PREDATOR Mafia Game Thread

DPR

That's a pretty good defense, JiF.

You act like a moron in previous games as a townie simply because you're bored. You do that enough and people will ignore it (having in the past voting for you and even lynching you because of it). It almost subconscious in the other players, "Oh, it's JiF being JiF so let's look elsewhere."

FOS JiF for WIFOMoronic.

Whatever...this is getting a little carried away. Last game was the only time I've ever acted out like that...ever!!! And it was because I could communicate with my modified lover upon death. I was trying to save the town from making a mistake while baiting a few...werent you on my train last game as scum!

Typically I just make a bogus case and I'm a bonehead about it and thats my clever trap. Now you are actually trying to make a case that I'm doing a wifom again?

FOS on you for trying to set me up into a WIFOMoronic situation again. I've done nothing this game to create any WIFOM. I just commented on how my ideas that were castrated 4 games ago are now a good play in the eyes of many.

You guys do what you will with how I play...I honestly dont care. Hess can act like a raging lunatic and everyone gets a laugh out of it...I do it once, and I'm the proverbial WIFOM guy.

kma

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The General looks at each of you one more time.

"In addition to everything I have told you, I do have one more surprise. We have been able to collect several pieces of the Predators equipment. Some of you have been given these items, but we do not yet know how they work, so keep them hidden. It may well turn out that you learn their secrets and will be able to use them, in which case, they will be your best chance against the creatures that hunt you."

He lights a cigar.

"And I do mean creatures. The unit sent in before you was destroyed by more than one."

The General turns to Dutch. "Is there anything else that you can tell them?"

Dutch just shakes his head. "Be careful. Use your heads. They will hunt you, but they can be hunted in return. Good luck."

The General nods, and that's it. It's time to deploy. You begin to scramble, grabbing gear and loading into choppers. In a matter of minutes, three choppers lift into the pre-dawn mist and head toward the target zone.

The General and Dutch are left standing alone, lost in thought. Neither spots the tri-laser points on each other's chests until it is too late. The lasers climb up on to their foreheads, there is a flash, and both men crumple into the sand, headless..

DUTCH AND THE GENERAL ARE DEAD. DAY 1 HAS BEGUN. YOU MAY BEGIN VOTING.

That could be a possibility, except this part of the Opening Day scene debunks that:

The General and Dutch were killed by 2 different lasers. In the movies, the Predators only have 1 laser weapon each (with tri-points).

That would mean there are at least 2 Predators.

Odd post SMC. I do agree but he says that their are more than one right before that. Your like a detective who would walk in the room point to me and go, "by my deductions, that man is fat." He do mean creatures.

Good point.

However, if the NK attempt was blocked last night... doesn't it mean that either the Doc (or someone with protection role) is now identified by the scum?

It's going to suck if that is what happened. I hope they just can't NK until N2...

Watching the movie about 12 times I wouldn't be surprised if they can Day Kill as well.

Is there a female Predator? If so JiF may have gotten that role.

Calm down sunshine.

I would have guessed Smash for the early mini meltdown on the heels of his wretched performance last game.

Odd post SMC. I do agree but he says that their are more than one right before that. Your like a detective who would walk in the room point to me and go, "by my deductions, that man is fat." He do mean creatures.

Interesting catch Crush. I also noticed that AFTER DPR said there were multiple "creatures" that Vic continued to point every direction...

Possibility of one Predator to start out with?

In the first movie there was just one.

Posted after DPR's "I do mean creatures" hint.

I say bastard mod is the Predator.

Really?

It's not that. I just figured DPR would be evil enough to exact his revenge upon us by killing us all in a bastard mod set up.

Sharrow is right though and that's a good catch. As to what it could mean, I have no clue. I hate speculating set-ups for the most part.

He hate's speculating set-ups guys... so far he's got us with 1 Predator even though we have mod-confirmed multiples, a bastard mod, but yeah... he hates speculating set-ups.

This is much appreciated.

I want to get this out there right from the get-go. Do we want to discuss game set-up possibilities? I vote no. I think with this large of a game and the odd nature of it already we're only going to gain more information from lynches, death scenes, and updates to the OP. JMO.

