Pats Falcons thread

Matt39

Who do you think pitches or catches- Joe Buck or Fernando Tatis?

BTW Welker is playing. Brady has thrown a bunch of dump passes and underthrew Moss in the endzone. I hate the Patriots offense.

Patriots looked great on both sides of the ball. Looks like another AFC east title is in the works for them.

I was offered a couple bad seats to this game. Do you guys really go to the preseason games? In ATL they are BAD with a capitol B. Not even worth the price of parking on some churches grass for $20.

I hope Jets preseason games are better than this crap.

All I took away from last night's game is Tom Brady looks more faggolicious than ever.

Yeah, he looks flagrantly gay with that hair.

Falcons let him sit in the pocket while he was playing. He'll kill you when you let that happen.

I dont know. I dont see Fred Taylor busting 30 yard TD's on us.

Difference is, consistency. The Pats will be consistent all year long because of Brady/BB. We might take a win from them, but they will win more games because of that duo.

We havent proved we can be a consistent winner. Unfortunately, those sh*theads have. Rex likes to talk a big game, but we need to back it up. And right now, I'm sorry, I dont know how any reasonable Jets fan or Football fan for that matter can bet against a duo that hasnt been beaten but once in the past decade.

Difference is, consistency. The Pats will be consistent all year long because of Brady/BB. We might take a win from them, but they will win more games because of that duo.

We havent proved we can be a consistent winner. Unfortunately, those sh*theads have. Rex likes to talk a big game, but we need to back it up. And right now, I'm sorry, I dont know how any reasonable Jets fan or Football fan for that matter can bet against a duo that hasnt been beaten but once in the past decade.

One preseason performance doesnt take away how bad they looked against a good team last season in the playoffs. The key is getting to Brady once, the guy absolutely does not like getting hit at this point of his career. Jam Welker at the line to take away the quick strikes.

Their defense isnt that good. I think the Jets are the better team right now honestly.

I must be the only one, but I didn't think Brady looked sharp at all. He underthrew Moss on an easy TD where Moss had 2 guys beat. He threw beind Welker for what would have been a huge gain. All his passes looked like they were off the mark for the most part and that was when he got to stand there like a statue all night. ATL put zero pressure on him.

One preseason performance doesnt take away how bad they looked against a good team last season in the playoffs. The key is getting to Brady once, the guy absolutely does not like getting hit at this point of his career. Jam Welker at the line to take away the quick strikes.

Their defense isnt that good. I think the Jets are the better team right now honestly.

And one bad game in the playoff doesn't take away from the fact they won 10 games during the regular season last year. The Patriots are a solid team that will win 10-12 games this season.

The Jets are an unknown that might go as high as 13 or 14 or as low as 7 or 8. A lot of that will depend on if Mevi$ comes back and if Sanchez can get his turnovers under control.

One bad playoff performance doesnt take away the fact they completely own the division for the past decade.

Until Sanchez develops, that Pats are the better team. This a QB league and they have one of the best in league throwing to one of the best to ever play.

Jets should be a better team, but being paper champs doesnt mean squat.

And one bad game in the playoff doesn't take away from the fact they won 10 games during the regular season last year. The Patriots are a solid team that will win 10-12 games this season.

The Jets are an unknown that might go as high as 13 or 14 or as low as 7 or 8. A lot of that will depend on if Mevi$ comes back and if Sanchez can get his turnovers under control.

The Patriots are a solid team on offense. They are not in the Colts, Saints, Packers class anymore though. And the Pats defense is still below average.

They probably win 10 games though, because they usually do find ways to win close games.

There's a huge difference between a 10 win team and a 12 win team. The Pats are NOT a 12 win team in my opinion. Their D is suspect, their running game is suspect, Moss is suspect, Brady doesn't look sharp yet, and their OL is suspect. The most stable thing the Pats have right now is their kicker. Other than that everything is a ????. I think they can definitely be a 10 win team, but they need far too many things to go their way to only lose 2 other games besides the 2 they will lose to the Jets this year.

One bad playoff performance doesnt take away the fact they completely own the division for the past decade.

