Why did the "Tuna" get a pass for this...

ToonTime

I was wondering this from the time the phags got Marshall, hes an awesome talent, but not enough to ignore all of his troubles. Sh!t, we got Holmes and we were crucified for it..

Bill Parcells is getting a free pass. That's my conclusion on the heels of Brandon Marshall's recent hip surgery. His right hip, mind you, not the one operated on last offseason.

The outcry over trading for damaged goods would be ruthless if the Dolphins franchise were run by a lesser accomplished football man and not the Big Tuna. If the Oakland Raiders or Detroit Lions had traded two second-round picks and given a $50 million contract to Marshall, they would be getting torched on a national level. But not Parcells.

His track record speaks for itself, and it is among the most impressive r

because if you were down here listening to sports talk radio coming out of Miami you'd know he HAD to make this deal. The fans and every host were screaming "WHY HAVEN'T THEY SIGNED MARSHALL YET????!!!" Especially since every move the Jets were making to improve this team and after Santonio for a frickin' 5th rounder they had to do SOMETHING.

because if you were down here listening to sports talk radio coming out of Miami you'd know he HAD to make this deal. The fans and every host were screaming "WHY HAVEN'T THEY SIGNED MARSHALL YET????!!!" Especially since every move the Jets were making to improve this team and after Santonio for a frickin' 5th rounder they had to do SOMETHING.

And yet that idiot Peter king has them ranked ahead of us. :confused0058:

+1 plus a lot of the fan base isn't happy with the way the whole Dez Bryant situation went down and how they've treated some of their vets.

I wonder if Tuna was pressured into bringing Marshall in by ownership

J-Lo and Gloria verbally berating Tuna for not doing enough...yeah, I can see it! :Nuts:

if tanny traded 2 2nd rounders for BM and signed him for 50 mil... and then it comes out there was a surprise hip surgery... he'd be getting roasted and toasted in the media.

...and Fatcessa would be leading the charge with guns blazing. Oddly quiet when it's his bff though.

Parcells is the most overrated HC/GM in football. As a GM only, he has to rank near the bottom.

He's never won without Belichek (the cheater) as his DC. He uses slash and burn tactics when he "unretires" and takes over a new franchise, which usually has just had a pathetic season and when that team gets back to .500 level the next season the sports world applauds.

The reality is that he can get a team to play @ .500 ball and that's all. When was the last time he had a team that was a legitimate contender to win a SB?

I hope Jason Taylor gets his revenge against bitch t!ts Parcells, knocks Henne out for the season and the Phins have to play Pennington.

Even w/o injuries the Phins will finish this year with a max of six wins and then Parcells will pull his disappearing act and escape without being criticized by the media.

Parcells is a "meat and pototoes" kind a guy. Loves the big planet players on the O/D-line. Did anyone ever notice he runs into problems every time he has a drama queen WR. The Giants were his best work exactly because the WR were a bunch of working class Joes...McConkey, Baker, Ingram. Plus a lot of passes to the TE. Every time his team acquires a Diva WR he gets into trouble and eventually leaves.

NE: Terry Glenn

NYJ: Keyshawn Johnson

Dallas: TO

Mia: Brandon Marshall

For whatever reason...the karma of Tuna and Diva = Adios

Fatcells was feeling the pressure to do something. See the Pats strong and the Jets LOADING UP, Fatcells got scurd and forced the issue.

I think this was Jeff Ireland all the way forcing the issue because of fans and media's criticism of inaction

Parcells is the most overrated HC/GM in football. As a GM only, he has to rank near the bottom.

He's never won without Belichek (the cheater) as his DC. He uses slash and burn tactics when he "unretires" and takes over a new franchise, which usually has just had a pathetic season and when that team gets back to .500 level the next season the sports world applauds.

The reality is that he can get a team to play @ .500 ball and that's all. When was the last time he had a team that was a legitimate contender to win a SB?

I hope Jason Taylor gets his revenge against bitch t!ts Parcells, knocks Henne out for the season and the Phins have to play Pennington.

Even w/o injuries the Phins will finish this year with a max of six wins and then Parcells will pull his disappearing act and escape without he being criticized by the media.

