Why is Woody sitting down with Jeremy Schaap?

Matt39

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thats because those people don't know any better.

I'm all for having an opinion and bringing fact to the table to back it up. But can't stand people screaming to 'Just pay the man'. There's a reason the Jets are doing what they're doing. They're not trying to pull one over on anyone.

Ahh...the classic "they don't agree with me so they don't know what they're talking about" message board response ;)

It's not that my friends are saying "pay the man whatever he wants", it's more that they don't trust anything the owner and GM have said because, well, they've never been honest with the fan base before. My friends/coworkers aren't ready to get the pitchforks with Revis' name on them without having all the facts and, despite what you say and think, no one on these boards knows what's been offerred by either side.

Ahh...the classic "they don't agree with me so they don't know what they're talking about" message board response ;)

It's not that my friends are saying "pay the man whatever he wants", it's more that they don't trust anything the owner and GM have said because, well, they've never been honest with the fan base before. My friends/coworkers aren't ready to get the pitchforks with Revis' name on them without having all the facts and, despite what you say and think, no one on these boards knows what's been offerred by either side.

You obviously didn't understand my post.

If you're for paying the guy and ruining the Jets for the next 10 years I'm fine with that as long as you bring reason. If you're just screaming 'Pay the man' because you bought Revis Jersey 2 weeks ago - well then your an *******.

I have season tix in the LL and I've been a fan for 30 years. Still, I'm not happy about the manner in which the organization has basically stratified the attending fanbase, separating and segregating lifelong fans by their bank accounts. It's most obvious in the parking lots, where people who spend the most get the best parking spaces. Really? What was wrong with first come first served? the financial caste system is everywhere in the new stadium. For Jets fans more than Giants fans.

Im not gonna say woody's broke... but according to Forbes latest rankings the team has 68% debt to value. The team is valued over a Bil. That means Woody has debt in the high hundreds of millions on this stadium. 9 figures of debt.

Yes, the team privately financed their share of the construction of a $1.6b stadium and, as a result, have a large amount of debt.

Thanks for the breaking news, that's not even a factor as to why they're not giving Revis a blank check.

I have season tix in the LL and I've been a fan for 30 years. Still, I'm not happy about the manner in which the organization has basically stratified the attending fanbase, separating and segregating lifelong fans by their bank accounts. It's most obvious in the parking lots, where people who spend the most get the best parking spaces. Really? What was wrong with first come first served? the financial caste system is everywhere in the new stadium. For Jets fans more than Giants fans.

Giants season tickets = all PSL's

Jets season tickets = partial PSL's

If you dropped $60k on PSL's, would you be happy to be getting the same parking privileges as someone who didn't pay a dime upfront and, as a result, has made no long-term commitment to keep buying season tickets?

It's like waiting for a table at a 5-star restaurant that you've never been to before, only to watch a guy who has been dining there twice a month for 5 years be seated immediately after walking through the door. Sure, you might have become a regular customer, buy why risk losing one that is sure to give you regular business?

PS - This is coming from someone who is moving to the uppers after having lower level seats for years.

What is this clown shoe doing?

Not for nothing...but at least Revis isnt whoring himself in front of the cameras. Its crazy to me how the fans have suddenly forgotten how Woody wiped us over the coals with the new stadium(that's going to be quieter than church come game day) and now he's the hero because he's refusing to give the best player the Jets have had since JWN a new deal.

Its bizarre.

Woody wants to be like Steinbrenner. he loves all the attention he gets. other wise he would just be another rich guy.

Im not gonna say woody's broke... but according to Forbes latest rankings the team has 68% debt to value. The team is valued over a Bil. That means Woody has debt in the high hundreds of millions on this stadium. 9 figures of debt.

I'm no CPA but perhaps there is a cross over between investment in labor and capital expenditures.

He over paid for the Jets. they were only worth 200 million in 2000..but him and Dolan had a bidding war that drove that to 600 million. he wants his money back that he over paid for. and he doesnt care how he gets it back.

Most fans already are behind him, and the longer MEvi$ holds out the fewer supporters he'll have.

He has 3 years left on his contract. The worst message we can send to the players is that they can sit out with THREE years left on their contract and get REWARDED for it. Screw that. I think you'll find most of us are on FO's side here. Yes he deserves to get a pay bump, but he's under contract for THREE years can you imagine if we have to go through this BS every year with him, then next year it's Mangold, next year it's Sanchez or Harris or whatever. NO WAY. GET TO CAMP YOU ARE UNDER CONTRACT!!!!!!!

Woody is a moron who chokes on his silver spoon every chance he gets. I've been told bby multiple people that have interviewed him that he's an out-of-touch buffoon along the lines of a Jim Dolan. The more he speaks publicly, the less credibilty this franchise will have.

He has 3 years left on his contract. The worst message we can send to the players is that they can sit out with THREE years left on their contract and get REWARDED for it. Screw that. I think you'll find most of us are on FO's side here. Yes he deserves to get a pay bump, but he's under contract for THREE years can you imagine if we have to go through this BS every year with him, then next year it's Mangold, next year it's Sanchez or Harris or whatever. NO WAY. GET TO CAMP YOU ARE UNDER CONTRACT!!!!!!!

I know, I was saying most people were on the FO's side, not MEvi$'.

Do people here really believe that the stadium will be silent on MNF? I couldn't imagine such a thing no matter what the price of a ticket would cost. You're out of your mind...

When the Redskins moved from rfk to fed ex field and the fan base became corporate. the crowd got A LOT quieter. now Giants stadium was never as loud as RFK used to be..lol..so who knows what its gonna be like. maybe Rex can make some more phone calls to ask people to be louder again? now that was embarrassing..lmao

Not in the least.

Actually, I'm rooting for it NOT to happen.

The anti-Revis faction is, in fact, rooting for it to happen.

I want the man paid handsomely and back on the field ASAP.

You guys? Well, let's just say you care way too much about your billionaire owner's piggy bank.

has nothing to do with that. has to do with the fact that paying revis what he wants will hamstring this organization ability to sign or re-sign other players. this isn't the new york darelle revis'. it take smore than just a great cb to win. revis, by all accounts, ha snot budged one bit from his demnads to make more money than asomugha. that's ridiculous. if you really want us to pay him that money then you must be ok with losing, because we would be superbowl or bust this year. and if we didn't win the big game then you'd be looking at losing alot of players that we need. the league is not going to remain uncapped.

Woody is a moron who chokes on his silver spoon every chance he gets. I've been told bby multiple people that have interviewed him that he's an out-of-touch buffoon along the lines of a Jim Dolan. The more he speaks publicly, the less credibilty this franchise will have.

Agreed.

Revis is a scumbag.

WHat the hell are you talking about? Corporations own all of the lower level seats, not fans. They're going to be used to entertain clients...most likely threse clients could care less about the acutal game.

Hear that 124? You and I such normal people are now being thought of as big corporations with our lower level seats.

Are you serious Matt39? I mean seriously only a corporation could afford to pay $2,500/5,000 a seat... no normal person could handle such a HUGE amount... lol

Some of you PSL haters are out of your minds.

Hear that 124? You and I such normal people are now being thought of as big corporations with our lower level seats.

Are you serious Matt39? I mean seriously only a corporation could afford to pay $2,500/5,000 a seat... no normal person could handle such a HUGE amount... lol

Some of you PSL haters are out of your minds.

That seems to go hand and hand with the MEvi$ supporters.

Archived