Until Sanchez develops, that Pats are the better team. This a QB league and they have one of the best in league throwing to one of the best to ever play.

Jets should be a better team, but being paper champs doesnt mean squat.

Why are the Patriots a better team? History? Cmon...neither team is thinking of what happened 4 years ago once the whistle is blown.

Brady is obviously awesome...but like I said, pressure him and the wheels begin to fall off. Getting pressure on Brady isnt nearly as difficult as it used to be. Especially now since we have a coach that enjoys going after the QB on 3rd downs.

Why are the Patriots a better team? History? Cmon...neither team is thinking of what happened 4 years ago once the whistle is blown.

Brady is obviously awesome...but like I said, pressure him and the wheels begin to fall off. Getting pressure on Brady isnt nearly as difficult as it used to be. Especially now since we have a coach that enjoys going after the QB on 3rd downs.

I mean, yeah, history does have something to do with...in the history of the Patriots and the BB/Brady combo, they've only lost once division title. That combo is still alive today and nobody has proved they can change it.

History also tells me the Jets are notorious losers who always crumble with hype. So if I'm a betting man, I'm taking the Pats to win the division again.

Do I think this is the best chance we've ever had to dethrone them, yes I do. Do I expect it, now way in hell. I've been a Jets fan too long.

I mean, yeah, history does have something to do with...in the history of the Patriots and the BB/Brady combo, they've only lost once division title. That combo is still alive today and nobody has proved they can change it.

History also tells me the Jets are notorious losers who always crumble with hype. So if I'm a betting man, I'm taking the Pats to win the division again.

Do I think this is the best chance we've ever had to dethrone them, yes I do. Do I expect it, now way in hell. I've been a Jets fan too long.

True. Im trying to go into this season as optimistic as possible.

No reason to be scared of Brady and Belly, it aint 2004 anymore.

True. Im trying to go into this season as optimistic as possible.

No reason to be scared of Brady and Belly, it aint 2004 anymore.

I hear ya...problem is, I'm a Mets, Jets, Knicks fan. I threw optimism out the window a long time ago. It sucks and its carried over into my college team too. I'm expecting 3-4 losses from the Gators and dont know how we are #3 in the Nation.

I agree, maybe teams shouldnt be "scared"...but that doesnt mean they arent still really ******* good and able to beat anyone in the league.

I must be the only one, but I didn't think Brady looked sharp at all. He underthrew Moss on an easy TD where Moss had 2 guys beat. He threw beind Welker for what would have been a huge gain. All his passes looked like they were off the mark for the most part and that was when he got to stand there like a statue all night. ATL put zero pressure on him.

You are the only one. His only bad throw was the underthrown deep td pass to Moss. Which, honestly, does not suprise me....really, that is not his forte. Yes, even after 2007.

Anyway, the offense looks good. Hernandez could be something special. Alge Crumpler could be the running games new best friend. Moss, Welker, Edelman haven't missed a beat. I am cautiously optimistic. The Defense? Faster, for sure. Better? That remains to be seen, but there are areas of concern. There is still no pass rush. If one is generated - it's the schemey kind. How long will that last? Butler looks like he has digressed. I hear a lot of hoopla about Chung. I don't get it, really. Yes, he hits like a train. His open field tackling is great. Still, he is out of position in coverage far more than I would like. LB's seem to be holding their own - and then fall apart a bit when Mayo isn't the mike. This could be a big problem.

There's a huge difference between a 10 win team and a 12 win team. The Pats are NOT a 12 win team in my opinion. Their D is suspect, their running game is suspect, Moss is suspect, Brady doesn't look sharp yet, and their OL is suspect. The most stable thing the Pats have right now is their kicker. Other than that everything is a ????. I think they can definitely be a 10 win team, but they need far too many things to go their way to only lose 2 other games besides the 2 they will lose to the Jets this year.

The D is decent but not great. The 1st string D looked much better against the Championship Saints then it did against Atlanta.

Before the two pre-season games I was very worried about the OL because of all the changes in personal. But in both games they did a solid job at protecting the QB and an outstanding job at creating holes for the running backs.

The running game is the strongest it has been in years. This could very well be the first patriots team with true balance on offense in years.