FOS Vicious.

I've seen him as townie before, and he was very disenchanted.

I've seen him as scum before, and he works his ass off.

So far, his play... his set-up speculation combined with dispelling the idea of speculating set-ups is the shadiest thing I am seeing. Especially when you consider the comments about there being fewer scum than the mod clearly stated that there are.

Interesting catch Crush. I also noticed that AFTER DPR said there were multiple "creatures" that Vic continued to point every direction...

Posted after DPR's "I do mean creatures" hint.

Really?

He hate's speculating set-ups guys... so far he's got us with 1 Predator even though we have mod-confirmed multiples, a bastard mod, but yeah... he hates speculating set-ups.

FOS Vicious.

I've seen him as townie before, and he was very disenchanted.

I've seen him as scum before, and he works his ass off.

So far, his play... his set-up speculation combined with dispelling the idea of speculating set-ups is the shadiest thing I am seeing. Especially when you consider the comments about there being fewer scum than the mod clearly stated that there are.

Took you long enough to FOS someone. Why don't you just get it out of the way and just put one on everyone here so we can get that annoying aspect of your play out of the way.

You are so ****ing thick. We did this once before when... OH I WAS INNOCENT. The bastard mod thing was a joke. But hey, I'm sure you're building a phenomenal case as it is.

Took you long enough to FOS someone. Why don't you just get it out of the way and just put one on everyone here so we can get that annoying aspect of your play out of the way.

You are so ****ing thick. We did this once before when... OH I WAS INNOCENT. The bastard mod thing was a joke. But hey, I'm sure you're building a phenomenal case as it is.

Oh, it was a joke?

My bad.

In a game with 22 people playing, I thought you were trying to change your tune with every post to create confusion.

Now that I know you are innocent, obviously because you said so, I will go back to scratching my chin and pondering.

This response is a little too OMGUS overboard considering all I did was say FOS... on what I saw as deliberately confusing comments. Don't bother addressing the fact that you were insinuating that there may be one predator, even after the mod confirmed that there are multiple... I'm starting to think that it wasn't meant to be shady, and you are just a dummy.

Oh, it was a joke?

My bad.

In a game with 22 people playing, I thought you were trying to change your tune with every post to create confusion.

Now that I know you are innocent, obviously because you said so, I will go back to scratching my chin and pondering.

This response is a little too OMGUS overboard considering all I did was say FOS... on what I saw as deliberately confusing comments. Don't bother addressing the fact that you were insinuating that there may be one predator, even after the mod confirmed that there are multiple... I'm starting to think that it wasn't meant to be shady, and you are just a dummy.

I said I don't like speculating for this very reason.

When you speculate, you throw **** against the wall. I even stated that usually day 1 speculation usually ends with someone saying "ZOMG YER SPEKULTIONS R SCUMEE" and then we end up lynching an innocent anyways.

I didn't "insinuate" ****. I SAID it. Obviously I'm wrong, it wouldn't' have been the only thing I misread in the OP.

That's true, Crusher. But I read that part you underlined as referring to what happened to the previous unit only. Regardless, we are in agree that there is more than one.

This only game up because of the 21/22 mystery which was cleared up by DPR.

Oh, it was a joke?

My bad.

And then there's this one... :face:

Hey Bonzo why don't you take a sedative. I know creating whacky cases is your thing but how bout you wait until the game is at least 24 hours old before you create one of your "iron clad" cases.

As of this moment IMO there is no one MORE innocent than Vic in this game... why? because you're wrong like 99.7% of the time.

Is there a female Predator? If so JiF may have gotten that role.

Calm down sunshine.

I would have guessed Smash for the early mini meltdown on the heels of his wretched performance last game.

JiF is just getting the place ready for when the DMettes start to post.

And then there's this one... :face:

Hey Bonzo why don't you take a sedative. I know creating whacky cases is your thing but how bout you wait until the game is at least 24 hours old before you create one of your "iron clad" cases.

