Darrelle Revis Holdout: MERGED

JonEJet

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If more info doesn't come out at some point today, I'm going to start second guessing Cowlishaw is what I was saying.

Not sure what you'd expect to come out. The two sides have agreed to a complete media blackout...Even if a deal is imminent, either side going to the media could destroy any progress on the spot. Im surprised Cowlishaw learned of this info...And I hope his reporting hasnt set back a deal if one is/was imminent.

Also, if you heard Cowlishaw speak yesterday, you heard what he said about a player holding out for more until a certain date. He's guessing that date is Wednesday. On Weds morning if the Jets dont raise their offer, whcih Im assuming they wont, Revis and his agents will call the Jets and agree to their best offer (reported to be 10 year 122 million). We'll have to wait till Hardknocks airs tomorrow before his report can be legitmately refuted or confirmed.

He faked an injury and laughed about it.

The absolute worst thing the guy has done on or off the field since signing with the Jets.

Should we nail him to a cross? Or is that too good for him?

Not sure what you'd expect to come out. The two sides have agreed to a complete media blackout...Even if a deal is imminent, either side going to the media could destroy any progress on the spot. Im surprised Cowlishaw learned of this info...And I hope his reporting hasnt set back a deal if one is/was imminent.

I understand the media blackout thing.

But in todays day and age I find it hard to believe it will go from 40M apart to a done deal without a peep in between besides some columnist from Dallas. Every deal that happens you'll hear something, rumblings, something. And I can gaurentee every Jets beat writer has spent the better part of the past 2 days trying to figure out what Cowlishaw knows or even just who his source is.

Is it possible for nothing to come out, I guess. But I'll be second guessing Cowlishaw after today if nothing leaks out from somwhere else.

The absolute worst thing the guy has done on or off the field since signing with the Jets.

Slats, I was responding to the notion that Revis hasn't done or said anything wrong. Thats not true.

If you don't think its a big deal thats fine. I never agreed with any holdout that's ever happened, and of the guys that have faked injuries - in doing so they had the decency to not laugh about it when being questioned. So yes it did strike a chord with me, thats when it went from being business between player and owner to player being disrespectful to everyone involved teammates, fans, etc.

Just because Revis has been quiet and played awesome his whole career doesn't mean he's a good guy.

No perhaps we should pretend like it never happened.

Not that you are.

Too good for him, even Peter went upside down.

Slats, I was responding to the notion that Revis hasn't done or said anything wrong. Thats not true.

If you don't think its a big deal thats fine. I never agreed with any holdout that's ever happened, and of the guys that have faked injuries - in doing so they had the decency to not laugh about it when being questioned. So yes it did strike a chord with me, thats when it went from being business between player and owner to player being disrespectful to everyone involved teammates, fans, etc.

Just because Revis has been quiet and played awesome his whole career doesn't mean he's a good guy.

On that same note though, just because he is holding out doesnt make him a BAD guy either. At least not until he misses the Ravens game haha

Not that I agree with anything he is doing though, I'm not saying that. I just feel as fans there is a business part we will never understand, albeit an UGLY part.

No but lying and being greedy and disrespectful does.

Agree to an extent. I edited my above post, I just dont think we will ever truly understand. I just hope hes back on the field shutting down star receivers soon. (Without crippling the team for the next 10 years)

No but lying and being greedy and disrespectful does.

Everyone's greedy. The Jets are greedy for wanting the best CB in the league for the least amount of money they can sign him for. The fans are greedy for just wanting to see Revis play regardless of what he makes. Everyone wants what's best for themselves.

I think if he could take that fake injury back, he would. I really believe that. He knows that was wrong. It was childish and uncalled for. But it does need to be put in the perspective that it's the absolute worst thing he's done on or off the field in a Jets uniform. The guy is certainly a risk to holdout the day after he signs his next contract, but he's not a risk to get suspended by the league, or even have a bad practice due to a hangover. The guy's a complete pro once he straps on the cleats, and a relative choir boy off the field, despite his blossoming rap career. laugh.gif

Everyone's greedy. The Jets are greedy for wanting the best CB in the league for the least amount of money they can sign him for. The fans are greedy for just wanting to see Revis play regardless of what he makes. Everyone wants what's best for themselves.

I think if he could take that fake injury back, he would. I really believe that. He knows that was wrong. It was childish and uncalled for. But it does need to be put in the perspective that it's the absolute worst thing he's done on or off the field in a Jets uniform. The guy is certainly a risk to holdout the day after he signs his next contract, but he's not a risk to get suspended by the league, or even have a bad practice due to a hangover. The guy's a complete pro once he straps on the cleats, and a relative choir boy off the field, despite his blossoming rap career. laugh.gif

Theres a written document and at the end of it you will find Revis' signature that agrees with it. Jets were so greedy they tore that up and decided to give him more money.

Greedy bastards.

That was on his rookie deal though. ;)

ok - this is vague, but on 1050am - per Don La Greca - - a financial guy tied to the agent for Revis says he will sign Thursday - backs up Cowlishaw's claim

anyone else listening can elaborate - - i heard the tale end of the story...

Theres a written document and at the end of it you will find Revis' signature that agrees with it. Jets were so greedy they tore that up and decided to give him more money.

I don't see how that reflects well on the Jets. They offered Revis new paper, and now they're pissy because they bit off more than they could chew.

I don't see how that reflects well on the Jets. They offered Revis new paper, and now they're pissy because they bit off more than they could chew.

Slats said Jets were being Greedy and I defending the Jets on that point.

The Jets tried to do the right thing, Revis saw an inch and is trying to take a mile. Why can't we just do like 100 yards or something.

Hell yeah, its lookin like thursday! Still not 100% but better than just a single report!

Ha, you know that moment when your bold prediction comes true and you just wanna scream I told you so.

I TOLD YOU SO.

Well, not a big deal - but yeah I needed someone else to confirm this to keep believing Cowlishaw.

Ha, you know that moment when your bold prediction comes true and you just wanna scream I told you so.

I TOLD YOU SO.

Well, not a big deal - but yeah I needed someone else to confirm this to keep believing Cowlishaw.

haha I'm sure we'll get more info on Hard Knocks tomorrow, probably even by tomorrow morning.

Archived