Star Wars Mafia

Bleedin Green

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
We won't know any more until a few days pass, honestly.

Funny. I'm pretty sure I dropped that same type of knowledge on the first day of SMC's game which started a snow ball affect of if its good to discuss set ups early...you were on the otherside of that....hmmm.

Funny. I'm pretty sure I dropped that same type of knowledge on the first day of SMC's game which started a snow ball affect of if its good to discuss set ups early...you were on the otherside of that....hmmm.

I really don't know why you make a big deal of this, you seem to not be able to know what i'm saying so i'll say it like this:

Discussion is fine. Curiosity is natural for a townie. But the truth is we won't have an idea of that kind of crap until a few days.

I like setup discussion. I don't think they're distracting or a waste of time. It does give us something to think about as we try to make things out.

Yes, we can wait to see what we learn later, but it's more intellectual honest than claiming that there is a case to be made against anyone day 1 unless that vote getter pulls an Irish Jet or Ragu.

In my experience, whenever someone says that they have a good case against someone day 1 the person making the case is either scum or EY ... and it never ends well for the town under either scenario.

*Well, I was planning on playing mafia today, but it looks like I'll be gathering up the smashed pieces of my Star Wars/Princess Leia fantasy and heading on down to see the therapist instead...think I'll skip lunch.*

But as long as I'm here, I don't like Doggin dismissing the idea of a cult. I know that there wasn't a prominent cult in the movies, but that doesn't mean that there couldn't be one in the game.

How do the games go here? Do the mods incorporate the theme into play or is it mainly window dressing?

The Sith were kind of a cult.

Kind of- but ultimately we're working with episodes 4-6 here aren't we? So the "sith" are in control, I mean, they are the Galactic empire at this point.

So if that's the case, there are only two. As there can only ever be two Sith, a Master and an Apprentice.

My thought is that the "conversion" scenario, IF there is one, is based on the idea of "coming over to the Dark Side." Not on the Sith storyline from the JarJar movies.

My thought is that the "conversion" scenario, IF there is one, is based on the idea of "coming over to the Dark Side." Not on the Sith storyline from the JarJar movies.

That's a good point. Which if that were the case there HAS to be a 3rd part involved in this or a Vig. Just because of the pacing of the game, it'd move it along more quickly.

Vote Count

brettw4rd (1) - Pac2566

Jets Voice of Reason (1) - Dan X

CTM (4) - SMC, Integrity28, Doggin94it, Klecko

Dan X (1) - AVM

SMC (1) - CTM

Vicious89x (1) - Sharrow

Sharrow (2) - Crusher, JVoR

Doggin94it (1) - DPR

Klecko (1) - slats

With 17 players remaining, it takes 9 votes to feed the Sarlacc.

I think discussing the setup was a lot more productive last game because of how much information SMC gave out as well as playing with just 12 players. With 17 players, and little information given there are a lot more possibilities here. I really doubt there will be conversion on a wide scale though, especially after last game.

That's a good point. Which if that were the case there HAS to be a 3rd part involved in this or a Vig. Just because of the pacing of the game, it'd move it along more quickly.

I think we can safely assume with this many players that there will be plenty of roles.

I am not going to put my list of hypotheses out there, but I am betting we will see a Vig, Cop, Doc, Bodyguard, Miller, Godfather, Apprentice, Thief, Traitor and who knows what else...

The empire and the sith, and in essence the dark side, are basically all the same side. I don't think they would be the 3rd party. And I think if there are any conversions in this game, it will be character-specific, i.e. Vader or the Emperor turning Luke.

I think we can safely assume with this many players that there will be plenty of roles.

I am not going to put my list of hypotheses out there, but I am betting we will see a Vig, Cop, Doc, Bodyguard, Miller, Godfather, Apprentice, Thief, Traitor and who knows what else...

That would be pretty sweet, maybe Luke can turn Vader to the light side?

The empire and the sith, and in essence the dark side, are basically all the same side. I don't think they would be the 3rd party. And I think if there are any conversions in this game, it will be character-specific, i.e. Vader or the Emperor turning Luke.

Third-party, if any, won't be the sith as you noted.

Plus, there won't be any conversion because there were none in Episodes IV-VI, considering that Vader & the Emperor were already bad going into that series. As to Luke, he was tempted but never turned.

If anything, the only 1 to turn was Vader from evil to good. I don't know how Bleedin could work that into the game, but it would be interesting if he did.

Nutshell: this is a straight NK scenario rather than conversion/NK.

Third-party, if any, won't be the sith as you noted.

Plus, there won't be any conversion because there were none in Episodes IV-VI, considering that Vader & the Emperor were already bad going into that series. As to Luke, he was tempted but never turned.

If anything, the only 1 to turn was Vader from evil to good. I don't know how Bleedin could work that into the game, but it would be interesting if he did.

Nutshell: this is a straight NK scenario rather than conversion/NK.

There may not be any conversions, but I think characters like Lando could easily fit into the game as traitors.