Although I think Parcells is a good HC (he did a good job in Dallas IMO) you are spot on with him as a GM. He has never impressed me in this role, and has proven to be a quitter. There's no doubt this is his last year with the Phags, and he will retire for the 600th time. Then he'll come back to "rescue" the next 1-15 team to mediocrity.

Although I think Parcells is a good HC (he did a good job in Dallas IMO) you are spot on with him as a GM. He has never impressed me in this role, and has proven to be a quitter. There's no doubt this is his last year with the Phags, and he will retire for the 600th time. Then he'll come back to "rescue" the next 1-15 team to mediocrity.

and he's not the best draft guy we've ever seen-with the exception of the 4 1st rounders in 2000 it's been pretty meh

I was wondering this from the time the phags got Marshall, hes an awesome talent, but not enough to ignore all of his troubles. Sh!t, we got Holmes and we were crucified for it..

Just wondering, who crucified the Jets for getting Holmes - Phag and Cheaters fans? Everything I've ever read said the Jets got a steal and that it was a low risk, high reward move. Anyone that says this was a bad move doesn't have a clue what they are talking about.

and he's not the best draft guy we've ever seen-with the exception of the 4 1st rounders in 2000 it's been pretty meh

Very true. I can't remember who came out of that draft class, but I can't help but to feel that we should have gotten a little bit more than we did considering he had 4 firsts. The biggest blunder and blemish on his record was not getting Peyton Manning when he had the chance to.

Rnd Name College Note

1 Shaun Ellis Tennessee

1 John Abraham South Carolina

1 Chad Pennington Marshall

1 Anthony Becht West Virginia

3 Laveranues Coles Florida State

5 Windrell Hayes USC

6 Tony Scott North Carolina State

7 Richard Seals Utah

Rnd Name College Note

2 Randy Thomas Mississippi State

3 David Loverne San Jose State

4 Jason Wiltz Nebraska

5 Jermaine Jones Northwest Louisiana

6 Marc Megna Richmond

6 J.P. Machado Illinois

7 Ryan Young Kansas State

7 J.J. Syvrud Jamestown

Rnd Name College Note

2 Dorian Boose Washington State

3 Scott Frost Nebraska

3 Kevin Williams Oklahoma State

4 Jason Fabini Cincinnati

5 Casey Dailey Northwestern

5 Doug Karczewski Virginia

5 Blake Spence Oregon

5 Eric Bateman Brigham Young

6 Eric Ogbogu Maryland

6 Chris Brazzell Angelo State

6 Dustin Johnson Brigham Young

7 Lawrence Hart Southern

Rnd Name College Note

1 James Farrior Virginia

2 Rick Terry North Carolina

3 Dedric Ward Northern Iowa

4 Terry Day Mississippi State

4 Leon Johnson North Carolina

5 Lamont Burns East Carolina

5 Raymond Austin Tennessee

6 Tim Scharf Northwestern

6 Chuck Clements Houston

7 Steve Rosga Colorado

7 Jason Ferguson Georgia

I agree with the posters who feel this was a fan base/ owner pressure signing. I would also add that Ireland probably wanted it since he views WRs more valuably than Parcells IMO. Giving away two second rounders for a WR even if he is top 5 goes against Parcells tendencies. The fact that Miami needed a playmaker at the position probably helped immensely though in Parcells giving his approval even if left to his own devices he would have passed

I'd say he hit on about 1 out of every 3 picks while he was here-very Belichick-ian %

Looks even worse. The best picks for the Jets on that list are Ellis, Penny, Johnson, and Abe. Farrior was the best pick overall, but saw his best years after leaving. To think that Fat Boy could have had Peyton instead of a guy who played his best ball after leaving the team (was it only 3 years?). That really burns me up.

Looks even worse. The best picks for the Jets on that list are Ellis, Penny, Johnson, and Abe. Farrior was the nest pick overall, but saw his best years after leaving. To think that Fat Boy could have had Peyton instead of a guy who played his best ball after leaving the team (was it only 3 years?). That really burns me up.

yea James Farrior sucked as a Jet and when he finally DID put up OK numbers he splits the next season

Archived