I hate this part of the Offseason

Jetsfan80

Well, the draft is over, meaning we now enter probably the most difficult and slow part of the offseason to get through. This is especially true for us Jets fans, since for the most part, the team is all set.

Sure, we might make one more splash and bring in Adalius Thomas. We can also talk about how we won't get Darren Sharper in late July when he becomes available via trade. We can also talk about (yawn) rookie mini-camp ("Joe McKnight dropped a pass, oh noes!").

Can't the season start today?

Well, the draft is over, meaning we now enter probably the most difficult and slow part of the offseason to get through. This is especially true for us Jets fans, since for the most part, the team is all set.

Sure, we might make one more splash and bring in Adalius Thomas. We can also talk about how we won't get Darren Sharper in late July when he becomes available via trade. We can also talk about (yawn) rookie mini-camp ("Joe McKnight dropped a pass, oh noes!").

Forget the season. Let's just get to training camp where real **** starts happening. Then Hard Knocks, then Preseason games, then the season is actually here before we know it. Once TC starts in August, it's officially football season. I think of it as similar to Spring Training.

Forget the season. Let's just get to training camp where real **** starts happening. Then Hard Knocks, then Preseason games, then the season is actually here before we know it. Once TC starts in August, it's officially football season. I think of it as similar to Spring Training.

But it's a l o o o o n g time till August. :(

3 months of nothing-ness. We may have a 3 day stretch in June where Sanchez comes back and throws in the Minicamp, which would be exciting to read up about/talk about it, but other than that we have a long, long 3 month stretch ahead until August 1st.

3 months of nothing-ness. We may have a 3 day stretch in June where Sanchez comes back and throws in the Minicamp, which would be exciting to read up about/talk about it, but other than that we have a long, long 3 month stretch ahead until August 1st.

Lets hope so.

Either way, I'll take the relaxed quiet weeks of late spring and early summer over a 5 interception loss to the Bills and a week of e-suicide.

we can alwways start another Vernon Gholston thread or debate who's better Chad err I mean Mark or Brady

Probably the thing I'm most greatful for in life is the fact that I haven't had to debate anything that involved the name Chad Pennington in almost 2 years.

One of the reasons I don't hate Brett Favre like many of you do. Think about all the positive change Brett Favre brought us.

Probably the thing I'm most greatful for in life is the fact that I haven't had to debate anything that involved the name Chad Pennington in almost 2 years.

One of the reasons I don't hate Brett Favre like many of you do. Think about all the positive change Brett Favre brought us.

wouldn't it be funny if Chad beats out Henne in TC down here? We all know that no one looks better against his own teammates during the summer than 'ol CP

I know! This is BS!!!! now I have to go to the beach and bask in the S FL sun all summer!

Mow the lawn, clean the gutters. Trim the bushes.... aggghhhh

I HATE THE OFFSEASON!!!!!! :)

A couple of slow news stories months coming up- hockey playoffs, Triple Crown races, baseball and World Cup to keep your interest.

This.

With the elongated post season we had, Winter Olympics, Early MLB season buzz, NBA/NHL post season and the World Cup coming up - the average Jets/sports fan has little to complain about when it comes to a long off season.

Oh and sprinkle in some big trades and FA signings, the draft, and the hardknocks announcement.

A couple of slow news stories months coming up- hockey playoffs, Triple Crown races, baseball and World Cup to keep your interest.

No interest in the Hockey playoffs or horse races, mild interest in baseball, but you're right about the World Cup. I am PUMPED for June 11th.

Archived