PREDATOR Mafia Game Thread

DPR

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I hate you all for all of the catching up I have to do right now. And I'm far too tired to be doing it.

As an aside, I figured I'd throw this out here since I know at least a handful of people here would appreciate it: last night I went out and was meeting up with bunch of people from this charity kickball team thing. So we're talking, drinking and whatnot, and as it turns out a decent number of these guys are Jets fans. So that's pretty cool, right? Well as the conversation progresses, one thing becomes painfully clear: these folks, every last one of them, are hardcore Penningtologists. Needless to say I spoke my mind on that topic once it was brought up. It was certainly... interesting.

Ok, back to reading all of this nonsense.

I hate you all for all of the catching up I have to do right now. And I'm far too tired to be doing it.

As an aside, I figured I'd throw this out here since I know at least a handful of people here would appreciate it: last night I went out and was meeting up with bunch of people from this charity kickball team thing. So we're talking, drinking and whatnot, and as it turns out a decent number of these guys are Jets fans. So that's pretty cool, right? Well as the conversation progresses, one thing becomes painfully clear: these folks, every last one of them, are hardcore Penningtologists. Needless to say I spoke my mind on that topic once it was brought up. It was certainly... interesting.

So you started the night with "acquaintances" on the verge of becoming "friends" and then chose to beat a dead horse from 4 years ago... and end the night with none of the above?

Vote BG :P

What's the possibility of there being a freezing ability in this game?

If freezing = silencing, then we have seen that here before. I didn't suspect it with Smash because I was pretty certain that at least one of his two posts came after the day phase had begun. I didn't like the train on him because I was concerned that he may have something going on personally that was keeping him away from the computer. But now that he's told us that's not the case, carry on.

Smashmouth finally shows up right in time to respond to DPR's most recent activity...? At 1:00am no less?

Nobody else thinks this is odd? I don't usually pay attention too much to timing... but....

If DPR's post seemed to have anything to do with a scum action maybe you'd be onto something here, but I'm chalking it up to coincidence.

I forget who said it before but I agree; if scum were putting in a day action, they'd most likely be keeping themselves out of the tread around that time. Especially at 1AM.

I'm leaving in about 20 minutes for the weekend. I should have Internet access at the hotel, so I'll try to be on throughout the weekend, but my time spent online will be very limited.

What'd you say you were doing this weekend... graduating from college?

Haha... you'll soon find out that weekends don't start on Friday mornings, enjoy it while you've got it!

Not much to comment on. Good to see Smash showing up. Interesting he is avoiding the day one nonsense considering his typical affinity for setup banter and the such.

He's essentially avoiding discussing anything, which is certainly odd. Although it certainly was interesting smash's immediate response to that scene. Sounds like some people's roles are starting to kick in, which should only be good news for us.

So you started the night with "acquaintances" on the verge of becoming "friends" and then chose to beat a dead horse from 4 years ago... and end the night with none of the above?

Vote BG :P

I'm still not sure how it happened, but there we were debating everything from his injury history to the 2004 Steelers playoff game and everything in between. In my defense, I did at least practice some discretion. I avoided telling them all why they were dumbasses or telling the one kid what I thought of him when he told me he cheered when Chad beat us in Week 17 in 2008. In the end we were able to resolve our differences by all at least agreeing we were much better off with the Dirty One.

You met up with Pac?

If DPR's post seemed to have anything to do with a scum action maybe you'd be onto something here, but I'm chalking it up to coincidence.

I forget who said it before but I agree; if scum were putting in a day action, they'd most likely be keeping themselves out of the tread around that time. Especially at 1AM.

I see your point... I'm kind of at a loss right now. 22 people, most of whom are lurking... not much to go on... at this point there's a small handful of people I am wary of... but still, not much to patch together a case even I'd be confident in.

Going on DPR's scenes so far I think there's a possibility that there could be two non-town teams. 3 predetors and 3 third party. I think it makes sense as it gives us basically 72% with 22 players. if there were 5 scum (non town) you get 77%. So you're not gonna get BG's hard on for a perfect 75/25 ratio w/ 22. Set up haters can suck it b/c I think the more we understand the game the better off we are. Not saying I'm locked in on to this idea but I think it makes sense as something to think about.

