PREDATOR Mafia Game Thread

DPR

Good question, but I think it has to be flavor. It mentions that the rebel team is "twice the size of ours", but I can't tell from the context what "ours" is. Is it just Dan, Vic, and Bleedin, or the whole soldier team.

I think it's for flavor? My opinion is that the band of rebels will randomly kill someone if we dont' choose ourselves.

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I think it's for flavor? My opinion is that the band of rebels will randomly kill someone if we dont' choose ourselves.

That's a cool way of looking at it. DPR was using that as a literary device for the game. I didn't think about that.

Seems odd that you both seem so accepting of it as flavor.

There might be multiple teams and if so i'd find going after shutout a bit more sketchier if that were the case. If i shot at shutout and it failed i'd want to get him dead somehow in case he's something valuable.

Well, I am assuming it's flavor due to the idea of rebel forces being "twice the size" of our team. That's kind of what made me think it's flavor.

There might be multiple teams and if so i'd find going after shutout a bit more sketchier if that were the case. If i shot at shutout and it failed i'd want to get him dead somehow in case he's something valuable.

I phrased my post as an assumption that I am questioning and encouraging feedback on... I have not reached, and likely will not reach a conclusion on it.

So I hope you are not insinuating that I am one of "you both."

Right now Smash has been sketchy but some people are pushing a little bit harder than what i feel is natural as town. I.e agenda is being expressed on a few people.

Brett i feel neutral on so far. What exactly is the reason people think it's him?

There are a few people that are standing out to me but i want to see if they continue they way that they are.

Wouldn't this be a good way to explain someone dying if we can't come to a conclusion? Remember he said a couple days back that anything that WAS NOT flavor would be bolded and underlined. The purpose of that post was for him to let us know a deadline is about to be placed on us if we don't hurry up, not the rebel group.

Brett, I said you were playing weird, not weird for you because I don't know how you normally play, just that what you were posting and how it read to me felt weird, off, obtuse, nonsensical, and whatever other synonym you can think of.

Pac and I share the same name, I don't know whether that is a good thing or a bad thing.

Brett, I said you were playing weird, not weird for you because I don't know how you normally play, just that what you were posting and how it read to me felt weird, off, obtuse, nonsensical, and whatever other synonym you can think of.

Pac and I share the same name, I don't know whether that is a good thing or a bad thing.

What did I say that made you feel that way?

I think a brett or smash lynch will get this game moving.. I'll vote for either but would prefer brett atm..

Im surprised. Thats really surprising. Did I say how surprised I was?!

Every game I haven played, except for Avatar where we used Alts, you have wanted me lynched on D1.

I don't know what it is, but its time for you to get a new agenda.

Every game I haven played, except for Avatar where we used Alts, you have wanted me lynched on D1.

He wants you to be the new Pac. Be afraid....very afraid.

Humidity sticks to your skin and clothing so that you can't tell the difference between the air and your sweat. Thunder rumbles above as a storm builds, and just as you look up, a light rain begins to fall.

Dan smacks the computer screen in front of her.

"Damn thing is annoying, and the rain isn't helping." She continues to adjust the screen.

Bleedin slouches into a comfortable stance, cradling his AK-47, never letting the barrel lower from the trees.

"Why keep that old antique?" Vic smiles, cradling his state of the art, rail lined assault rifle.

Bleedin just smiles. "This baby has seen me through more sh*t than I care to remember. And she never let me down. I think I'll stick with her."

They smile. But not for long.

"OH F**K!" Dan almost jumps as the satellite image on the screen flickers into view. "They're almost on top of us!"

The entire team drops into a defensive stance, barrels pointed up.

"Not the Predators! There are bands of rebels moving through here...and it looks like a team twice the size of ours is about 5 clicks East. We've got to move, and we don't have much time!"

No one stops to question her. Packs are slung, and everybody is moving...

TIME IS RUNNING OUT. A DEADLINE WILL BE ANNOUNCED IF A LYNCH CANNOT BE REACHED.

IF A LYNCH IS NOT MET BY THE DEADLINE, A RANDOM PLAYER WILL BE CHOSEN TO DIE.

A "NO LYNCH" VOTE IS NOT ALLOWED IN THIS GAME.

I don't know about the rest of you, but this jumped out at me. Could just be flavor, I suppose. The wording seems more ominous than what we've seen so far.

Wouldn't this be a good way to explain someone dying if we can't come to a conclusion? Remember he said a couple days back that anything that WAS NOT flavor would be bolded and underlined. The purpose of that post was for him to let us know a deadline is about to be placed on us if we don't hurry up, not the rebel group.

I think I missed that announcement...... I'll go back and look for it.

What did I say that made you feel that way?

I'd rather not drudge through pages of posts so I am going to summarize it for you.

1. You are posting radical and off the hinges, IMO you are either playing like a bad townie or an even worse scum.

2. Theorizing is always good, but when it becomes spam and smoke and mirrors then that's when it is bad. Your theorizing posts appear to do the latter

3. You are in a major rush and no deadline has been announced, I know we shouldn't sit on our a**es but we shouldn't rush someone to the gallows just yet.

I'd rather not drudge through pages of posts so I am going to summarize it for you.

1. You are posting radical and off the hinges, IMO you are either playing like a bad townie or an even worse scum.

2. Theorizing is always good, but when it becomes spam and smoke and mirrors then that's when it is bad. Your theorizing posts appear to do the latter

3. You are in a major rush and no deadline has been announced, I know we shouldn't sit on our a**es but we shouldn't rush someone to the gallows just yet.

This post makes me wow.

A) Im posting radical and off the hinges? What are you talking about?

2) Where am I spamming theories? Or where are they smoke and mirrors? What are you talking about?

Being to lazy to come up with a coherent argument is whats scummy, or stupid. Right now I'm just leaning towards stupid.

And I'm in a rush? No, I just don't want 3000 posts on D1. Hell we are at 800 posts and YOU ARE ALREADY TO LAZY TO GO BACK THROUGH THEM

this

I read through this once and I am not doing it again.

And yes you are posting radical, and frantic, that might be better phrasing then off the hinges.

You justified a vote on Smash so we could move the game along, and you aren't in a rush, no, how could anyone think that?

I'm not to lazy to read through the game, I just value my sanity and obscenely good mood I am in now. :P

For someone who doesn't want a lot of posts, you sure seem to post often enough.

That's BS and again an exxagerration. Your first game I didnt' want to lynch D1 under the noobs rule, last game you we're actually scum so I was right, and now you made a very questionable play. Grow up

Just an idea, if you don't like wading through posts. Anything that catches my attention goes in my notes (with my comments on it) and I pull it out later if I want to post it.

And, Hess, thank you so much for those Pat Benatar lyrics two days ago. That song is STILL stuck in my head! :P Love ya anyway! :love0040:

And yes you are posting radical, and frantic, that might be better phrasing then off the hinges.

You justified a vote on Smash so we could move the game along, and you aren't in a rush, no, how could anyone think that?

I'm not to lazy to read through the game, I just value my sanity and obscenely good mood I am in now. :P

For someone who doesn't want a lot of posts, you sure seem to post often enough.

Only one thing could do that. Ultrasound day, Daddy?

I post alot? I current have the 11th most posts out of 22 posters.. and am a little less than a third of the posts of the leading poster.

I am still waiting to see a radical and frantic post.

I post alot? I current have the 11th most posts out of 22 posters.. and am a little less than a third of the posts of the leading poster.

I am still waiting to see a radical and frantic post.

Um....... your last three or four?

Just an idea, if you don't like wading through posts. Anything that catches my attention goes in my notes (with my comments on it) and I pull it out later if I want to post it.

And, Hess, thank you so much for those Pat Benatar lyrics two days ago. That song is STILL stuck in my head! :P Love ya anyway! :love0040:

You take notes?

Wow... could you imagine how much awesomer I'd be at this if I did that too???!!!???

I understood as yes, it's us, we're running from the rebel group. And perhaps for the way DPR is doing it that if the deadline isn't reached, we would "engage" the rebel group and one of us would be MK'd.

But I agree, it's more or less a "Get your asses in gear" type of post.

In response to the ignorant points your brother is making.

He said I was frantic and out of control before all that. So i'm curious.

I don't think you are any of those things... I think you are self-important, but not frantic and out-of-control.

In response to the ignorant points your brother is making.

He said I was frantic and out of control before all that. So i'm curious.

Brett, it's called putting pressure on someone to see how they react. Your reaction was....... fascinating.

This brother-sister team up against Brett is intriguing by the way... I already felt FOS for Lily, now I wonder what the odds of the siblings both ending up on the scum team are...?

What I find intriguing is Lily now trying to make his arguments for him since he wasn't able to make them himself.

Its possible that they could both be scum but I really doubt it. Really don't like that dynamic however.

Archived