New York Jets fan based question...

NIGHT STALKER

Of the two teams from New York below, who do you dispise the most?

Giants

Yankees

For me, I have to go with the Giants...been a Yankees fan long before the Jets came along. To give you and idea of how freaking old I am, I have been around for 16 of the 27 WS championships of the Yanks...keeps me sane from the drought of our '69 Jets.

After moving to Florida I don't despise any NY teams-that stuff kind of went away after we did

Agreed. I grew up on Long Island (Suffolk) in the 80's and rooted for the Mets, Jets, Islanders and Knicks. As an adult, I have moved around a lot... and I never really have an issue seeing any of the "home" teams do well. There certainly is no "hate" for me.

In addition, my moving around has opened the door to a lot of great memories with my girlfriend that include the Red Sox, Bruins, Cubs, Bears and of course the Colts.

I think the only thing I hate in all of sports is how degenerative the stupid Yankees/Red Sox rivalry is. It is billed as the best rivalry in sports, but in the end... I love the game of baseball, and love to see it enjoyed by kids... and that rivalry has reached a point where children are no longer the focal point... instead its a bunch of insecure a-holes that just don't know how to act right. Which is why I prefer minor league baseball now...

Anyway sorry... tangent.

Giants

Yankees

For me, I have to go with the Giants...been a Yankees fan long before the Jets came along. To give you and idea of how freaking old I am, I have been around for 16 of the 27 WS championships of the Yanks...keeps me sane from the drought of our '69 Jets.

Were you a Giants fan before the Jets came along? What made you become a Jets fan?? Just curious.

Even growing up in NY the only team I cared for was the Jets. I liked the Knicks and Islanders for a short time, but then could care less.

Easily the most hated team was the Giants.

And - who cares about Baseball? National pastime my a$$.

Giants

Yankees

For me it's easy... The Skankees

Were you a Giants fan before the Jets came along? What made you become a Jets fan?? Just curious.

You got it...I can tell you exactly when. When the Jets drafted Namath, my fiiends and I were just taken in my all the fan fare...Giants were sucking and here's this guy with girls on each arm...a bunch of youg guys like myself converted and the rest was history...never once have I ever wish I hadn't switched and neither have my friends.

The only problem was, I missed the best Jets season ever (Vietnam) and I've been waiting ever since.

You got it...I can tell you exactly when. When the Jets drafted Namath, my fiiends and I were just taken in my all the fan fare...Giants were sucking and here's this guy with girls on each arm...a bunch of youg guys like myself converted and the rest was history...never once have I ever wish I hadn't switched and neither have my friends.

The only problem was, I missed the best Jets season ever (Vietnam) and I've been waiting ever since.

I think you're over due for a SB celebration. I think next February would be an excellent time to do so SIR. ;)

I don't hate any of the NY teams and don't know anyone who does. I think playing in different leagues and conferences keeps the hate down.

Don't know much about hockey but I think the NY hockey fans hate each other.

Yes Hockey fans do hate each other I am a die hard Rangers Fan (also a Mets fan) and I would rather either the Yankees or Giants do well before either the Devils and Islanders, you got to understand that these are REAL rivalries they play in the same division and play each other 6 times a year, when the Islanders get better there is no better Rivalry between NY teams then the Rangers and Islanders.

I personally don't hate any team from NY. I don't root for the Giants, but I don't root against them. The only problem I have with them is their fans (95% of my friends). Whenever I talk football with them, it always ends up in a heated argument and its 10 on 1 because I'm the only Jets fan around. What annoys me the most is that they are fair-weather fans and only like them because they just won the superbowl a couple years ago and they just want something to watch in the Fall.

To be compltely honest, I don't know why you guys view the Giants as a rival or a team to hate. They aren't in our division nor are they in our conference.

That's the way I feel. In fact the GF roots for the Giants since her Bills haven't made the playoffs THIS CENTURY. :P

Archived