PREDATOR Mafia Game Thread

DPR

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Smashmouth finally shows up right in time to respond to DPR's most recent activity...? At 1:00am no less?

Nobody else thinks this is odd? I don't usually pay attention too much to timing... but....

Yeah DPR phoned me at 12:55 am to get up and post so I did. What does posting at 1am have to do with anything ?

Those of you voting me due to "Different Play" should ask yourselves.... If he was scum, would he be trying to attract so much attention to himself ?

I knew I would get votes for this but hey Im entitled to play differently once in a while.

Now that we have a couple of cases going, I wanted to chime in with my thoughts on them since we've now got something to work with. The first thing I find interesting is that our main two competing trains are opposite sides of the same issue, which is certainly a little odd. We've got one set of votes for smash's weird play and another set for brett's comments about it. Now granted, I understand that the difference has something to do with brett's comments coming before the last visit we got from smash, but still interesting nonetheless.

While I get the original point against brett (how can you judge strange play with almost no posts to base it on?), I'm actually leaning innocent on him for the time being. I think I kind of get what his point was to an extent, but more than that is actually his insistence on such a simple point. I feel like if scum, it was a slight enough issue that once questioned he could have just brushed it aside, chalked it up to smash's lack of activity and moved on. Instead he's put himself in the crosshairs by refusing to back down which could just be stubbornness, but it just seems a unnecessary risk for scum to take over something so meaningless.

Smash on the other hand is really an enigma to me. It doesn't make sense for him to be post restricted because it's obviously not a silence and there isn't any sort of consistency to what's going on, but I almost feel like he's trying to make us think that he is. Plus the comments he does make are just so peculiar and really anything but helpful. I just don't even know what to take from it anymore, but he certainly gives me a worse vibe of the two at this point. With little else to go on I'd like to press the issue a little further and see what, if anything, we hear from him.

Vote: Smash

Explain peculiar in this particular game Bleedin. You seem like your trying to get the train rollin, yet your case is limited to "differnt style of play" on my part. Thats a weak arguement.

Yeah DPR phoned me at 12:55 am to get up and post so I did. What does posting at 1am have to do with anything ?

Given your disparity of contributions to the game, I found it odd that you would suddenly decide to drop a couple posts on us at an odd hour... that coincided with MOD activity.

The fact that you need me to explain that = shady.

Given your disparity of contributions to the game, I found it odd that you would suddenly decide to drop a couple posts on us at an odd hour... that coincided with MOD activity.

The fact that you need me to explain that = shady.

Im playing a Game called Mortal Online its a MMO sandbox game and I run a guild of 35 people. Ive been busy with that and alot of potlitical discussion with other guilds in the game.

I have been online for many hours and I have not had the time to post at my usual rate. However, I am reading the game and I find day one to be ridiculous at times with alot of fluff talk that adds nothing to the game at all. If something strikes me as scummy or potentially scummy youll be sure to hear from me. That should explain my time and the times of my posts. :)

Im playing a Game called Mortal Online its a MMO sandbox game and I run a guild of 35 people. Ive been busy with that and alot of potlitical discussion with other guilds in the game.

I have been online for many hours and I have not had the time to post at my usual rate. However, I am reading the game and I find day one to be ridiculous at times with alot of fluff talk that adds nothing to the game at all. If something strikes me as scummy or potentially scummy youll be sure to hear from me. That should explain my time and the times of my posts. :)

What's your handle.

So essentially you're saying you're too busy playing another game and you'd much rather play that game until this one is deemed important enough by yourself?

Explain peculiar in this particular game Bleedin. You seem like your trying to get the train rollin, yet your case is limited to "differnt style of play" on my part. Thats a weak arguement.

It's not that the play style is different, it's nonsensical. You're completely absent for the vast majority of the first few days of the game and then when you finally show up, you make these strange ominous comments while contributing little to nothing. You've repeated that there's nothing to work with but the info from DPR and votes, yet contributed to discussion on neither. I don't know what it means, but it doesn't make a damn bit of sense to me. The fact that your sudden reappearance after days gone coincided with discussion turning to you doesn't make me feel any better. It's certainly not any sort of foolproof argument, but it's day one and the best I see for now.

Oh, well in that case... how dare I, and just about everyone else in this game, question you about anything... in this game.