Going on DPR's scenes so far I think there's a possibility that there could be two non-town teams. 3 predetors and 3 third party. I think it makes sense as it gives us basically 72% with 22 players. if there were 5 scum (non town) you get 77%. So you're not gonna get BG's hard on for a perfect 75/25 ratio w/ 22. Set up haters can suck it b/c I think the more we understand the game the better off we are. Not saying I'm locked in on to this idea but I think it makes sense as something to think about.

Doood.

You nerdbombers got my boy doing math now???

WTF are you gonna do to rock my world next? Tell me that Flav-o-ice Pops are causing global warming???? Holy **** ****.

What are you reading in his scenes that suggests the possibility of two teams to you?

Doood.

You nerdbombers got my boy doing math now???

WTF are you gonna do to rock my world next? Tell me that Flav-o-ice Pops are causing global warming???? Holy **** ****.

Fyi, I never really liked you. How many movies were there, 3? I never saw AVP. Was there any kind of human hero in the movie?

Fyi, I never really liked you. How many movies were there, 3? I never saw AVP. Was there any kind of human hero in the movie?

We all know you don't like me... you love me. Mr. Cool with the gheys.

Predator. Arnold was the hero.

Predator 2. Danny Glover was the hero.

AVP. Never saw it.

I can sense that your next theory is going to be full of win. :rolleyes:

What would a JN Mafia game be without a D1 Brett train.

I wish I could defend better, but I have nothing to defend. Smash is playing weird. He even came back and admitted that its not cause hes busy. Hes choosing NOT to contribute, unlike the other 21 players (insert Pac joke here).

What I find interesting is

1) CTM stands corrected but keeps his vote on me

2) Lily, sorry-- whatever helps you sleep at night. Its a make-up vote for last game.

3) RunIn.. how am I playing weird? You don't even know me.

Im studying for my final final and and should be done with it at 12 pacific. Afterwards I will probably be on, but I am going to be really busy packing (and eventually driving). I will find a time to get on though.

What would a JN Mafia game be without a D1 Brett train.

I wish I could defend better, but I have nothing to defend. Smash is playing weird. He even came back and admitted that its not cause hes busy. Hes choosing NOT to contribute, unlike the other 21 players (insert Pac joke here).

What I find interesting is

1) CTM stands corrected but keeps his vote on me

2) Lily, sorry-- whatever helps you sleep at night. Its a make-up vote for last game.

3) RunIn.. how am I playing weird? You don't even know me.

Im studying for my final final and and should be done with it at 12 pacific. Afterwards I will probably be on, but I am going to be really busy packing (and eventually driving). I will find a time to get on though.

Just cause smash admitted it, doesn't mean I think you had a valid reason to suggest his play was off when he only had 2 posts. UNless you are speaking to him behind the scenes, he very well could've had something going on personally that prevented activity.

Good luck on your finals, Brett.

This is an interesting first day with how DPR's scene posts, an emo battle here & there, and Smashmouth essentially boycotting the thread.

A couple of us have tried to figure out the setup. I thought there was a possibility of a sorta survivor style Predator group that are all solo, but DPR said this was standard mafia. I don't see where Hess gets the 2 team and 1 3P from what DPR wrote, but we can't rule out the possibility. I don't it though based on DPR's other posts.

I liked the Shutout vote to test the theory of independent Predators, but that has been met with resistance. I don't know as of yet where to go from there. Smash is being voted on because of his boycot. Is that enough? It's day 1 so who knows?

Hopefully more DPR scenes will give us some clues as to how to proceed.

Where do I sign up?

unvote

and I am switching to Bret he seems a little to out there.

This is the post I am referring to previously.

What are you talking about? You don't know me at all so I don't know what you are talking about as far as out there.

If you are voting people that seem out there you would have agreed with me on Smash.

And my name has 2 T's... 2!

I agree with this. There has got to be a funnyman police Lieutenant from LA down here who got lost in the Jungle during his vacation.

His partner might be down here too... it's anybody's guess cause he's crazy...

Mel-Gibson-Lethal-Weapon.jpg

Just cause smash admitted it, doesn't mean I think you had a valid reason to suggest his play was off when he only had 2 posts. UNless you are speaking to him behind the scenes, he very well could've had something going on personally that prevented activity.

This.

I spoke up about the first train on you, Brett, which I thought was a joke that was starting to get out of hand. But this one you've brought on yourself. If you'd just said that you were voting to prod him out of inactivity, no one would've blinked an eye.

