PREDATOR Mafia Game Thread

DPR

I don't know who all knows him, but it still earns you bragging rights. :love0030:

Haha, I guess so. He is an EPIC player, he just made a mistake that I caught and made obvious to everyone else. I have to say, it majorly inflated my mafia ego for sure, but I still know I have my flaws.

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Haha, I guess so. He is an EPIC player, he just made a mistake that I caught and made obvious to everyone else. I have to say, it majorly inflated my mafia ego for sure, but I still know I have my flaws.

Don't worry. These guys are good at fixing that particular problem. I would know....*sigh*

Just got back. I want to look back at specific people more carefully, but wanted to clarify something for RunIn first. These two posts by Brett that you used as examples of him acting crazy were clearly jokes. At least, I'm 99% sure he was in no way serious.

**** you you anonymous pig *******. Acting so tough behind that computer screen! Dont you know that there are real people behind there with real feelings!

NO FAIR YOU CANT VOTE TEH NOOBZ ON DAY ONE JERK!!!!

I'm going to look back at the rest of Brett's posts and see what everyone finds so scummy about him. He hasn't stood out to me, but I'll give him a look.

Just got back. I want to look back at specific people more carefully, but wanted to clarify something for RunIn first. These two posts by Brett that you used as examples of him acting crazy were clearly jokes. At least, I'm 99% sure he was in no way serious.

I'm going to look back at the rest of Brett's posts and see what everyone finds so scummy about him. He hasn't stood out to me, but I'll give him a look.

He just felt all over the place from my read through. Just my opinion.

Sharrow's Batman.

LOL

Whats my sky is falling this is terrible for the town post?

We've done this before...AVM asked of it as well.

Were you not paying attention when someone specifically asked to see a post of yours? Were you not paying attention when the player he asked to peform such task posted a link and stated the number to that particular post? Something like this...

post #389 http://www.jetnation.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1598795&postcount=389

Yeah...hate to pile on, but look here's the thing. I know we can have a lot of posts on some days, but especially when you're a prime suspect you're going to see your name, heck even if you aren't. This one's pretty bad, IMO.

More have jumped on due to his reactions I feel like, as I agree I wasn't on board with a brett lynch at first. He's looked bad today, IMO -- but at the same time I've been town and responded like this early on because I just didn't know what else to do. We've seen both town and scum react like this early on day 1 or 2, but one thing I've noticed is a couple times I've seen scum last deep after surviving early scrutiny like this, but I can't think of once I've seen a townie do it.

Point is, players like Brett are harmful to the town late in the game due to lack of trust. I may switch over to him, I'm not sure yet...but I'm definitely ok with either him or smash.

I second JiF's request that people vote, as well.

I've never seen so many edits in a mafia game in my life...:face:

Here's Brett's post:

Ok guys.. this is my final post until Saturday afternoon. I have to go disconnect my internet, pack, move out, and drive home.

So I will say everything I need to say, and if I get on Saturday dead-- so be it.

I can PROVE that I am town. And I guess in a way I am lucky to be the first person with heat so I can say this.

In my PM, I was not given a role.. all I was told was basically "Your town. You win when all the Predators die"

Not roleless, no powers, maybe something happens, I have no idea. What I can say is that I am sure that many other townies got that same type of PM. And there is NO way scum would know townies got a PM like that. No way.

So take what you will out of it. Ill talk to you guys tomorrow, I will say I told you so if I get lynched.

My vote sticks with Smash.. on top of the post I just made about him, I also don't like his "I am to busy for this game because I have other games" attitude. We are all busy. Find time to be here, nobody is to good for D1.

Have a safe Friday night. If I get to L1 or whatever tonight, don't wait around for me. I've said everthing I could say.

I'm re-posting it because I don't find it to be against the spirit of the game.

I do appreciate the players, including Brett, who acted to defend the game.

Brett has made a claim. I am neither confirming, nor denying it.

No players will be punished. Please continue the game, and for the love of all that's holy, play. Get crazy, and put a vote out there - the rebels are getting restless. heh

What is the vote count?

Since for whatever reason no one is seeing what I see with CTM, and we have a looming deadline, I'll move it.

I don't like the case on Brett.. Runin Mouth has been doing a lot of talking but I haven't seen very much evidence to back it up. The fact that CTM is seems to be his tag team partner only makes it less appealing.

Smash on the other hand doesn't seem interested... I'm fine with letting him go play his other game.

Unvote

Vote Smash

I'll switch if people like CTM or I hear a better case but right now I think my vote has count...

Current Vote Count:

Slats (1) - Hess

Smash (6) - Vic, JiF, Brett, AVM, BG, Pac

Brett (5) - CTM, Crush, Runin, Lily, Adella

SMC (2) - Slats, I28

Lily (3) - Dan, JVoR, Sharrow

Shutout (1) - SMC

With 22 players, it takes 12 to lynch

I've never seen so many edits in a mafia game in my life...:face:

Here's Brett's post:

Ok guys.. this is my final post until Saturday afternoon. I have to go disconnect my internet, pack, move out, and drive home.

So I will say everything I need to say, and if I get on Saturday dead-- so be it.

I can PROVE that I am town. And I guess in a way I am lucky to be the first person with heat so I can say this.

In my PM, I was not given a role.. all I was told was basically "Your town. You win when all the Predators die"

Not roleless, no powers, maybe something happens, I have no idea. What I can say is that I am sure that many other townies got that same type of PM. And there is NO way scum would know townies got a PM like that. No way.

So take what you will out of it. Ill talk to you guys tomorrow, I will say I told you so if I get lynched.

My vote sticks with Smash.. on top of the post I just made about him, I also don't like his "I am to busy for this game because I have other games" attitude. We are all busy. Find time to be here, nobody is to good for D1.

Have a safe Friday night. If I get to L1 or whatever tonight, don't wait around for me. I've said everthing I could say.

I'm re-posting it because I don't find it to be against the spirit of the game.

I do appreciate the players, including Brett, who acted to defend the game.

Brett has made a claim. I am neither confirming, nor denying it.

No players will be punished. Please continue the game, and for the love of all that's holy, play. Get crazy, and put a vote out there - the rebels are getting restless. heh

Feeling better about my vote on Smash for now.. and I don't understand the edits or drama.

I28 - No, I graduated on Wednesday, this weekend I'm actually back in the same town but for a completely unrelated reason. My mother is participating in an International Dragonboat festival for breast cancer survivors, and I'm here to cheer her on. I also have free wifi at the hotel. Yay me!

I was just at a restaurant a few minutes ago with the most fantastic sign. It read "Unattended children will be given a Red Bull and a kitten." I want that sign.

Believe it when we see it :P

Seen it. Believe it.

No. But they know I28, which is about the same thing.

Come to think of it, I've never seen them both in the same place at the same time . . . :-k

I'm shocked you'd be so mean as to compare I28 to Mynd. What did I28 do to deserve that?

But, as far as the game goes, I'm really not a fan of Runin's assaults on Brett, however, I thought Smash got a little over defensive when he actually showed up. So for now, vote: Smashmouth

For principal sake I'd like to revote Brett because he "reveal" and edit was bush league. I don't know what CTM was doing editing his own post either. That's very un-CTM-esque.

Good job the way you handled it, DPR.

DPR is pressing the rebel point about random lynching. I believe Brett's punkass move is real. So the next option is Smash. I'll go that way, especially to avoid rebel killing one of us.

Unvote: Shutout

Vote: Smash

@mod: Can you give us an idea of when this deadline will be?

My opinion is that games around here are particularly slow on the weekends, and that a deadline really shouldn't come before Monday night at the earliest.

I'm not crazy about Brett's behavior, but I'm going to let it slide for now. It is possible that what I was seeing wasn't frantic, but stress over the move combined with the votes piling up. I know I would worry about that. So, he gets some slack this time.

I'm not crazy about the train on Smash, but I'm also not crazy about his attitude that that other game matters more. I hate d1 more than probably any of you, and every time I open my mouth I get a vote for having an opinion that differs from the JN norm. Lurking would probably work better for me, but I'm playing anyway. The truth is that we need a player controlled lynch and Smash is the only one that we're likely to get.

Unvote

Vote Smashmouth

For principal sake I'd like to revote Brett because he "reveal" and edit was bush league. I don't know what CTM was doing editing his own post either. That's very un-CTM-esque.

fwiw... CTM quoted Brett, then edited Brett's post out five minutes before Brett went back and did the same. So that would seem to suggest that CTM thought the post was against the spirit or rules of the game first, and Brett just followed suit.

So it was CTM's bush league play.

That's 10, people

Yeah, two since I asked the mod when the deadline was going to be in hopes of slowing down that train.

I'm in favor of lynching Smash as the "disinterested townie" to prevent a random lynch before the deadline, but I -for one- will be waiting to hear when that deadline is before I move my vote.

fwiw... CTM quoted Brett, then edited Brett's post out five minutes before Brett went back and did the same. So that would seem to suggest that CTM thought the post was against the spirit or rules of the game first, and Brett just followed suit.

Thanks!

I just came in after both posts were edited and with Brett's first in the thread, I thought he edited first.

Definite bush league on CTM, and Brett since he's been playing long enough to know the rules and understand the spirit of the game. (Full Disclosure, yes, I got busted in one game for bending an unwritten rule because I followed the letter of the law).

Yeah, two since I asked the mod when the deadline was going to be in hopes of slowing down that train.

I'm in favor of lynching Smash as the "disinterested townie" to prevent a random lynch before the deadline, but I -for one- will be waiting to hear when that deadline is before I move my vote.

Unvote

I swear I'm blonder than usual lately. That makes so much more sense. I'd rather just hold, too, until we hear.

I've tried looking back at Brett's posts, and I really think the case on him is weaker than usual (even for a Day 1 lynch). Nothing stood out to me as much as it seems to have stood out to others ... I'm fine with him for the time being.

This is what happened exactly.

And i couldn't care less what people think of the merits of what i did..

Wow, since when does not lynching Brett automatically mean that we all vote Smashmouth within minutes of each other. Haha.

I'm echoing my twin here. Let's find out when our deadline actually is first. :P

Archived