As of this moment IMO there is no one MORE innocent than Vic in this game... why? because you're wrong like 99.7% of the time.

Haha...

I didn't say "ironclad," I said FOS. I guarantee we see a helluva lot more people say FOS with less reason throughout the game... especially on day one.

Wrong like 99.7% of the time?

**** you. I was a mod-confirm innocent in the Star Wars game and while all the uptight crybabies thought I was crazy, I ****ing carried the town right until the end... wrong my ass... **** you.

I hate you so much right now, I want to impregnate you... just so I can eat your young... mother****er.

That's true, Crusher. But I read that part you underlined as referring to what happened to the previous unit only. Regardless, we are in agree that there is more than one.

This only game up because of the 21/22 mystery which was cleared up by DPR.

The problem I have with this is if what your saying is true I would have to assume my reading comprehension is better than yours.

Haha...

I didn't say "ironclad," I said FOS. I guarantee we see a helluva lot more people say FOS with less reason throughout the game... especially on day one.

**** you. I was a mod-confirm innocent in the Star Wars game and while all the uptight crybabies thought I was crazy, I ****ing carried the town right until the end... wrong my ass... **** you.

I hate you so much right now, I want to impregnate you... just so I can eat your young... mother****er.

FOS I28. He gots picture of pred a turd in his sig.

FOS I28. He gots picture of pred a turd in his sig.

That was there before hte game... I take it you saw the file name? Hahaa...

Crusher is ****ing cool dude... Pac you should be more like Crusher and less like a toilet brush.

Haha...

Someone call the Zookeeper... we've got a wild one on the loose.

I ****ing hate you all. Srsly. Why is that everything I do when I do it is stupid, scummy, JiF being JiF, but then it all comes back around and everyone decides to follow my logic?

I was the scummiest of scum when I said that discussing game set ups are stupid and play into the mafia's hands...now look how many people are on board this game.

**** YOU ALL!!!

Ilu.

Oh, and to be fair...I also considered the idea of only one predator, but that was because of the 22/21 thing. And because I'm stupid. Carry on.

True, BUT without a NK we can say that the town is in a better position today than a normal day start because the cop (assuming there is one) had an investigation last night.

You say this like you are sure. My guess would be NOBODY had night actions last night, and starting in night phase was just to mix things up a bit and make it more fun for the mod.

Every DPR game is different, and Barm would know more on this than I would, but I can tell you some general things that are likely, based on how we play at DM, and what I've learned from DPR.

In a game this size, if there is only one nk per night, that will be one long game. I'd bet there is an SK in here, and maybe a limited vig.

I'm guessing 5 mafia and possibly a symp.

Like I said, Barm knows the sexy evil one better than I do, so he may have more to contribute along those lines.

You say this like you are sure. My guess would be NOBODY had night actions last night, and starting in night phase was just to mix things up a bit and make it more fun for the mod.

Every DPR game is different, and Barm would know more on this than I would, but I can tell you some general things that are likely, based on how we play at DM, and what I've learned from DPR.

In a game this size, if there is only one nk per night, that will be one long game. I'd bet there is an SK in here, and maybe a limited vig.

I'm guessing 5 mafia and possibly a symp.

Like I said, Barm knows the sexy evil one better than I do, so he may have more to contribute along those lines.

What makes you think a symp? Doesn't really seem like it'd fit in with the theme?

Haha...

Get over yourself.

We beat ourselves that game. All we needed was one vote from JiF on drunk crusher, and he kills CTM, Sharrow and he's dead.

I28=DPR's stepbrother.

What makes you think a symp? Doesn't really seem like it'd fit in with the theme?

I don't know the theme. I just know what would be considered typical. And my thinking is "possibly" a symp. Also possibly not.

I think she likes the ideas of a symp. Didn't she bring it up last game too? Maybe she's into some kind of Dom thing.

Frankly I'm expecting roles we've never really seen before. From what I've gathered from the DM'ers/people who have played over there, they tend to just make up roles never heard of before. Which is definitely going to be fun.

