Smash (6) - Vic, JiF, Brett, AVM, BG, Hess

Brett (3) - CTM, Crush, Adella

SMC (1) - I28

Lily (2) - Dan, JVoR, Sharrow, Barm, Slats, Nae

Runin (2) - Shutout, Pac

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Why does it seem like every time I'm reading the thread regularly (like today during work) there is nothing going on, but I step away for a few hours and there's pages upon pages to catch up on. This is getting out of hand. Still have another 5 or so pages to catch up on... hate you guys.

unvote and vote Danx

She seems way to against the Brett wagon. Also, Brett could be fake claiming, and if we lynch Danx and she is scum, then he is also most likely scum.

No DM doesn't have as convenient a search post functions as you all do over here, that's why I never case someone.

I didn't want to case Brett, because I remembered well enough his posts which I retold as how they came across to me. Also for the fact that I never case anyone, because it seems like it is more scummy then anything. It is usually a last ditch effort to get someone lynched or save yourself.

Nevermind it was Runin.

Yeah.. that one action forced me into all kinds of on the spot rule bending and accomadations as i had team doggin and team yellin pissed about it, not to mention you ;)

But there was something else later in the game, where someone quoted the flavor text i used to get off the hook.

I vaguely remember that game. Not too well since that was the game where there were 3 NK abilities and I believe they were all used on me night one. Good times.

Upon catchup, here are my thoughts: while I know it didn't get to a lynch, I'm now feeling better about smash after the series of events this evening. Maybe it's a bad point of assumption, but I just feel like you don't see trains build up that quickly on scum out of nowhere. For him to gain that many votes that quickly makes me think at the very least there is nobody who had a particular reason not to vote him (i.e., scum teammates), and perhaps even there were people who had reason to try to push a train on him.

And while I feel better, apparently he's now taken issue with the fact that I hadn't given him what he wanted despite not being around between the last time he asked me for it and the time he cast his vote (whatever). To answer your question smash, the main things I thought interesting were two things. The first was what I interpreted as subtle hints towards a role (one I remember specifically had you referencing a weapon), which I may have misread, but typically are either bad town play or scum. The other was your rather insistence that in this game more than any other the key was the scenes and votes. First off, that made me feel like you had extra info of some sort that you weren't sharing that caused you to be so insistent on that, but secondly I found it odd because you had never cast a vote at that point after having said that twice and gave no thoughts on DPRs scenes. Almost felt like you wanted to push others in that direction while not going there yourself. If you want me to quote the specific posts, I'll find them in the morning, but it's late and I'm tired and just wanted to do a quick catchup. Not the greatest case, I'll give you that, but those were the things that stood out to me. Hope that answers whatever you were looking for, but as I said earlier, I'm becoming less convinced on you as time goes by.

Upon catchup, here are my thoughts: while I know it didn't get to a lynch, I'm now feeling better about smash after the series of events this evening. Maybe it's a bad point of assumption, but I just feel like you don't see trains build up that quickly on scum out of nowhere. For him to gain that many votes that quickly makes me think at the very least there is nobody who had a particular reason not to vote him (i.e., scum teammates), and perhaps even there were people who had reason to try to push a train on him.

And while I feel better, apparently he's now taken issue with the fact that I hadn't given him what he wanted despite not being around between the last time he asked me for it and the time he cast his vote (whatever). To answer your question smash, the main things I thought interesting were two things. The first was what I interpreted as subtle hints towards a role (one I remember specifically had you referencing a weapon), which I may have misread, but typically are either bad town play or scum. The other was your rather insistence that in this game more than any other the key was the scenes and votes. First off, that made me feel like you had extra info of some sort that you weren't sharing that caused you to be so insistent on that, but secondly I found it odd because you had never cast a vote at that point after having said that twice and gave no thoughts on DPRs scenes. Almost felt like you wanted to push others in that direction while not going there yourself. If you want me to quote the specific posts, I'll find them in the morning, but it's late and I'm tired and just wanted to do a quick catchup. Not the greatest case, I'll give you that, but those were the things that stood out to me. Hope that answers whatever you were looking for, but as I said earlier, I'm becoming less convinced on you as time goes by.

