Javy's past 40 innings

Blackout

Hey Sox fans, don't get your panties in a bunch...I must have hit a tender spot. Seems kind of strange the guy was **** all last season and the first couple of months this year and all of a sudden, he's back.

David Ortiz led the majors in HRs after June last season. But, you're right. He was four stars. And the first couple months of this year? Try just April. Some players, especially older ones start slower. At least have some passing knowledge of what you speak of before you just say things.

David Ortiz led the majors in HRs after June last season. But, you're right. He was four stars. And the first couple months of this year? Try just April. Some players, especially older ones start slower. At least have some passing knowledge of what you speak of before you just say things.

Wait, maybe I missed all the hoopla surrounding this guy. Are you telling me there wasn't talk of sitting this guy and even perhaps cutting him?

Let's get back on topic here...Javy has been solid. This move is looking good.

I have always said his last time here I liked him a lot. The results were terrible but I go back to his last game in the playoffs. He comes in for Kevin Brown. When Javy was done (and the Yankees were done as well) he sat on the bench. Kevin Brown? He was in the locker room.

That spoke volumes to me. Javy took his lumps and faced adversity with toughness. I am glad he is back here.

Wait, maybe I missed all the hoopla surrounding this guy. Are you telling me there wasn't talk of sitting this guy and even perhaps cutting him?

Talk by the media and fans. Sure. Talk by the people behind the scenes that actually make decisions? I have no idea. That's why people in those jobs have those jobs.

I have always said his last time here I liked him a lot. The results were terrible but I go back to his last game in the playoffs. He comes in for Kevin Brown. When Javy was done (and the Yankees were done as well) he sat on the bench. Kevin Brown? He was in the locker room.

That spoke volumes to me. Javy took his lumps and faced adversity with toughness. I am glad he is back here.

He is a better NL itcher then AL pitcher Max. Can you honestly say you would not be $hitting bricks if the Yankees season was on the line and he had to take the mound against a good team?

A 5+ era is solid? He hasn't pitched all that well until lately and that has been against average or below average line-ups. He never has pitched all that great in the AL. He dodges good teams or when he does go against them he gets hammered. I suppose he's fine for a 5th starter, but I don't think he was brought to New York to be the 5th starter.

Talk by the media and fans. Sure. Talk by the people behind the scenes that actually make decisions? I have no idea. That's why people in those jobs have those jobs.

Like I said in other threads CC...they don't make "homers" more than you. What else do fans have to go on, but what they hear from the media. Unless of course fans like you that have an "in" when it comes to your beloved sox.

He was destined for no man's land CC...if you want to believe otherwise, have had it...like Max said, back on topic...Javy for Cy Young.

He is a better NL itcher then AL pitcher Max. Can you honestly say you would not be $hitting bricks if the Yankees season was on the line and he had to take the mound against a good team?

better NL than AL??

better tell the White Sox that

A 5+ era is solid? He hasn't pitched all that well until lately and that has been against average or below average line-ups. He never has pitched all that great in the AL. He dodges good teams or when he does go against them he gets hammered. I suppose he's fine for a 5th starter, but I don't think he was brought to New York to be the 5th starter.

He was here to be the 4th or 5th. They Yanks didnt give up much to get him.

This was discussed a bit below. But he was brought here to be the # 4 guy. Last postseason the Yankees didn't have a #4 guy. Hughes\Joba were slated for the # 5.

Hughes right now has made this a non-issue. As good as Javy has been if the postseason started today, he wouldn't be in the rotation.

I think they call that stacked.

He was brought here to be the 5th. But since the guy who was the 5th is almost leading the AL in wins, he slid down one spot.

Boy Cashman sure does have some egg on his face now. :-P

This was discussed a bit below. But he was brought here to be the # 4 guy. Last postseason the Yankees didn't have a #4 guy. Hughes\Joba were slated for the # 5.

Hughes right now has made this a non-issue. As good as Javy has been if the postseason started today, he wouldn't be in the rotation.

I think they call that stacked.

He hasn't been good. Period.

If Pettitte hadn't found the fountain of youth and Hughes hadn't been a revelation, the Yankees would be in trouble and he would be the focal point as to why. None of that happened, so the Yankees don't have worry about trotting him out there every 5th day, or 6th or whenever he can avoid a good line-up.

If Pettitte hadn't found the fountain of youth and Hughes hadn't been a revelation, the Yankees would be in trouble and he would be the focal point as to why. None of that happened, so the Yankees don't have worry about trotting him out there every 5th day, or 6th or whenever he can avoid a good line-up.

If Beckett didn't suck this year, if Lackey wasn't a bust, if Cameron wasn't old

Blah blah blah

Okay not sure if you are playing grammar police or not but Javy has been good lately. He started off terrible and has pitched good lately.

If Beckett didn't suck this year, if Lackey wasn't a bust, if Cameron wasn't old

Blah blah blah

I don't understand what your post is trying to say JonE. Do you actually have a point?

Beckett has been hurt. Lackey has been underwhelming, but it's only been two months and it's hardly enough time to call him a bust. Cameron is old and has been injured. Ellsbury has been injured. Hermida and Dice-K are down now. Lester started off slow. So did Papi and Drew. And pretty much the entire team for the month of April. And they've played a much more difficult schedule.

All of that and the Sox are only 4 back. Crazy.

I don't understand what your post is trying to say JonE. Do you actually have a point?

Beckett has been hurt. Lackey has been underwhelming, but it's only been two months and it's hardly enough time to call him a bust. Cameron is old and has been injured. Ellsbury has been injured. Hermida and Dice-K are down now. Lester started off slow. So did Papi and Drew. And pretty much the entire team for the month of April. And they've played a much more difficult schedule.

just wait 'til C.C. hits his stride this summer

He has been solid lately against mediocre to below average teams, yes. Has he been good on the whole? No.

After Javy's slow start he has been good. He is the Yankees 5th starter.

The Yankees are in 1st place.

Glad we had this talk.

And the first couple months of this year? Try just April. Some players, especially older ones start slower. At least have some passing knowledge of what you speak of before you just say things.

Are you talking about Teixiera?

Is there any pitcher that is a better AL pitcher than NL pitcher? There is no such ****ing thing.

He was brought here to be the #4. He's the #5 now. Oh how the mighty have fallen!

Fountain of youth? Sure Pettitte is lights out this year, but he was an excellent #3 in '09. Maybe you can claim that Javy was an insurance policy that didn't work out so well, but he's replacing Meat-Tray. I don't know about you but I'm a little more comfortable with Javy than Mitre.

Is there any pitcher that is a better AL pitcher than NL pitcher? There is no such ****ing thing.

Point taken.

Javy is JAG in the AL. Like Penny and Smoltzie and any other number of pitchers.

Excuses are like *******s pal.

HUH???

What the ***** are you talking about

What is hard to understand? The teams that the Red Sox have played thus far have better records than the teams the Yankees have played. I thought something this simple even you could comprehend.

Excuses are like *******s pal.

I thought it was opinions. And, technically not everyone in the world has an a-hole.

What is hard to understand? The teams that the Red Sox have played thus far have better records than the teams the Yankees have played. I thought something this simple even you could comprehend.

I thought it was opinions. And, technically not everyone in the world has an a-hole.

And at the end of the day, it all becomes a wash...sox aren't making the playoffs and it's not because of a schedule, they just aren't good enough.

Archived