In terms of flavor no. I think what she's referring to is that when you're modding a setup a general rule of thumb is 1/4 is mafia. A symp kind of balances out two remainder townies. So i gather that's where the thought process goes.

Now Lily bringing up a symp could be a symp signalling. Or it could be nothing.

I think she likes the ideas of a symp. Didn't she bring it up last game too? Maybe she's into some kind of Dom thing.

Well I DO own these lovely boots......

Actually nice catch there, Vic. Symp is the only role I've never had that I would love to kick ass with. Someday.....

I'm saying it like I'm making a reasonable assumption. Starting a game at night when no one has night actions makes no sense to me. It's a waste of game time. DPR seemed anxious to start the game, just to put it on haitus for a bogus night phase?

In terms of flavor no. I think what she's referring to is that when you're modding a setup a general rule of thumb is 1/4 is mafia. A symp kind of balances out two remainder townies. So i gather that's where the thought process goes.

Now Lily bringing up a symp could be a symp signalling. Or it could be nothing.

No signaling. I think you all know I'd be more subtle than that. However, if it keeps you from nkilling me, you are welcome to think so. :biggrin:

I'm saying it like I'm making a reasonable assumption. Starting a game at night when no one has night actions makes no sense to me. It's a waste of game time. DPR seemed anxious to start the game, just to put it on haitus for a bogus night phase?

Makes sense. The one thing I AM sure about with DPR is that he is always fair. So, I'm guessing not. But it is just a guess.

The problem I have with this is if what your saying is true I would have to assume my reading comprehension is better than yours.

Hey, there's nothing wrong with that!

The thing is, I have a hard time reading full passages in bold type at size 3 font, so I tend to skim. I remembered the part about the lasers but not what happened to the old unit.

Well I DO own these lovely boots......

Actually nice catch there, Vic. Symp is the only role I've never had that I would love to kick ass with. Someday.....

When you mod your own game here and it doesn't have a symp we'll all be dissapointed.

I am back early today! Woohoo.

I'm going to read DPR's scenes more carefully because they're so long, but I had to comment on the idea that we had a night phase for no reason. I don't see how a complete waste of everyone's time would mix things up and make it more fun for the mod.

Not to mention, DPR said that people should send in their night actions ... and made the comment about the night phase being almost over (which I assume means he was waiting on night actions).

Get over yourself.

We beat ourselves that game. All we needed was one vote from JiF on drunk crusher, and he kills CTM, Sharrow and he's dead.

I28=DPR's stepbrother.

Get over myself?

I love that I am now getting criticized by the biggest ****ing drama queen ever....

"Hmmm, I didn't get my way. I think I'll **** up the game for everyone who put their time and energy into it. Oh, whoa is me... whoa is me... now everyone is mad at me... I shall never play this game again. sob.... sobbbbb.... " (Until the next one.) :rolleyes:

When you mod your own game here and it doesn't have a symp we'll all be dissapointed.

When I mod here, there has to be the role of a leather-clad dominatrix. Wonder which one of you manly men will get it?

:bwahaharoll:

It seems like general consensus is that talking too much about game setups is pointless and will only muddy the waters. I don't have a strong grasp of game balance and the types of roles out there, but I do think it's helpful to take a close look at what the mod says, especially with these long passages that may contain clues.

For those of you that don't want to spend too much time speculating about game setups, for myself (and Slats, if he's town, hehe) it'll at least be helpful in the future to look back at these points.

From the opening post, these sections interest me ...

5. Hiding your presence online will not matter. heh

Is this just because we've been using the quick threads instead of PMing? Really, it's the "heh" that has me curious about any other possible reasons for it. Of course, I may be reading too much into it, and I'm aware this could be one of those cases where the town can't imagine what's going on behind the scenes.

"You think this is just a game? There are alien hunters out there! They can be invisible! They have infrared vision, and laser guided weapons! They are hunters, and they never give up! If you don't listen, you are all going to die!"

These could be clues about the types of powers the scum may have, although this description seems fairly basic. Invisibility and infrared vision could mean some sort of watching/tracking/investigating ability, and the rest points to NKing ability.

Archived