brandon graham, michgan DE

bitonti

BRANDON GRAHAM

this is my and many others #1 choice the whole season... but as we got closer it got less likely he's there at 29... and now no one talks about him.

but please consider the following evidence, that he COULD be there at 29:

-he's undersized. no 4-3 team other than Colts or Eagles would know how to use him (Eagles just signed Daryl Tapp another undersized DE)

-there are lot of tweeners this year. there are roughly 30 draft-able OLB pass rush conversion tweeners. Graham is the best but all of them together (supply exceeding demand) pushes down the value of the position in this draft.

-other teams needs OL, DL, CB runs?. 4 Nose tackles were franchised this year. No good offensive tackles were on the market. Darrelle REvis and Tracy Porter redefining the cover CB value. There could be a run and any or all of these positions by 29. Suspect players like Bruce Campbell or Patrick Robinson could be off the board.

-Its an exceptional year overallCasserly and Kiper both have remarked this class is once in a generation deep in the first round. Throw in Eric Berry, 2 QB (Clausen could drop), Ryan Mathews and lo and behold... Brandon Graham falls.

-mock projections. Sam Farmer ran a newspapers beat writers mock draft and Cimini got Graham at 29. I participated in a mock draft with about 28 websites, and got Graham at 29. I can dig up the links if interested. It can and does happen in these projections. It's certainly not a sure thing but not 1 in a million either. The fact that Cimini and myself both took him at 29 without blinking proves it's an idiot proof pick. Tanny has to love this guy, if they trade up a couple spots, that's who it will be for... JMO.

stay tuned Jets fans...

Lots of 3-4 and/or hybrid teams ahead of us this year.

Pats, Packers, Steelers, Ravens, Cowboys, Chargers...

I would love to see him there, and have little doubt he'd be the pick if he was, but that's a lot of possible landing places ahead of us. As Bit suggest, there are some other guys who need to go in these spots to save Graham for us. I think we need to see guys like Kindle, Odrick, Grifen and Cody get the call but I'll tell you that if he's still on the board around 25 (after NE) I'll start getting pumped. Might be nice to have a deal worked out with ARI at 26 if they really want him (gets us ahead of SD and DAL).

I think this Jets "need" at pass rush is very overstated by the fans and media alike. Another pass rusher doesn't help get the Jets past teams like Colts nearly as well as another CB. The league's top QB's can handle pressure, and dump the ball off to their hot read. Be nice to have a first round pick covering the 3rd WR in those 3rd down situations.

I really prefer they shop for these DE to OLB projects in the mid- to later rounds.

I think this Jets "need" at pass rush is very overstated by the fans and media alike. Another pass rusher doesn't help get the Jets past teams like Colts nearly as well as another CB. The league's top QB's can handle pressure, and dump the ball off to their hot read. Be nice to have a first round pick covering the 3rd WR in those 3rd down situations.

I really prefer they shop for these DE to OLB projects in the mid- to later rounds.

I think its safe to say we'll be drafting a CB in round 1 or 2. Rex loves him some CB's, because he loves to play man-to-man and blitz. A pass rusher is nice to have so that we don't always have to be sending overload or house pass rushes all the time, but a nickle CB is an absolute necessity.

I think this is the reason the Jets are looking at Taylor, so we have the horses we need in the front 7 to be able to get more secondary help in the draft.

Been saying that he'll fall for a while now...It's not as if Lamarr Woodley was a secret when he was coming out EVERYONE loved that guy and he was just as productive as Graham was at Michigan...measurables hurt him and he fell all the way to 44...fun fact is that Woodley would have been our pick instead of Harris if we didn't trade up for Revis....if you'll recall the #1 contender for Revis was the Steelers.

but please consider the following evidence, that he COULD be there at 29:

-he's undersized. no 4-3 team other than Colts or Eagles would know how to use him (Eagles just signed Daryl Tapp another undersized DE)

I'll bet you a dollar Graham goes before 29 to a 4-3 team other than the Colts or the Eagles.

I'll bet you a dollar Graham goes before 29 to a 4-3 team other than the Colts or the Eagles.

nah... he could go to the Falcons... but i never said Brandon Graham was a certainty to be there at 29. Im saying there's a better chance than people realize that he's there. It's not 1-in-a-million and it's not a certainty. It's maybe 25% or 50% chance

if he falls, great. no trading up, though. if this draft is mid-round rich, then more picks makes more sense. Pats have 12. They can afford to wheel and deal. we can't

I'm with you on this 100 %. This is, IMO, a very strong draft. No sense to lose other picks by moving up. ::GoJets:

zero seems wildly pessimistic :) we are talking about a shorter athlete with short arms and limited vertical leap.

Vertical leap, huh? Well, since you obviously read that article too I don't really need to point out that none of the pass rushers project well on measurables anyway. Graham at least has production and a motor.

Vertical leap, huh? Well, since you obviously read that article too I don't really need to point out that none of the pass rushers project well on measurables anyway. Graham at least has production and a motor.

He's not getting any taller. JPP. Morgan, Hughes and Griffen have better workout numbers.

Archived