Im cool with that explanation Bleedin .

Just so you know what I meant about the weapons It was in direct relation to one of DPR's scenes about the soliders unwillingness to use the weapons. I was actully messing around not trying to throw suble hints at a role. ;)

I'm curious as to why you are flinging accusations all over the place like a more evolved version of i2d2

If we're going to break up the two man party than UNVOTE. Pot Kettle Black CTM. I feel like I can get how or why someone can do this especially the first day. I do it myself A LOT. But what I don't do is blast somebody else for doing the same thing. You to suggest slats has thrown more accusations than you is retarded...

VOTE: CTM

Current Vote Count:

Smash (5) - Vic, JiF, Brett, AVM, BG,

SMC (1) - I28

Lily (5) - Dan, JVoR, Barm, Slats, Nae

Dan (1) - Runin

BG (1)- Smash

Runin (1) - Shutout, Pac

CTM (1) - Hess

With 22 players, it takes 12 to lynch

With the vote count spreading out, I would normally choose now to impose that deadline. But, I do believe that I detect a little mafia burnout, so, for now, there is no deadline and I will revisit the idea on Monday.

You should absolutely continue to play. You should absolutely not let frustration over the game, or over RL, ruin your weekend.

In any event where an RL situation compromises your ability to play, or stresses you out so that you are not having fun, just shoot me a PM. If I don't receive a PM from you, I'll just carry on like everything is cool.

Is the one on the right a boy or a girl?

At this point, do you think it really matters? Like my Pappy used to say, "if it lights your fire, then feed the flame..."

unvote and vote Danx

She seems way to against the Brett wagon. Also, Brett could be fake claiming, and if we lynch Danx and she is scum, then he is also most likely scum.

No DM doesn't have as convenient a search post functions as you all do over here, that's why I never case someone.

I didn't want to case Brett, because I remembered well enough his posts which I retold as how they came across to me. Also for the fact that I never case anyone, because it seems like it is more scummy then anything. It is usually a last ditch effort to get someone lynched or save yourself.

Well, that's two quick reasons for not putting together a case.

You can play the game however you feel comfortable. Placing votes on people without making a case is certainly normal over here. Usually when people get to the point where they're pressing a lynch (as you certainly seemed to be doing with Brett), then the accused and the rest of the town will expect more than just your feelings on the player.

Here it seems that your entire case on Dan X is that she doesn't agree with you on Brett. And that if she turns out to be scum, then Brett probably is, too? In a 22 person game, you have a lot figured out pretty quickly.

I realllly want to go back to CTM but no one seems interested in pursuing that so I'll Vote Runin.

I'm not voting CTM right now because like I said previously, I always get a scum vibe from him early, and often it's wrong. I'm not voting Runin today because of our unwritten "don't D1 lynch the JN first-timers" rule. But that's it.

Well, that's two quick reasons for not putting together a case.

You can play the game however you feel comfortable. Placing votes on people without making a case is certainly normal over here. Usually when people get to the point where they're pressing a lynch (as you certainly seemed to be doing with Brett), then the accused and the rest of the town will expect more than just your feelings on the player.

Here it seems that your entire case on Dan X is that she doesn't agree with you on Brett. And that if she turns out to be scum, then Brett probably is, too? In a 22 person game, you have a lot figured out pretty quickly.

I'm not voting CTM right now because like I said previously, I always get a scum vibe from him early, and often it's wrong. I'm not voting Runin today because of our unwritten "don't D1 lynch the JN first-timers" rule. But that's it.