So essentially you're saying you're too busy playing another game and you'd much rather play that game until this one is deemed important enough by yourself?

So that explains what better things smashmouth has to do, other than contribute to this game... what about the other 15 or so people coasting along?

Why don;t you wait till he gets back and ask I28 for yourself.

Other than half funny one-liners... you haven't paid attention to anyone but me in this game.

Care to share your thoughts on everything we've seen so far?

It's not that the play style is different, it's nonsensical. You're completely absent for the vast majority of the first few days of the game and then when you finally show up, you make these strange ominous comments while contributing little to nothing. You've repeated that there's nothing to work with but the info from DPR and votes, yet contributed to discussion on neither. I don't know what it means, but it doesn't make a damn bit of sense to me. The fact that your sudden reappearance after days gone coincided with discussion turning to you doesn't make me feel any better. It's certainly not any sort of foolproof argument, but it's day one and the best I see for now.

I asked you to give examples of these so called "strange" comments, yet you keep rambling on. You seem to be a bit pushy to get this train going IMHO. I also plainly stated I was paying attention to the game which you also seem to skip by in your last post.

If you feel Im scummy Bleedin Im fine with your vote, its just your case that sucks ATM but if you say its all you have to go on then have at it. You guys wanted to push a bit so I would get active in game, and you Succeeded, so what more would you like me to do.

Vic actully Im having a great time Playing Mortal Online. I beta tested it for months, and most of the people in my guild have been waiting for this game to launch for years including myself. So yes Im putting in alot of time :) .

I asked you to give examples of these so called "strange" comments, yet you keep rambling on. You seem to be a bit pushy to get this train going IMHO. I also plainly stated I was paying attention to the game which you also seem to skip by in your last post.

If you feel Im scummy Bleedin Im fine with your vote, its just your case that sucks ATM but if you say its all you have to go on then have at it. You guys wanted to push a bit so I would get active in game, and you Succeeded, so what more would you like me to do.

Vic actully Im having a great time Playing Mortal Online. I beta tested it for months, and most of the people in my guild have been waiting for this game to launch for years including myself. So yes Im putting in alot of time :) .

It's cool bro, I get it. And honestly if you're enjoying, go enjoy it and see if the mod can replace you.

I think it's way everygame though, but this day has been especially quiet.

I agree. It's almost like an alt game.

I wonder if people are sitting back waiting to see what is going to happen next with DPR's day scenes?

Fixed. Adella is on Brett.

In this post, you quoted SMC and added Adella's name to Brett's list of votes.

Current Vote Count:

Slats (1) - Hess

CTM (1) - Pac

Smash (5) - Vic, JiF, Brett, AVM, BG

Brett (4) - CTM, Crush, Runin, Lily

SMC (2) - Slats, I28

Lily (2) - Dan, JVoR

Shutout (1) - SMC

With 22 players, it takes 12 to lynch

In this post, you left Adella off again.

:D

I agree. It's almost like an alt game.

I wonder if people are sitting back waiting to see what is going to happen next with DPR's day scenes?

I think it has to do with the sheer size of the game. That and maybe we're barking up the wrong trees. In the alt game, scum stayed pretty hidden and let the town do the work for them.

Is this serious? How am I being pushy? I mentioned in one post my thoughts on the two trains going on, said I liked yours better and cast a vote. You directed questions at me and I responded to them. Next time should I just ignore you?

But yeah, I wanted to push and here you are. I just find it odd how defensive you've gotten towards me over what I admitted was a fairly weak case that I've commented on a grand total of two times. That's the only thing that's really kept my interest about you now that you're back. Other than that, there's little else to go on so I felt in no rush to change my vote.

Humidity sticks to your skin and clothing so that you can't tell the difference between the air and your sweat. Thunder rumbles above as a storm builds, and just as you look up, a light rain begins to fall.

Dan smacks the computer screen in front of her.

"Damn thing is annoying, and the rain isn't helping." She continues to adjust the screen.

Bleedin slouches into a comfortable stance, cradling his AK-47, never letting the barrel lower from the trees.

"Why keep that old antique?" Vic smiles, cradling his state of the art, rail lined assault rifle.

