyYj.p1cCShZaYnNhDubYF?slug=cr-haynesworthdebacle041610

He also wants to play end, so there would be no issue re-uniting Al with Kris.

What do you all think?

What do you mean reuinite...they played on the same team before?

What don't Jet fans understad? He doesn't want to play in a 3-4 Defense. Meaning he doesn't want to play NT, DE, LB, or even Safety.

NO!

I dont want him however its devils advocate time. "He doesnt want to play in a 3-4" dont fly with me. Are you and him old college buddies? Perhaps he called you recently and expressed his desire not to play in a 3-4.

And dont tell me you read it a bunch of times; if so wheres the links at?? Was it recent (i.e. just after he got the big bonus)

Now that he got his $$, I cant imagine playing on a SB contender, on this D, under Rex Ryan is something he wouldnt want to do.....

I dont want him however its devils advocate time. "He doesnt want to play in a 3-4" dont fly with me. Are you and him old college buddies? Perhaps he called you recently and expressed his desire not to play in a 3-4.

And dont tell me you read it a bunch of times; if so wheres the links at?? Was it recent (i.e. just after he got the big bonus)

Now that he got his $$, I cant imagine playing on a SB contender, on this D, under Rex Ryan is something he wouldnt want to do.....

I'll look for the article, but Haynesworth signed with the Redskins when they were playing a 4-3 D. They switched when they got Shanahan.

I don't have any links. I made it all up. The truth of the matter is that I'm home on a Friday night and decided around 4-5ish after driving home from the beach; "hey RJF (that's right, I speak to myself in my Internet handle acronym when I'm doing my inner monologue), you know what we should do when we get home? We should make up a bunch of stuff about Albert Haynesworth and post it on the Jet forum that we've been forced to resort to post on since the other one sucked Naavi balls."

And sure enough, there was already a thread started on him! Talk about timing. Good times. Good times indeed.

here's a tip: Google "Haynesworth 3-4" and you'll find several articles on the first page.

Another reason not to want him is the way he stopped playing hard once he got his big front loaded contract. We'd be far better off drafting a NT than trading for one.

I don't have any links. I made it all up. The truth of the matter is that I'm home on a Friday night and decided around 4-5ish after driving home from the beach; "hey RJF (that's right, I speak to myself in my Internet handle acronym when I'm doing my inner monologue), you know what we should do when we get home? We should make up a bunch of stuff about Albert Haynesworth and post it on the Jet forum that we've been forced to resort to post on since the other one sucked Naavi balls."

And sure enough, there was already a thread started on him! Talk about timing. Good times. Good times indeed.

:rl: Shame on you. ;)

here's a tip: Google "Haynesworth 3-4" and you'll find several articles on the first page.

Another reason not to want him is the way he stopped playing hard once he got his big front loaded contract. We'd be far better off drafting a NT than trading for one.

All that $$ and Shanahan can't get that fat pig to show up for non mandatory workouts. What a waste.

I'm pretty sure Fat Albert doesn't want to play nose tackle in a 3-4. Why, many people may ask. It's because in a 3-4 his role would be to get double teamed every single play. If he gets double teamed every play, he gets less recognition because he's not as free to make the big plays. Having said that, it is clear he is an egomaniac, that only cares about money. Rex would probably whip him in to shape, and if Rex can't, i'm sure the super bowl ring that we're going to win would.

And yes Fat Al, and Jenks played together, and both started on the AFC pro bowl team for '08-'09 season. For those of you who don't know. That's close to 800lbs, and 13ft. of pure meat!!!!!

FORGET JASON TAYLOR, WE ALL HATE HIM GET FAT AL!!!!!!!!

Archived