It is weird to see

4HCrew

all of the Jets Super Bowl predictions in fantasy football magazines.. usually it is Colts vs whoever Pats vs whoever, now there is a lot of Jets talk... hopefully this is a special year and gang green can live up to the hype

all of the Jets Super Bowl predictions in fantasy football magazines.. usually it is Colts vs whoever Pats vs whoever, now there is a lot of Jets talk... hopefully this is a special year and gang green can live up to the hype

Just hope its not 1999 all over again ugh. The worst part of that season was finishing 6-2 and looking like the best team in the league in the 2nd half.

It is weird.

I cant count the number of times someone has found out I'm a Jets fan and told me they think we are winning the SB.

I always respond with, "I know better than to believe that".

What is potentially even weirder is how angry these same people will be at you if the Jets don't win the Super Bowl as if you are personally responsible for it. :confused0082:

I hope we don't say Kellen Clemens? Really? I have more confidence in Erik Ainge than I do in Brunnell, Clemens or O'Connell add Brad Smith to that list

The '99 team was all about Testaverde. He got hurt, and everyone knew the season was over.

The Super Bowl hype for this team is way overblown, IMHO. I like the makeup, and I'm pretty excited about a couple of the new additions... but there's a lot resting on the shoulders of Sanchez. He showed improvement at the end of last year, but I didn't see championship caliber play from him.

The upside of that is the fact that this team is really not dependent on any one player, and that if one of their backups can step up, the team should be able to win more games than they lose.

I'd add Ainge to the list of guys I have no confidence in at all. I'm really hoping to see something impressive from O'Connell this summer. He's the only potential backup that I haven't already soured on from that list. Lol!

Right now, I'd take Brad Smith for a game over any of them. For an extended period? I have no idea.

The '99 team was all about Testaverde. He got hurt, and everyone knew the season was over.

........... but there's a lot resting on the shoulders of Sanchez. He showed improvement at the end of last year, but I didn't see championship caliber play from him.

I think there's more than a little hype too Slats, but the difference between this year and '99 is the defense. This team is close to having the capability of holding most of it's opponents to >17 ppg. It's also going to give the Jet's good field position on turn overs many times. I'm not saying we don't need a solid QB, but if our run game is even near to last year's, we aren't going to live or die on passing TD's or TD's set up by big pass plays.

The one statement that Rex has made repeatedly since becoming our coach, in light of all the boasts of high expectations... is this:

"We'll see what happens."

I couldn't agree more. Predictions? Meh. Hype? No.

Right now it is all about expectations, and whether or not this group of players, coaches and fans even can meet them.

I hope we don't say Kellen Clemens? Really? I have more confidence in Erik Ainge than I do in Brunnell, Clemens or O'Connell add Brad Smith to that list

Has Ainge even played in the regular season? I've seen Kellen win a couple games.

Once a decade we go through this. I know how it ends, but fear not. I won't ruin it for any of you.

Life's a journey, not a destination. Enjoy the trip and worry about the ending later. Hell, we're all going to die. Yet we still love the journey.

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="

"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

Life's a journey, not a destination. Enjoy the trip and worry about the ending later. Hell, we're all going to die. Yet we still love the journey.

"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

:1cry: tears of joy. I didnt know you were so poetic panda boy lol.

Or nobody dies and the screen just goes black. ;)

:1cry: tears of joy. I didnt know you were so poetic panda boy lol.

Every bad boy has his soft side.

Archived