What has Rex Ryan proven???

Barton

I'll start out by saying this - I really like Rex Ryan. He's great with the defense.

But last year was still Mangini's guys (high character).

Rex is bringing in his guys now (braylon, cro, holmes, LT) etc. Some of these guys are distraction types.

Rex hasnt proven he can handle a lockerroom. Sorry but he has not. Even last year guys were mouthing off.

This is such a big year for him. If this team does not make the playoffs, it all falls on Ryan being unable to lead the team. Because YOU KNOW there will be issues to deal with.

I'm gonna give him the benefit of the doubt, he deserves it. But I just think its funny how most Jets fans are just assuming Rex can take on all these moron players and turn them into team guys. When has he ever done that?

He took Magini's team that finished in the middle of the pack in defense and made them the number one defense in the league in one season. All he added was Scott, Douglas and Leonard. He tried to add sheppard and strickland, but they were basically hurt for most of the year. So he battled his number one CB being out, plus lost Jenkins on top of it all.

I'd say that's a pretty good test. Especially for a fist time HC. In NY ta boot.

There is reason to believe he's good at this.

I'll start out by saying this - I really like Rex Ryan. He's great with the defense.

Rex is bringing in his guys now (braylon, cro, holmes, LT) etc. Some of these guys are distraction types.

Rex hasnt proven he can handle a lockerroom. Sorry but he has not. Even last year guys were mouthing off.

This is such a big year for him. If this team does not make the playoffs, it all falls on Ryan being unable to lead the team. Because YOU KNOW there will be issues to deal with.

I'm gonna give him the benefit of the doubt, he deserves it. But I just think its funny how most Jets fans are just assuming Rex can take on all these moron players and turn them into team guys. When has he ever done that?

He's only been a head coach for 1 year and in that one year, he went to the AFC Title game WITH a rookie QB, WITHOUT two of his top players (Jenkins & Leon), and WITH one of the guys you sight as a distraction type (Edwards).

I don't know, maybe it's me, but I'd say that's provin' something.

Good grief.

He's only been a head coach for 1 year and in that one year, he went to the AFC Title game WITH a rookie QB, WITHOUT two of his top players (Jenkins & Leon), and WITH one of the guys you sight as a distraction type (Edwards).

I don't know, maybe it's me, but I'd say that's provin' something.

Good grief.

AMEN!

I like what Rex is for NY. Mike F. from 660 is right when he says a NY coach needs to have NY ties and kind of know the town. It was true of the Yankees with Torre and the Giants with Parcells...if you want to be on that level you have to get a guy who can connect to the area. Ryan's family is a well liked family in the Jets history.

The thing is, Rex wouldn't work without someone like Mangini. Mangini put together alot of last year's roster with Tannenbaum. They can spend now on guys like Edwards and Holmes because they went out and got guys like Jenkins, Pace, Revis, Harris, and all of that group. Just like Torre probably wouldn't have been so well without the massive rebuild in the Yankees organization through their scouting department.

Rex really hasn't done sh*t yet. He's got time, and a young, possible stud QB.

I couldn't disagree more. RYAN PROVED WITHOUT A SHADOW OF A DOUBT that he can handle a locker room. In the beginning/middle of the season, his offense was doing nothing and you did NOT SEE finger pointing. His offense lost games for them but you didn't see unit v unit fighting.

Outstanding point! They lost several games where the defense played great and Sanchez single handedly blew the games with incredibly stupid mistakes. Classic situation where vets on many teams would question the wisdom of staying with a struggling rookie QB. Instead they lined up in Mark's defense.

Ryan can lead.

I think there's one thing all Jets fans can agree on, and that is that one Jets season has no bearing on the next Jets season. It wouldn't shock me next year to see the Jets finish 16-0, nor would it surprise me to see them finish 6-10. This is life as a Jets fan.

I think there's one thing all Jets fans can agree on, and that is that one Jets season has no bearing on the next Jets season. It wouldn't shock me next year to see the Jets finish 16-0, nor would it surprise me to see them finish 6-10. This is life as a Jets fan.

Debbie_Downer.jpg

Please ban this joker

QFT.

Uhm, Herm won 2 playoff games with the Jets (1 on the road).

Also, while I think Herm was a buffoon, 2001 was the ONLY of his 5 yrs as a HC with the Jets that he had a healthy QB for the entire year.

and Ryan won 2 playoff games..... in 1 season

Archived