Odds are the Jets and Patriots will split if Mevi$ comes back and Patriots will win both if he doesn't. The last time the Jets swept the Patriots the Jets defensive coordinator was Bill Belichick.

I do not understand all the hype for the Pats running game... they had a couple of nice breaks against a pre-season D... otherwise they sucked...

Here are the first half run plays, I bolded anything less than 5 yards.

8 out of 12 plays were for less than 5 yards, 3 of which were for 0 gain or a loss.

... NE offense looked good ...

... welker looked like he was back to normal ...

... atlanta D didn't do much at all to apply pressure though ...

... it certainly should be a battle between jets & pats throughout the season for the division ... have to watch some more from miami before deciding if it will actually be the 3 horse race that much of the media believes ...

l_j_r

I do not understand all the hype for the Pats running game... they had a couple of nice breaks against a pre-season D... otherwise they sucked...

Here are the first half run plays, I bolded anything less than 5 yards.

8 out of 12 plays were for less than 5 yards, 3 of which were for 0 gain or a loss.

Pats will never be known for their running game, for sure. That said, and it's only pre-season (just like the stats above), but since you are using it, I will too: Jets fans better hope Green stays healthy for the entire year because McKnight averaged 2.46 yards (13 carries for 32 yards) per carry, and LT was worse at 2.12 (8 carries for 17 yards).

Yes, that sounds silly. Just like your post was a wee-bit silly too.

Patriots are going to be good this year and should really be the favorites to win the AFCe. Randy Moss is in a contract year, and will be looking to light it up for another big payday. The Pats will comply (and probably let him sign somewhere else).

The Jets just need to take care of business and not worry about the Pats. They have a lot of reasons to be optimistic, but no reason to be overconfident. Rex is a lot of bravado with his mouth, but he's really a lunchpail guy when it comes to his on the field philosophy. He's not Mike Martz. This is a physical team he's put together. Jets'll be very good if they can maintain their smashmouth identity and make a couple plays downfield on top of that. That's the plan, anyway, and it can beat this year's Pats.

Be nice to have Revis shutting down that motivated Moss, though.

Rex isn't Mike Martz but Shottenheimer has some of that in him. He finally has an arsenal of weapons to play with, he'll dial up a nice offense this year.

The patriots will cheat their way to 9 wins this year, their RB's are a sad bunch and that defensive front 7 is even sadder.

Jets with Revis will walk away with the division, without him it's up for grabs.

Pats will never be known for their running game, for sure. That said, and it's only pre-season (just like the stats above), but since you are using it, I will too: Jets fans better hope Green stays healthy for the entire year because McKnight averaged 2.46 yards (13 carries for 32 yards) per carry, and LT was worse at 2.12 (8 carries for 17 yards).

Yes, that sounds silly. Just like your post was a wee-bit silly too.

I think it's your partner in crime that's stirring the hype for the Pats running game and I quote:

The running game is the strongest it has been in years. This could very well be the first patriots team with true balance on offense in years.

I'm not sure how the running game could be the strongest it has been when it is the same corp of players you had last year. Taylor is old as hell and due to have his annual season ending injury any day now, Maroney stinks (why should that be any different this year vs past seasons), and Morris is serviceable. Your best back is your 3rd down back in Faulk. Quite frankly the Pats running game stinks in my opinion.

I think it's your partner in crime that's stirring the hype for the Pats running game and I quote:

I'm not sure how the running game could be the strongest it has been when it is the same corp of players you had last year. Taylor is old as hell and due to have his annual season ending injury any day now, Maroney stinks (why should that be any different this year vs past seasons), and Morris is serviceable. Your best back is your 3rd down back in Faulk. Quite frankly the Pats running game stinks in my opinion.

You're preaching to the choir. Not a fan of the running game either - but all it needs to be is serviceable. Pats are a short pass first, ask questions later kind of offense.

Speaking of run-game. The Jets looks good - great o-line. But what happens if Green goes down? LT will not last - and lets be serious - he looks good in pre-season (just like Taylor) but what will you get when it counts? McKnight looks like sh*t. So, although I think it's a very good run game, I think the Jets run game was better last year.

Archived