Will Gholston Have a Productive Season at DE?

TNJet

Other people have pointed out the Taylor miss, but why are you predicting an injury to Harris. That sucks.

He could also not get injured. That'd be nice. I just think injuries happen, and in the LB corps he's the one who's been injured.

I honestly been trying to avoid this thread, but I can't help it anymore. Why is everyone getting their hopes up again. Vernon Gholston is one of the worst players in NFL history. I can't wait until this clown is off this team. I really can't.

What is productive for VG? If he turns into Bryan Thomas and has a decent year that looks like a breakout year when he's in a salary drive?

This guy was drafted and paid big money to create choas and be accounted for. He is a bust but that doesn't mean he can't be a productive rotational DE.

He can be both productive and a bust. Right now he is just a bust.

if vernon davis can go from bust to Pro Bowl in a year, vernon gholston can do the same. some guys with rare size/speed ratios bust, and some become great... the jury is still out on VG, believe it or not. This is his make or break season.

if vernon davis can go from bust to Pro Bowl in a year, vernon gholston can do the same. some guys with rare size/speed ratios bust, and some become great... the jury is still out on VG, believe it or not. This is his make or break season.

Don't like this analogy. VD has had numerous inexperienced and outright bad QB since the day he arrived in the NFL. VG doesn't have the lack of support as an excuse that VD does. He has been surrounded by above average talent and coaching since he got here.

Don't like this analogy. VD has had numerous inexperienced and outright bad QB since the day he arrived in the NFL. VG doesn't have the lack of support as an excuse that VD does. He has been surrounded by above average talent and coaching since he got here.

hugh douglas was asked in an interview how long it took him to be comfortable playing DE in the NFL. He said 5 years. If memory serves he was only with the Jets for 3 or 4.

Sometimes 21 year olds take time to get the speed of the game... especially defensive linemen, most need to mature.

not saying it's probable... but it's not impossible either

hugh douglas was asked in an interview how long it took him to be comfortable playing DE in the NFL. He said 5 years. If memory serves he was only with the Jets for 3 or 4.

Sometimes 21 year olds take time to get the speed of the game... especially defensive linemen, most need to mature.

Does not compute.

He could also not get injured. That'd be nice. I just think injuries happen, and in the LB corps he's the one who's been injured.

Dont like. If he gets injured, its all your fault poophead.

This I can agree with...I highly doubt Gholston is anything more than a bust, but its not impossible for him to make a career in the NFL. Just highly unlikely.

Douglas had 10 sacks 25 tackle and 8 assists in his rookie year.

I just want to say that I switched Gholston to DE in Madden and he was a beast.

With all of the teams going back and forth between 4-3 and 3-4 you'd think they'd have figured out a way to fix that by now.

I think Gholston turns his whole career around and becomes a top 3-4 pressure de. You guys clearly said the only thing hes good at his bullrushing. WELL...guess what a 3-4 de does 99.9 percent of the time?

He's not good at bullrushing. Just because that's all he does doesn't make him good at it.

Archived