I don't care if she agrees with me or not. Just she seemed to be trying to dissuade the Bret train a little to quickly. It looked like she was trying to save him. Since if she is the finder she hasn't had chance to view him and I doubt masons or lovers in this game, then seeing her for I think three posts or four trying to stop the train, it makes me think she has something to gain by keeping him alive.

This last vote count was incorrect... my vote was on Smash. Right now I believe it's:

Smash (7) - Vic, JiF, Brett, AVM, BG, Pac, Hess

SMC (1) - I28

Lily (5) - Dan, JVoR, Sharrow, Barm, Slats

Runin (1) - Shutout

I don't like the grandstanding by SMC with the quick votes/unvotes on Smash or Runnin coming out of nowhere to quickly put him at L1 citing "giving Brett a 2nd chance". The quick trains and indecisiveness smell like crap.

I went for Smash because it ticks me off when I put time and effort into these games and someone blows it off... Since I know he's active when motivated, and he seems to want to play now, I'll unvote.

I realllly want to go back to CTM but no one seems interested in pursuing that so I'll Vote Runin.

He came on real strong with Brett, too strong IMO, then suddenly unvotes and goes with someone at L2 with very weak reasoning. Me no likey.

I put him at l-1 and was giving him a chance to pop back up and save himself if he so chose to do by revealing. Then I saw Dan X defending and I switched to her.

I came on strong with Brett, because that's how I play.

Also, ask any Dmer I am one for a day one vote for information. This has all been fine posting back and forth, but we won't get any concrete information until we lynch someone. Rehashing points and speculating at every shadow can only get us so far. That's why I switched to the person with the most votes.

I don't care if she agrees with me or not. Just she seemed to be trying to dissuade the Bret train a little to quickly. It looked like she was trying to save him. Since if she is the finder she hasn't had chance to view him and I doubt masons or lovers in this game, then seeing her for I think three posts or four trying to stop the train, it makes me think she has something to gain by keeping him alive.

This game started in the night phase, and I'm not discounting any roles in DPR's first mod job here.

Ok I'm caught up. I'm not really feeling the smash or brettlejuice vote either one. Someone mentione Smash wouldn't be so disinterested if he were scum and that seems a fair assesment to me. Sorry runin but Brettlejuice countered your attacks well enough to me.... for now anyways. I'm logging away any suspicions on you, Adella for now because you get "technical" noob status for being new to the JN mafia games.

Even though he hasn't had time yet to counter the posts i brought back up?

Is there any game where you don't suspect me. :rolleyes:

This game started in the night phase, and I'm not discounting any roles in DPR's first mod job here.

No NK, I think knowing DPR and playing in his games, that was for flavor and letting people check in before day actually started.

I had a similar sentiment where I don't see this same case on Brett that you happen to be seeing and yet it's like you want to push a mile in a cart with no wheels. Your entire basis of voting Brett is "he's out there" and he's being "radical and unhinged" and yet you refuse to qupte the exact posts that make you feel that way? Because of what, it's too hard? All you have to do is hit replies and filter through only Brett's posts to find the one that stuck out.

At best my feel on him is still neutral. Two of the posts you quoted him on were clearly joking and you characterized it as if it's some sort of evidence.

That being said, i'd prefer voting Lily over you for today because you're sticking your face in the mud while Lily is pushing more feebly with more egregious bandwagoning on both Smash and Brett. I have seen her scum M.O though and I haven't seen yours, so that's mainly why I need more information on how you play before I decide on you.

I had a similar sentiment where I don't see this same case on Brett that you happen to be seeing and yet it's like you want to push a mile in a cart with no wheels. Your entire basis of voting Brett is "he's out there" and he's being "radical and unhinged" and yet you refuse to qupte the exact posts that make you feel that way? Because of what, it's too hard? All you have to do is hit replies and filter through only Brett's posts to find the one that stuck out.

At best my feel on him is still neutral. Two of the posts you quoted him on were clearly joking and you characterized it as if it's some sort of evidence.