Bleedin just smiles. "This baby has seen me through more sh*t than I care to remember. And she never let me down. I think I'll stick with her."

They smile. But not for long.

"OH F**K!" Dan almost jumps as the satellite image on the screen flickers into view. "They're almost on top of us!"

The entire team drops into a defensive stance, barrels pointed up.

"Not the Predators! There are bands of rebels moving through here...and it looks like a team twice the size of ours is about 5 clicks East. We've got to move, and we don't have much time!"

No one stops to question her. Packs are slung, and everybody is moving...

TIME IS RUNNING OUT. A DEADLINE WILL BE ANNOUNCED IF A LYNCH CANNOT BE REACHED.

IF A LYNCH IS NOT MET BY THE DEADLINE, A RANDOM PLAYER WILL BE CHOSEN TO DIE.

A "NO LYNCH" VOTE IS NOT ALLOWED IN THIS GAME.

In this post, you quoted SMC and added Adella's name to Brett's list of votes.

In this post, you left Adella off again.

:D

I'm copying and pasting - fixed.

Current Vote Count:

Slats (1) - Hess

CTM (1) - Pac

Smash (5) - Vic, JiF, Brett, AVM, BG

Brett (5) - CTM, Crush, Runin, Lily, Adella

SMC (2) - Slats, I28

Lily (2) - Dan, JVoR

Shutout (1) - SMC

With 22 players, it takes 12 to lynch

Is this serious? How am I being pushy? I mentioned in one post my thoughts on the two trains going on, said I liked yours better and cast a vote. You directed questions at me and I responded to them. Next time should I just ignore you?

But yeah, I wanted to push and here you are. I just find it odd how defensive you've gotten towards me over what I admitted was a fairly weak case that I've commented on a grand total of two times. That's the only thing that's really kept my interest about you now that you're back. Other than that, there's little else to go on so I felt in no rush to change my vote.

Bleedin cool out man all I asked you to do was post my so called "strange" comments which you still have yet to produce. You made the claim and Im basicly asking you why ? I understand you just pushing me for inactivity but making up strange post comments that I do not understand.

Humidity sticks to your skin and clothing so that you can't tell the difference between the air and your sweat. Thunder rumbles above as a storm builds, and just as you look up, a light rain begins to fall.

Dan smacks the computer screen in front of her.

"Damn thing is annoying, and the rain isn't helping." She continues to adjust the screen.

Bleedin slouches into a comfortable stance, cradling his AK-47, never letting the barrel lower from the trees.

"Why keep that old antique?" Vic smiles, cradling his state of the art, rail lined assault rifle.

Bleedin just smiles. "This baby has seen me through more sh*t than I care to remember. And she never let me down. I think I'll stick with her."

They smile. But not for long.

"OH F**K!" Dan almost jumps as the satellite image on the screen flickers into view. "They're almost on top of us!"

The entire team drops into a defensive stance, barrels pointed up.

"Not the Predators! There are bands of rebels moving through here...and it looks like a team twice the size of ours is about 5 clicks East. We've got to move, and we don't have much time!"

No one stops to question her. Packs are slung, and everybody is moving...

TIME IS RUNNING OUT. A DEADLINE WILL BE ANNOUNCED IF A LYNCH CANNOT BE REACHED.

IF A LYNCH IS NOT MET BY THE DEADLINE, A RANDOM PLAYER WILL BE CHOSEN TO DIE.

A "NO LYNCH" VOTE IS NOT ALLOWED IN THIS GAME.

I am assuming "rebels" is flavor for DPR doing the dirty work? Its not likely that there are 3 teams: Soldiers, Predators, Rebels, is it?

Bleedin cool out man all I asked you to do was post my so called "strange" comments which you still have yet to produce. You made the claim and Im basicly asking you why ? I understand you just pushing me for inactivity but making up strange post comments that I do not understand.

Its funny when people cop an attitude, then get attitude right back... then get all like "cool out man."

LOL

I am assuming "rebels" is flavor for DPR doing the dirty work? Its not likely that there are 3 teams: Soldiers, Predators, Rebels, is it?

Good question, but I think it has to be flavor. It mentions that the rebel team is "twice the size of ours", but I can't tell from the context what "ours" is. Is it just Dan, Vic, and Bleedin, or the whole soldier team.

Archived