Blowfish cancel meeting with Jason Taylor

Kentucky Jet

Apr

17Dolphins cancel meeting with Taylor; may have to settle for the Jets

Posted by Matt Loede under Miami Dolphins, New York Jets

It appears that the options for DE/LB Jason Taylor may be down to one, and that could be the New York Jets. The National Football Post reports that the Dolphins, the former team for Taylor, has said forget it about a meeting to talk about exactly what the veteran wants:

While Jason Taylor is in Costa Rica for a family vacation and isn’t planning to make a decision on whether he’ll sign with the New York Jets or continue to wait on the Miami Dolphins, the team recently canceled a meeting with the pass rusher, according to the Miami Herald.

Per the report, the Dolphins were supposed to hold a private meeting between Taylor and coach Tony Sparano that was cancelled because the team decided to call if off. This is expected to bother Taylor. At this point, Taylor has a choice: Sign with the Jets or wait until after the draft to see if the Dolphins want him then.

There’s no word on what the Jets offer was, but it’s been talked about that Taylor was not going to just use the Jets to drive up the price of the Fins, but now, he may have to just take the offer from the Jets and be happy with it – as he may not have a choice

PFT April 17

Dolphins call off meeting with Jason Taylor

Posted by Mike Florio on April 17, 2010 5:23 PM ET

Well, it looks like it's time to start spreadin' the news. Jason Taylor could be leavin' today.

Maybe not today, but soon.

Jeff Darlington of the Miami Herald reports that the Dolphins decided to cancel a meeting scheduled between coach Tony Sparano and Taylor. It appeared that the meeting was aimed at being either a last-ditch effort to persuade Taylor to stay -- or maybe a chance to tell Taylor, "It's not you, it's me."

Per Darlington, Taylor is becoming increasingly aggravated by the lack of communication. Still, while agent Gary Wichard has been pushing Taylor to leave for the Jets, Taylor has not yet decided to make the move.

By all appearances, Taylor has been dragging his feet in the hopes that the Dolphins will wake up and realize that he's serious about leaving. Maybe the Dolphins simply don't believe he'll do it.

Given that he hasn't done it yet, maybe the Dolphins are right.

This is old news. A local writer in the Miami Herald reported this last week. Jason Taylor is a dick...

Edit.......

Armando Salguero

Miami Herald

April 14, 2010

Tony Sparano cancels meeting with Jason Taylor?

The Jason Taylor saga is taking another turn this week as the Dolphins cancel a proposed meeting to keep the veteran outside linebacker.

I've been told Coach Tony Sparano and Jason have a pretty good relationship but as olf now they have no plans for him.

I have not been able to confirm this report yet but decided to share it with you for the sake of giving you the latest on the matter. I'll update as details become available

This is old news. A local writer in the Miami Herald reported this last week. Jason Taylor is a dick...

Edit.......

Armando Salguero

Miami Herald

April 14, 2010

The Jason Taylor saga is taking another turn this week as the Dolphins cancel a proposed meeting to keep the veteran outside linebacker.

I've been told Coach Tony Sparano and Jason have a pretty good relationship but as olf now they have no plans for him.

I have not been able to confirm this report yet but decided to share it with you for the sake of giving you the latest on the matter. I'll update as details become available

This is weird. You would think that they would at least show a smidgen of respect for a player that has been stellar for them throughout his career. Doing it like this, while he is contemplating leaving for their arch rival, would create a chip on his shoulder. Knowing they will have to play him twice a year, making him that much more motivated to beat them would not be the best way to go about things.

Maybe they just really think his tank is completely empty. Still doesn't explain why they wouldn't at least be cordial. I don't understand all of this.

This is weird. You would think that they would at least show a smidgen of respect for a player that has been stellar for them throughout his career. Doing it like this, while he is contemplating leaving for their arch rival, would create a chip on his shoulder. Knowing they will have to play him twice a year, making him that much more motivated to beat them would not be the best way to go about things.

Maybe they just really think his tank is completely empty. Still doesn't explain why they wouldn't at least be cordial. I don't understand all of this.

"Jason Taylor is a whiny individual who has no want to play anywhere else but in Miami!"

Perfect example of this is he was offered a Multi- Million dollar 5-year contract with Washington at the end of the season & refused to extend his ONE YEAR CONTRACT!

For some reason, Jason can not live with the fact that he can not spend his weeknights in SOUTH BEACH?!!

I'm just sayin'

Edit.......

Armando Salguero

Miami Herald

April 14, 2010

At least he's stayed consistant over the years. :biggrin:

I'm so torn on this issue.

Part of me wants the Jets to sign Taylor before the draft just so they don't force a first round selection on one of these hard to project DE to OLB conversions in the first round.

But if he doesn't sign, I'll almost hope the Jets do take one of those guys in the first round just to give JT a big FU.

In the end, I hope they're wise and patient. Recognizing that they had the #1 passing dee in the league last year, and that it already got better with the addition of Cromartie. That another CB is a better defense against against Peyton Manning than a pass rusher. That there will be very good DE to OLB prospects in the middle and late rounds of this draft, too.

I'm so torn on this issue.

Part of me wants the Jets to sign Taylor before the draft just so they don't force a first round selection on one of these hard to project DE to OLB conversions in the first round.

But if he doesn't sign, I'll almost hope the Jets do take one of those guys in the first round just to give JT a big FU.

In the end, I hope they're wise and patient. Recognizing that they had the #1 passing dee in the league last year, and that it already got better with the addition of Cromartie. That another CB is a better defense against against Peyton Manning than a pass rusher. That there will be very good DE to OLB prospects in the middle and late rounds of this draft, too.

Slats, He does not want to sign with the JETS or any other NFL team except the Dolphags!

If he was interested, he would have signed with us prior to the draft.

For the Jets to take him after would give US the advantage of offering him a one year BASIC contract. If he wouldn't take a $7 Million signing bonus from the Redskins when a month earlier he refused to sign a larger Multi-year contract and then asked if anything was still on the table (When no one else -DOLPHINS- were interested) only to refuse again, why on earth would he sign with us?

Jason, just sell the home in Orlando & move back to South Beach. Get a job as a local MIAMI sportscaster @ 11:00 in the evening and shut the **** Up!

Archived