That being said, i'd prefer voting Lily over you for today because you're sticking your face in the mud while Lily is pushing more feebly with more egregious bandwagoning on both Smash and Brett. I have seen her scum M.O though and I haven't seen yours, so that's mainly why I need more information on how you play before I decide on you.

Not because it was to hard but because I never do it. Everyone has their own playstyles and casing isn't mine. I have not saw it used once that it has benefited the town.

Also when He said about Smash roleclaiming because he knew he was going to draw heat felt like a weird thing to say.

Not because it was to hard but because I never do it. Everyone has their own playstyles and casing isn't mine. I have not saw it used once that it has benefited the town.

Also when He said about Smash roleclaiming because he knew he was going to draw heat felt like a weird thing to say.

I don't really understand why you feel that way, but you're free to have your playstyle. I disagree with you saying making cases doesn't benefit the town but to each his own.

I feel sorta like last game we're getting ourselves into these competitive trains with the wrong people. If there is a deadline with the same top vote getters I'll go back to Smash. But for now all three arguements are the same "I have a feeling the players acting weird" with people jumping on board.

Long story short - new meds. They make me sleepy and stupid while I adjust to them. I'm not sure if I should keep trying to play the game. I'm leaving it up to the group.

You are staying in this game. Just stop forgetting you're playing with retards. We barely notice half the stuff you think we do. You're fine.

If we're going to break up the two man party than UNVOTE. Pot Kettle Black CTM. I feel like I can get how or why someone can do this especially the first day. I do it myself A LOT. But what I don't do is blast somebody else for doing the same thing. You to suggest slats has thrown more accusations than you is retarded...

VOTE: CTM

Pot Kettle Indeed..

What are you his mother? We've actually both voted 3 people I believe, fwiw.. But my post wasn't meant to be a statement of fact as much as a smarmy response to his gotcha type post

Pot Kettle Indeed..

What are you his mother? We've actually both voted 3 people I believe, fwiw.. But my post wasn't meant to be a statement of fact as much as a smarmy response to his gotcha type post

You're post was a contradiction. Stop trying to distance yourself from why I voted you. Bc I don't care how many votes you both have on other people. You knocked him for the same thing you've done all game.

Even though he hasn't had time yet to counter the posts i brought back up?

Is there any game where you don't suspect me. :rolleyes:

It took you long enough to even go back and bring up one post. I think by that point it almost became a moot point with the argument.

As far as the brother/sister thing I mentioned... I'm sure you would.. though I can't actually recall any games it's happened.(You usuallly recruit each other) I just see the defence of you and making your arguments for you as risky behavior.

Fwiw, though, Brettlejuice.. you did do a tiny bit of emo in the last game with me. You got a little over defensive when I called you out when your nickname was born. ;) I don't, however, think you are playing all that differently from that game. [/metagaming]

You're post was a contradiction. Stop trying to distance yourself from why I voted you. Bc I don't care how many votes you both have on other people. You knocked him for the same thing you've done all game.

I'm not distancing myself from anything. And i really haven't flung accusations all over.

I voted you as a joke, jif for the "whose hunting who" debate over DPRs scene and brett for the smash thing. Outside of that really no accusations, unless you include saying it's conceivable that shutout could still be scum, but I never accused him, it was more of a don't rule it out statement.

Hey guys I only have a second and am posting from my phone.

I wanted to apologize for my edit yesterday. Even when I wrote it, I messaged dpr about it. Then ctm sent me a message telling me to delete it, that I'll get modkilled for it, but I shouldn't ruin his game.

So I did... Ruining the work a mod puts into this is the last thing I want to do. Fortunately, DPR agreed with me so no harm no foul.

Yesterday was the last day of finals, so I was pretty mentally exhausted. I still stand by that post and everything it said.

I also want to thank ctm... He put himself out there as a potential modkill to protect the game. Very selfless.

I'll be back later, getting settled into home and ready to start work Monday!