I really don't know why you make a big deal of this, you seem to not be able to know what i'm saying so i'll say it like this:

Discussion is fine. Curiosity is natural for a townie. But the truth is we won't have an idea of that kind of crap until a few days.

No big deal. Just pointing this out.

I like setup discussion. I don't think they're distracting or a waste of time. It does give us something to think about as we try to make things out.

Yes, we can wait to see what we learn later, but it's more intellectual honest than claiming that there is a case to be made against anyone day 1 unless that vote getter pulls an Irish Jet or Ragu.

In my experience, whenever someone says that they have a good case against someone day 1 the person making the case is either scum or EY ... and it never ends well for the town under either scenario.

Its a matter of preference I guess. Maybe I'm just not intelligent enough to try and break down possible set ups and it makes me jealous that players have such amazing brains.

There may not be any conversions, but I think characters like Lando could easily fit into the game as traitors.

I also think there are good opportunities for protection roles beyond that of the Doc only. Thinking about the movies and there are so many uniquely tied together characters, it really opens a lot of doors for the mod to get creative.

You miss any other roles out of the wiki? :P

I agree though, it's gonna be chock full of roles. As of right now we got your typical day 1 standard fare, lots of game set-up theories, BS'ing, and not much to go on.

I'll be honest, I've never seen a name called out in a opening post. I have no idea what to make of you.

Agreed.

Plus, I would assume there would be a lot of powers in this game considering the number and Bleedin's incessant whining about his perceived lack of balance in other games.

Agreed.

Plus, I would assume there would be a lot of powers in this game considering the number and Bleedin's incessant whining about his perceived lack of balance in other games.

I'm all for guessing roles and the like, but don't' necessarily think it's a good idea to publish what we think may be our town roles. I'm all for speculating on the scum set-up, but it feels kind of like we're doing the work for them in talking about our possible power roles outside of what may be considered "the norm". JMO.

I'm all for guessing roles and the like, but don't' necessarily think it's a good idea to publish what we think may be our town roles. I'm all for speculating on the scum set-up, but it feels kind of like we're doing the work for them in talking about our possible power roles outside of what may be considered "the norm". JMO.

agreed..

Provoking the mod is not recommended.

BANHAMMER!!

Agreed. Speculating on what roles the Rebellion has may ultimately aid the Imperialists. The good guy power roles know what they have so that's good enough for now.

I enjoy talking about the set-up.. and so far here is my problem with it

Everyone is hypothesizing that boba/jobba are some kind of third party.. but it doesnt make sense. There is a story to this whole game.. so what is their motivation? They dont care if imperials or rebels win.. they are motivated by one thing: money (and Solo)

So it is not like Boba Fett would go out every night and randomly NK someone. He doesnt kill unmotivated. So that leads me to believe that either A)Scum can direct him who to kill, or possibly Town can direct him who to kill.. or B) They dont exist

Finally, they could exist and are driven by the need to catch Solo.. but I still wouldn't believe they randomly NK every night to achieve that. And how do they win? It isn't going to be by killing everyone else.. just doesn't make sense with the story.

I could be over-thinking this.. or missing something obvious.. or Bleedin just destroyed this theory with artistic license.. I dont know

I enjoy talking about the set-up.. and so far here is my problem with it

Everyone is hypothesizing that boba/jobba are some kind of third party.. but it doesnt make sense. There is a story to this whole game.. so what is their motivation? They dont care if imperials or rebels win.. they are motivated by one thing: money (and Solo)

So it is not like Boba Fett would go out every night and randomly NK someone. He doesnt kill unmotivated. So that leads me to believe that either A)Scum can direct him who to kill, or possibly Town can direct him who to kill.. or B) They dont exist

Finally, they could exist and are driven by the need to catch Solo.. but I still wouldn't believe they randomly NK every night to achieve that. And how do they win? It isn't going to be by killing everyone else.. just doesn't make sense with the story.

I could be over-thinking this.. or missing something obvious.. or Bleedin just destroyed this theory with artistic license.. I dont know

We'll know more tomorrow.

Alright, forgive me fot asking so many questions, but I have one more: are there many JN games with solo (not Han) win conditions?

So far it looks like we have more than a few players pushing an agenda. There are also a few of what could be coded posts, which would be exactly what a solo win player would do.

Crusher: I don't disagree with Doggin on the confirmed innocent issue - although it plays a larger factor toward the end of the game, it does ultimately benefit the mafia to kill them because they increase the odds of the innocents picking a mafia for the lynch.

What bugs me is that Doggin knows this, and he also knows that in this case, on D1, everybody is looking for info, including the mafia. My guess is that the mafia will kill another player just to see what roles are out there and because they know that the Ewok is not a power role, they won't kill him. Why waste a shot that could take out a finder or a healer?

Ignoring that fact and trying to tie the healer up protecting the Ewok does make it look like he's trying to steer the game.

And I do realize that it's lame of me to focus so much on the one person I've played alot of games with, but it is what it is.

Having said that, has he pulled the "gambit" here in a while? He and CTM's "first day argument" made me think of that right away.

Archived