Power Rankings

Favorite_Toon

They have us 8th!! They have the chargers 3rd... what have they done this offseason to deserve thrid? cowboys ahead of us... were not number 1 or 2..or even 3... but were not 8th thats for sure...

http://espn.go.com/nfl/powerrankings?year=2010&week=0

It's amazing they keep doubting us. I think our team performs better with a chip on their shoulder so I'll take it.

There's been way too much Jets as Super Bowl favorites talk for me, anyway. I'll take 8th. Especially when the biggest knocks Mr. Mackey can come up with is the release of TJ and Faneca.

They still have the Jets as the top AFCe team and, more importantly, rank the fish properly at #22.

We're fine. Our OL and Revis made this team and they're still strong. The press doesn't want to report on Linemen...it's boring. So they're thinking this: If we trade for the Bolts' aging worn-out RB, we must suck. His decline in SD couldn't be possibly due to a softer line.

Another reason may be brown-nosing. The top 5 teams are domes or warm weather teams. Nobody who plays in the cold shows up until #6. Maybe Clayton's picks involve the local golf opportunities.

There's been way too much Jets as Super Bowl favorites talk for me, anyway. I'll take 8th. Especially when the biggest knocks Mr. Mackey can come up with is the release of TJ and Faneca.

They still have the Jets as the top AFCe team and, more importantly, rank the fish properly at #22.

Im with you. I would rather be in the teens as the underdog. We ain;t got no sperience as no damn front runner.

Not an unfair rank if it was done properly - in other words, a lot of weighting on the QB position were we have a second year QB not exactly coming off a phenominal rookie season.

That being said, I fully expect Mark to step up and kick a$$ this year. Expect a #1 ranking by October.

Forget the Jets spot, these whole rankings are garbage. Vikings third without knowing if Favre's coming back? And at one point do people stop ranking San Diego and Dallas as top-5 teams? Don't you think at some point they should be expected to oh, I don't know, win a playoff game? The Dolphins ranking at 22 did make me chuckle however.

They have us 8th!! They have the chargers 3rd... what have they done this offseason to deserve thrid? cowboys ahead of us... were not number 1 or 2..or even 3... but were not 8th thats for sure...

http://espn.go.com/nfl/powerrankings?year=2010&week=0

Not for nothing, but that is an awful lot of NFC teams in the top 10. Kinda of ridiculous if you ask me. Aside from the Saints, I don't think any of those NFC teams are better than the Colts, Ravens, Jets and Chargers (in that order).

If it were College football or American Idol or a Presidential Election, I'd be worried, but since the games are played on the field and the actual scores are set in concrete (in four months no less!) these rankings are nothing more than masturbatory exercises to get us through to September. On the heels of all this "the (fill in the blank) had an AMAZING draft" talk it becomes apparent that people (i.e. John Clayton, etc.) need to be employed all year round.

That said, yeah, I have no idea how the Chargers are better than the Jets. This is going to be a long four months.

Nobody else thought this was hilarious?...

Tom Brady is the sheriff in this division, but the gap is closing. The roster is getting younger, but the Pats could still use a pass-rusher. (Clayton)

Also, I dont get why everyone is all shocked that we arent SB favorites. We were 9-7 last year, we didnt win our division, we had a nice playoff run, but we were a very up and down team outside of the playoff run.

Just because you make a big wave in FA doesnt equate to victories...see the Redskins.

Plus, it all rides on Mark Sanchez and I'm not ready to crown him our savior just yet. I'm very excited about this team and think we will be very good, but I'm not convinced of anything and I understand why were placed where we were in this ranking.

Also, I dont get why everyone is all shocked that we arent SB favorites. We were 9-7 last year, we didnt win our division, we had a nice playoff run, but we were a very up and down team outside of the playoff run.

Just because you make a big wave in FA doesnt equate to victories...see the Redskins.

Plus, it all rides on Mark Sanchez and I'm not ready to crown him our savior just yet. I'm very excited about this team and think we will be very good, but I'm not convinced of anything and I understand why were placed where we were in this ranking.

THE PIG IS RIPE FOR THE SLAUGHTER!!!!!

I agree with all of this, but it still doesn't mean these rankings aren't crap. The Vikings without Favre don't deserve #3 and the Chargers and Cowboys don't deserve any credit at all until either team proves it is capable of winning games when it counts most.

I agree with all of this, but it still doesn't mean these rankings aren't crap. The Vikings without Favre don't deserve #3 and the Chargers and Cowboys don't deserve any credit at all until either team proves it is capable of winning games when it counts most.

Agreed. Power Ranking are pure doodoo, especially right now. My point was more addressing the shock value in Jets fans that we arent hands down favorite to be the next super dynasty.

Agreed. Power Ranking are pure doodoo, especially right now. My point was more addressing the shock value in Jets fans that we arent hands down favorite to be the next super dynasty.

Yeah, as great as the playoff run was I'm not really sure what makes people think two good games (albeit very important games) should erase a season's worth of inconsistencies. I'm very optimistic about this team this year, but the fact remains they didn't win the division and barely made the playoffs last season. If Sanchez plays this year like he did at the end of last year, can the Jets be one of the best teams in the league? Absolutely, but that has not been proven yet.

Archived