I'm not distancing myself from anything. And i really haven't flung accusations all over.

I voted you as a joke, jif for the "whose hunting who" debate over DPRs scene and brett for the smash thing. Outside of that really no accusations, unless you include saying it's conceivable that shutout could still be scum, but I never accused him, it was more of a don't rule it out statement.

It has nothing to do with your early vote on me. And yeah I agree there is a possibilty Shutout could have been a gambit hunt. But you seemed really into it when SMC brought it up. And imo it's stupid. You really only started to defend it has just something not to rule out after you realized nobody else liked it, because it is a LONG shot. You sitting there with early trains on two guys neither of which had a great case saying, Let's just pick one, I don't care, screamed scummy to me. And than you edit your posts referring to a guy you wanted lynched and PM'ing the mod, and not explaining yourself and then subtly...yes subtly b/c that's what you do, deflect slats for doing the same thing you've been doing. But it's cool b/c you always look scummy so what do you care. You can just get involved on the other side of whoever is getting pressure.

Hey guys I only have a second and am posting from my phone.

I wanted to apologize for my edit yesterday. Even when I wrote it, I messaged dpr about it. Then ctm sent me a message telling me to delete it, that I'll get modkilled for it, but I shouldn't ruin his game.

So I did... Ruining the work a mod puts into this is the last thing I want to do. Fortunately, DPR agreed with me so no harm no foul.

Yesterday was the last day of finals, so I was pretty mentally exhausted. I still stand by that post and everything it said.

I also want to thank ctm... He put himself out there as a potential modkill to protect the game. Very selfless.

I'll be back later, getting settled into home and ready to start work Monday!

After you get past the whole "You're my teammate? *pushes in front of bus*" thing. CTM actually is a pretty good guy.

This last vote count was incorrect... my vote was on Smash. Right now I believe it's:

SMC (1) - I28

Lily (5) - Dan, JVoR, Sharrow, Barm, Slats

Runin (1) - Shutout

I don't like the grandstanding by SMC with the quick votes/unvotes on Smash or Runnin coming out of nowhere to quickly put him at L1 citing "giving Brett a 2nd chance". The quick trains and indecisiveness smell like crap.

I went for Smash because it ticks me off when I put time and effort into these games and someone blows it off... Since I know he's active when motivated, and he seems to want to play now, I'll unvote.

He came on real strong with Brett, too strong IMO, then suddenly unvotes and goes with someone at L2 with very weak reasoning. Me no likey.

Why post a vote count, only to vote a different player and not have the vote count reflect your change of vote.

:donk:

Nae Ninja'd.. where the hell did you come from? I think this is right..

SMC (1) - I28

Runin (2) - Shutout, Pac

sh-t! this is it... now I'm done.

Smash (6) - Vic, JiF, Brett, AVM, BG, Hess

SMC (1) - I28

Runin (2) - Shutout, Pac

And then 2 fails in a row? You had the 5 on Lily right the first time you tard. Gawd your brain is dumb. Why dont you leave this to someone who isnt a complete moron.

I question why I made you aware we were starting these games up again, you make everyone else dumb by your presence alone.

Can somebody PLEASE explain to me what CTM thought needed to be editted?

IDK - the mod kind of addressed it though...

Guys, again, I do very much appreciate everybody looking out for the game - it keeps the games fun.

But, say Brett's reveal is legit - how many ways can you really phrase "I'm a townie and I win when the Mafia is dead?"

Or, say he's a Predator that has been told that a certain number of players are just town.

Or, say he's a power role, and the mod gave him that line to use as a reveal, and told to only to use that line.

The possibilites go on from there - but, you have to decide whether you think he's playing as town or scum.

Play on.

Can somebody PLEASE explain to me what CTM thought needed to be editted?

Brett revealed a win condition. Most mods don't allow it and will modkill the offender, and most players don't like it either because it takes something away from the game.

Archived