Darrelle Revis Holdout: MERGED

JonEJet

More on Bob Pompeani born in alliquippa just like darrelle and got the first interview with Big Ben after his last charge sounds credible to me.

Again, he didn't report it for sure...Just mentioned it on his twitter as an unconfirmed rumor he heard. We're gonna have to play the waiting game tomorrow...This back and forth will go on pretty much the entire day Id imagine... By the time HK airs we should all know much more, whether its good or bad news.

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good for Revis. Nice to see football players fighting for and getting a bigger piece of that huge pie that owners hoard for themselves. Owners cake compared to the chump change players make, and it's nice that players are fighting for a closer to fair share.

Good for Revis. Nice to see football players fighting for and getting a bigger piece of that huge pie that owners hoard for themselves. Owners cake compared to the chump change players make, and it's nice that players are fighting for a closer to fair share.

Wow so they agreed on term and compensation w/ guaranteed money without it being solely on the organizations terms.

What a concept!

I mean after all, the commodity isnt the organization, but the talent...and this is business. Revis understood that his demand was high.

Yeah, cause that's the best place to get sports news... slipperybananna.com Impeccable reputation.

Ok, funny thing, this guy does this little trick.. he adds "NEW YORK -" in front of the post. That gives it the impression that it's copied and pasted from a news site or the AP. (If it were, it really should be attributed, so that would be bad in one sense). However, if you copy and paste that text, no other results show up on search engine. Meaning he's almost trying to make it look more legit than it is.

Couple more things: first of all, I wish all new threads with the word Revis in them were temporarily suspended until we get confirmation. Saying "Revis finally signs" with a link to %$(*&$Q#*&$#*& SLIPPERYBANANNA is %(*$&*$#*&#$870 BULL%*&$. Have some common decency people

Second, Mort's later tweet

"Before I go to bed, let me set the record straight once more: We haven't "shot down" reports on Revis; Jets deny it; we can't confirm." <--- Nice job covering!

Wow so they agreed on term and compensation w/ guaranteed money without it being solely on the organizations terms.

What a concept!

I mean after all, the commodity isnt the organization, but the talent...and this is business. Revis understood that his demand was high.

No great for the organization too...positive vibes all around....I just like seeing the players get paid.

Hard Knocks will be watched tonight like never before...to see Rex plant a wet sloppy one on Darelle...

WetKiss.jpg

Cowlishaw is the real reporter that shines in this Revis contract Saga. All the beat writers and NFL pundits that were clueless...ended up with...

th_egg-on-face1.jpg

It's not final yet, not even CLOSE. As far as some are concerned, there wasn't even a meeting last night.

35 guests in a rumor thread at 6:30am. I think HBO should be paying half of this contract, that is how good the ratings are going to be tonight for Hard Knocks.

this is getting ridiculous....almost annoying like Favre and Lebron

this is getting ridiculous....almost annoying like Favre and Lebron

My fear is that if this doesn't get done today, it is going to be REALLY bad. Hopefully the contract is done, Revis comes back and they can get back to worrying about football.

If these leaks were orchestrated by either site, wow. The fallout from that would be really bad.

My fear is that if this doesn't get done today, it is going to be REALLY bad. Hopefully the contract is done, Revis comes back and they can get back to worrying about football.

If these leaks were orchestrated by either site, wow. The fallout from that would be really bad.

I could not agree more...the fallout will be a nightmare

I really don't think it's a Hard Knocks thing. It's more like Cowlishaw said <I think> in that Revis told his agent that he has no problem missing training camp and the first 2 preseason games, but he wants to be signed by the 3rd game because that is the all important play 3 quarters game.

If there was no HK this year, all would still be the same.

I really don't think it's a Hard Knocks thing. It's more like Cowlishaw said <I think> in that Revis told his agent that he has no problem missing training camp and the first 2 preseason games, but he wants to be signed by the 3rd game because that is the all important play 3 quarters game.

Exactly. Hard Knocks just gives them a place that's more prominent to announce it and it also serves as a major FU to all the naysaying beat writers which is not a bad thing IMO.

Exactly. Hard Knocks just gives them a place that's more prominent to announce it and it also serves as a major FU to all the naysaying beat writers which is not a bad thing IMO.

Adam_Schefter RT @SI_RossTucker: My Sirius Co-Host Bob Papa, who works for HBO, said sources tell him nothing going on with Revis tonight on Hard Knocks.

Adam_Schefter RT @SI_RossTucker: My Sirius Co-Host Bob Papa, who works for HBO, said sources tell him nothing going on with Revis tonight on Hard Knocks.

Yes because the Hard Knocks producers would really leak it to the boxing after dark guy who also works for a sattellite radio station. :rolleyes:

If they are trying to pull something like this off, I am sure producers probably had all staffers who would need to know this sign some kind of confidentiality agreement.

This has the potential to be the worst day of my life.

Too much money if true, AND if this is announced on HardKnocks this organization just turned into a mockery.

If those numbers are even close to correct, Revis and his agents basically threw Woody down on a pool table and Jodie Fostered him. If that dink decides to put his bitch-smacking on Hard Knocks, he's dopier than we already think he is.

Hey do Revis or his agent do any of that twitter crap (and do any of you follow it?)

He needs to add this to his list of demands:

...and change the stadium name to "JETS Stadium"

Then, as a fan, I'll be cool with him coming back. (I'd be cool with it anyhow, but this would be a neat demand, and great PR!)

Yeah that's it, Revis REALLY wants to play in the 3rd preseason game. "Gieger call the suits, the boys are playing 3 whole quarters of fake football and I can't miss it - **** the money and my starving children."

Yes because the Hard Knocks producers would really leak it to the boxing after dark guy who also works for a sattellite radio station. :rolleyes:

If they are trying to pull something like this off, I am sure producers probably had all staffers who would need to know this sign some kind of confidentiality agreement.

IF this is a Hard Knocks stunt what purpose would it serve to keep it a secret? It must really help ratings to have a big announcement that nobody knows about. It's in HBO's interest to make people think that it is going to be announced on Hard Knocks when it's not. Not the other way around.

IF this is a Hard Knocks stunt what purpose would it serve to keep it a secret? It must really help ratings to have a big announcement that nobody knows about. It's in HBO's interest to make people think that it is going to be announced on Hard Knocks when it's not. Not the other way around.

That's what I was saying the other day. The people that are going to watch aren't goin to change.

Yes, it's in their interest for people to THINK its going to happen on the show.

If you know its going to happen there is no need to watch it.

Archived