Smash needs to pick up the pace, too. Going from one of the game's more aggressive, theorizing players to deep in hiding isn't going to be good for him. But calling his play "off" based on two posts, and then sticking to it, does stand out.

Neither of the bolded will be taking place. None of the Predators currently watchinh you have any intention of letting you live. And, I'm assuming that all of you are on birth control...heh

Too late for some...

6W8pO.jpg

I think I agree with the brett thing. It just didn't seem right at the time. You defended it the only way you could, but you can't really use the fact that it was intentional to defend yourself cause that wasn't known at the time. I'm going to think about it some more though.

:P I confess to being one, once upon a time. That is pretty funny though, why on earth are they still preaching Pennyboy? Sanchez>Penny on sheer potential and what he did in the playoffs. lol.

Anyways, monkey man you're actually starting to win me over, because there are only 2 options with the timing: Scum has been VERY lucky, or smash has been VERY stupid. Either stupid as scum making that obvious, or stupid in posting right after scenes each time. Hasn't brought much to the game, and quite frankly even after all that criticism he just comes back jokes a bit more and says yeah I've got nothing.

So...here's my theory, because it's all I've managed to put together. I think smash, like JiF in Star Wars, has a lot of stuff keeping him busy and isn't able to give as much to the game (and that he's scum, mind you). We, in general, heavily read into things as a whole, and I'm betting he and perhaps the whole team are trying to play off the "there's no way he'd act like this as scum!" idea.

Flawless theory? No. But it's better than what I've got with slats, and maybe his results give us some insight into brett.

unvote

vote: Smash

I"m really tempted to vote Smash for his hoity toity "see heeahh.. I will not participate with you mongrels on discussing day 1 strategy... that is awl"

Well excuuuse us Sire. Screw you and your Grey Popoun bullsh-t.

So I've got golf then the lady friends so may not be back on till much later... In the meantime I'll keep my vote on Polish Power because I don't see anything else more interesting.

UNOFFICIAL Current Vote Count:

Slats (1) - Hess

CTM (1) - Pac

Smash (4) - Vic, JiF, Brett, AVM

Brett (4) - CTM, Crush, Runin, Lily

SMC (2) - Slats, I28

Lily (2) - Dan, JVoR

Shutout (1) - SMC

With 22 players, it takes 12 to lynch

I"m really tempted to vote Smash for his hoity toity "see heeahh.. I will not participate with you mongrels on discussing day 1 strategy... that is awl"

So I've got golf then the lady friends so may not be back on till much later... In the meantime I'll keep my vote on Polish Power because I don't see anything else more interesting.

Oh, the irony.

amsterdam_pride_normal.jpg

Now that we have a couple of cases going, I wanted to chime in with my thoughts on them since we've now got something to work with. The first thing I find interesting is that our main two competing trains are opposite sides of the same issue, which is certainly a little odd. We've got one set of votes for smash's weird play and another set for brett's comments about it. Now granted, I understand that the difference has something to do with brett's comments coming before the last visit we got from smash, but still interesting nonetheless.

While I get the original point against brett (how can you judge strange play with almost no posts to base it on?), I'm actually leaning innocent on him for the time being. I think I kind of get what his point was to an extent, but more than that is actually his insistence on such a simple point. I feel like if scum, it was a slight enough issue that once questioned he could have just brushed it aside, chalked it up to smash's lack of activity and moved on. Instead he's put himself in the crosshairs by refusing to back down which could just be stubbornness, but it just seems a unnecessary risk for scum to take over something so meaningless.

Smash on the other hand is really an enigma to me. It doesn't make sense for him to be post restricted because it's obviously not a silence and there isn't any sort of consistency to what's going on, but I almost feel like he's trying to make us think that he is. Plus the comments he does make are just so peculiar and really anything but helpful. I just don't even know what to take from it anymore, but he certainly gives me a worse vibe of the two at this point. With little else to go on I'd like to press the issue a little further and see what, if anything, we hear from him.

Vote: Smash

Current Vote Count:

Slats (1) - Hess

CTM (1) - Pac

Smash (4) - Vic, JiF, Brett, AVM

Brett (5) - CTM, Crush, Runin, Lily, Adella

SMC (2) - Slats, I28

Lily (2) - Dan, JVoR

Shutout (1) - SMC

With 22 players, it takes 12 to lynch

Fixed. Adella is on Brett.

Current Vote Count: