2 biggest nonstories of S1mmer 2010

Bugg

Soccer sucks. Europe Sucks. Soccer puts those together...no thanks.

As for the rest of the world? Obviously they have no taste or brains. It's not my problem they can't see the greatness of FOOTBALL or the Jets. Too bad.

Nice defenition of ignorance.

Also, why is American football even ****ing called football?

I love the sport but seriously, makes absolutely no sense.

Nice defenition of ignorance.

Also, why is American football even ****ing called football?

I love the sport but seriously, makes absolutely no sense.

Can you define exactly what is "ignorant" about my post? I don't like most Europeans I have had dealings (like for example...you) with and I find soccer completely and utterly boring.

If hating Europe and Soccer is wrong, I don't want to be right.

Can you define exactly what is "ignorant" about my post?

Saying that people who like soccer (particularly Europeans, it seems) have "no taste or brains" was probably what he felt was the ignorant part. As an American who likes the sport as well as American sports, I agree with him.

I think that many Americans just don't have an affinity to sports that have subtlety. It takes time and patience to be able to understand and appreciate soccer.

Can you define exactly what is "ignorant" about my post? I don't like most Europeans I have had dealings (like for example...you) with and I find soccer completely and utterly boring.

If hating Europe and Soccer is wrong, I don't want to be right.

"Dealings" with people like me (Whatever the **** that means) justifies hating an entire continent of people. So what if you don't like soccer, no one cares. Just don't like the reason it's not popular in America is because Americans are superior. That's pretty much all I could take from your post.

Most people over here (like me) couldn't stay awake through a baseball game but I don't feel the need to insult those who love it.

Saying that people who like soccer (particularly Europeans, it seems) have "no taste or brains" was probably what he felt was the ignorant part. As an American who likes the sport as well as American sports, I agree with him.

I think that many Americans just don't have an affinity to sports that have subtlety. It takes time and patience to be able to understand and appreciate soccer.

Its simply a misuse of the term "ignorant". I have quite a bit of experience with soccer as I played for many years and I simply think its a terribly boring sport. The "no taste or brains" was said tongue-in-cheek which often does not translate well to posts I guess.

Its simply a misuse of the term "ignorant". I have quite a bit of experience with soccer as I played for many years and I simply think its a terribly boring sport. The "no taste or brains" was said tongue-in-cheek which often does not translate well to posts I guess.

Some might say it's ignorant to play a terribly boring sport for many years.

The Ref just gave Ghana the win on a gay slide tackle.

First off, it was a handball in the 18...clearly a person who knows the rules of the sport. I'm a casual soccer fan but love the World Cup because it makes the sport relevant for Americans again. Anybody who is in the camp "well soccer's gay and blah blah blah" should just then stay quiet, and be happy with what American sports are actually playing now (after this week, only MLB). This World Cup is loaded with historical significance, and really brings the entire world together as a whole. If you cared to watch the opening match, or the Ghana match today you see how much the sport is appreciated worldwide. In a places like Barren Island during the Apartheid, soccer was a way for political civil rights leaders to form soccer leagues in prison which eventually became the foundations for the current South African government that followed under Nelson Mandela.

The "soccer's gay" attitude is the reason why it isn't big in the U.S, our national team being ranked #14 in the world and finally derives the overall contempt toward the United States that the rest of the globe has. Instead of embracing something for a month and being open to watching a spot, Americans crap on the idea because they feel it is inferior to their football. Again, I love football but in comparison to futbol there are major diffferences in both, and like it or not futbol is more popular and cared about in the world than football.

First off, it was a handball in the 18...clearly a person who knows the rules of the sport. I'm a casual soccer fan but love the World Cup because it makes the sport relevant for Americans again. Anybody who is in the camp "well soccer's gay and blah blah blah" should just then stay quiet, and be happy with what American sports are actually playing now (after this week, only MLB). This World Cup is loaded with historical significance, and really brings the entire world together as a whole. If you cared to watch the opening match, or the Ghana match today you see how much the sport is appreciated worldwide. In a places like Barren Island during the Apartheid, soccer was a way for political civil rights leaders to form soccer leagues in prison which eventually became the foundations for the current South African government that followed under Nelson Mandela.

The "soccer's gay" attitude is the reason why it isn't big in the U.S, our national team being ranked #14 in the world and finally derives the overall contempt toward the United States that the rest of the globe has. Instead of embracing something for a month and being open to watching a spot, Americans crap on the idea because they feel it is inferior to their football. Again, I love football but in comparison to futbol there are major diffferences in both, and like it or not futbol is more popular and cared about in the world than football.

I watched the entire game yesterday, than you very much.

And the way Ghana won this morning was brutal. The flopping is over the top and I think its gay...it clearly does not hurt when you get tripped up, get up and continue playing. That aspect of the sport bothers me.

I watched the entire game yesterday, than you very much.

And the way Ghana won this morning was brutal. The flopping is over the top and I think its gay...it clearly does not hurt when you get tripped up, get up and continue playing. That aspect of the sport bothers me.

No doubt that is the one thing that bothers me too are the over-dramatics of the sport, but in some regards it is done strategically. Example: When somebody goes down late in the 2nd half to give their teammates a water break.

Archived