2 biggest nonstories of S1mmer 2010

Bugg

1. Revis/Mangold/Harris/Dbrick's Contract situation and a possible holdout-DON'T CARE. Let us all know if one of these guys won't be in the starting lineup in Septmebr due to contract squabbles. Otherwise, DGAF.

2. Where Lebron James will sign-Unless you are in Lebron James' kitchen and have inside knowledge you media people are full of sheet until 7/1/10. Ergo, STFU.

Suspect based on a listen to 1050 today for about 45 minutes I will be listening to my ipod more often. These 2 topics had to be 90% of their programming, and substantvely there is nothiong to really say about either.

If Lebron goes to the Clippers I'll start following basketball again. Not that I am or ever was a Clipper fan, but it would be nice to see a Team like the Clippers do some damage, kinda like the Pirates of baseball. Hate to see the same teams all the time. Thats why I stopped watching basketball.

I have sat through 11 years of basketball hell. I've waited patiently, stuck by my team, and put up with one heartbreaking season after another. I've sat idly by and dealt with incompetence that would make BP executives laugh, contracts that make Bradway's Pennington extension look like a genius move, and coaches who make Rich Kotite or Joe Walton look like innovators.

I've done all of this because I'm a loyal fan, and because I knew that there'd be some light at the end of the tunnel eventually. And if you think that Lebron James being a free agent, along with several other beasts of the league, is a non-story, then you're a soulless bastard who's slipped into nothing short of sheer lunacy.

I have sat through 11 years of basketball hell. I've waited patiently, stuck by my team, and put up with one heartbreaking season after another. I've sat idly by and dealt with incompetence that would make BP executives laugh, contracts that make Bradway's Pennington extension look like a genius move, and coaches who make Rich Kotite or Joe Walton look like innovators.

I've done all of this because I'm a loyal fan, and because I knew that there'd be some light at the end of the tunnel eventually. And if you think that Lebron James being a free agent, along with several other beasts of the league, is a non-story, then you're a soulless bastard who's slipped into nothing short of sheer lunacy.

The Knicks are so bad right now, they celebrate the 90's teams that never won anything like they were the dynasty Celtics.

And if Hue Hollins doesnt make the BS call on Hubert Davis, the Knicks never even go to the Finals.

The Knicks are so bad right now, they celebrate the 90's teams that never won anything like they were the dynasty Celtics.

And if Hue Hollins doesnt make the BS call on Hubert Davis, the Knicks never even go to the Finals.

Thank you for sharing this incredibly relevant insight.

Thank you for sharing this incredibly relevant insight.

How is it not relevant? The Knicks are a joke. The way the franchise is run, the self promotion of winning nothing in the 90's and now the "push" for Lebron.

The Knicks aint gettin Lebron. As long as Dolan is the owner, nothing is happening.

I've been a fan forever, but the Kotite Jets had more hope than this team.

Uh oh. I think he might come and attack you and force you to apologize. As long as it doesn't cause his head band to slip. Where did he get that thing? I bet it was Claire's down at the mall.

Oh crap! I gay bashed.

I apologize that someone was offended by my comments. In no way did I mean to type something that someone somewhere would be offended by. I cannot control what others think or believe, so I will have to closely monitor my comments from here forward.In fact, I have a lot of gay friends. Max, 124, and the JN mod team. I hope they are a little smarter and dont get offended by my typing. In closing, I wish my gay opponents all the best and hope one day they pull their head out of their boyfriends ass to see that I did nothing wrong.

Lionel_Messi_Barcelon.jpg

Look at this athlete

4857860.jpg

lima0227.jpg

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Also, funny you bring up Messi. He's gay because he has long hair? Guy is one of the most skilled athletes in the world, if not the most skillful.

4857860.jpg

lima0227.jpg

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Also, funny you bring up Messi. He's gay because he has long hair? Guy is one of the most skilled athletes in the world, if not the most skillful.

Skilled athlete Ive never heard of. Good for him. He's still gay.

Until 7/1, it's all pointless speculation.

What will be a big story is of Lebron after 7/1 opts to not take he Dolans' money. Until then, it's alll BS.

How is it not relevant? The Knicks are a joke. The way the franchise is run, the self promotion of winning nothing in the 90's and now the "push" for Lebron.

The Knicks aint gettin Lebron. As long as Dolan is the owner, nothing is happening.

I've been a fan forever, but the Kotite Jets had more hope than this team.

The NBA is ridiculously marketing-conscious, almost to the detriment of the actual games. And this is more of that. This is a story; that where this guy signs is more dependent on a NY franchise ditching several seasons for only the chance, not the certainty, of signing him. And how that to many in the media this 7/1 thing is a bigger story than the NBA Finals. We've had Knicks fans rejoicing over salary cap managment for the last 2 years over winning real NBA games. Oh, joy.

Which is an example of salary caps being nonsense. Either management stinks or it knows what it's doing. Suspect whether they do or don't sign James, they will at least be more competitive under better management under Walsh. Certainly signing James would spped up things. Though Dolan coul still eff that up.

Until 7/1, it's all pointless speculation...Until then, it's alll BS.

It's all I have.

...they will at least be more competitive under better management under Walsh.

Bold, bold statement. Especially since everything he's done from a non-salary dumping standpoint been ridiculously suspect. I weep uncontrollably when I think about the front court we should have been putting on the floor this year. Say what you want about Isiah's retardation, but the dude at the very least could draft.

Soccer sucks. Europe Sucks. Soccer puts those together...no thanks.

As for the rest of the world? Obviously they have no taste or brains. It's not my problem they can't see the greatness of FOOTBALL or the Jets. Too bad.

Germany is the lone exception. They LOVE American football over there. And David Hasselhoff.

It's all I have.

Bold, bold statement. Especially since everything he's done from a non-salary dumping standpoint been ridiculously suspect. I weep uncontrollably when I think about the front court we should have been putting on the floor this year. Say what you want about Isiah's retardation, but the dude at the very least could draft.

One thing that should be of concern-this Mike D'antonio guy is not really big on defense. And defense in the NBA is 1. a must if you want to have shot once in the playoffs and 2. as much about effort and gameplanning as talent. And it doesn't currently seem to be something they care about. Still Walsh based on what he did in Indy is still superior to Thomas.

FInd it tremendously odd Knicks fans have, at times happily, watched 2+ years of dumping games and salary on the not entirely sure thing of Lebron coming to MSG.

He's not gay because he has long hair. He's gay because he wears that ridiculous Hannah Montana hair clip.

FInd it tremendously odd Knicks fans have, at times happily, watched 2+ years of dumping games and salary on the not entirely sure thing of Lebron coming to MSG.

Maybe because for more than 2+ years before that we watched the team dumping games for no reason at all.

Archived