Pats Falcons thread

Matt39

You're preaching to the choir. Not a fan of the running game either - but all it needs to be is serviceable. Pats are a short pass first, ask questions later kind of offense.

Speaking of run-game. The Jets looks good - great o-line. But what happens if Green goes down? LT will not last - and lets be serious - he looks good in pre-season (just like Taylor) but what will you get when it counts? McKnight looks like sh*t. So, although I think it's a very good run game, I think the Jets run game was better last year.

McKnight looks terrible. If Greene goes down I'm afraid for the run game. I'm not a GM but I'd cut McKnight and take a flier on some other back that is out there.

You're preaching to the choir. Not a fan of the running game either - but all it needs to be is serviceable. Pats are a short pass first, ask questions later kind of offense.

Speaking of run-game. The Jets looks good - great o-line. But what happens if Green goes down? LT will not last - and lets be serious - he looks good in pre-season (just like Taylor) but what will you get when it counts? McKnight looks like sh*t. So, although I think it's a very good run game, I think the Jets run game was better last year.

Whether our running game is better or not depends on what you think of LT. Personally, I think LT is going to benefit greatly from our OL the same way Jones did. While I don't think Jones was as terrible as some here make him out to be, I don't feel he's the type of runner where HE is the main reason he gets 1400 yards. Some RB's make their own yardage, some benefit from what the line gives them. Jones is clearly the latter. LT once was a RB who made his own yardage. He's not so much anymore, but he's clearly much quicker than Jones and has just as good vision if not better. To think LT has lost a step or 2 from his heyday is fair. To think he's suddenly useless is ignorant. If he has to handle the rock full time I do believe he can do so at least equally as well as Jones. Time will tell though. McKnight scares me, and I have a feeling this may be addressed if someone the Jets are considering gets cut from another team.

Pats will never be known for their running game, for sure. That said, and it's only pre-season (just like the stats above), but since you are using it, I will too: Jets fans better hope Green stays healthy for the entire year because McKnight averaged 2.46 yards (13 carries for 32 yards) per carry, and LT was worse at 2.12 (8 carries for 17 yards).

Yes, that sounds silly. Just like your post was a wee-bit silly too.

All I heard in the 3rd and 4th quarter was how great the Pats run game was, and even on ESPN today.

I watched the game and it was not.

I never said the JETS did better.

There is a reason the Pats havent won sh*t since SPygate...this year won't be any different.

Yah, the Giants must have stolen the camera's... ;)

You do know that the Pats got ratted on for taping from a forbidden part of the field - not the actual taping part.

Anyway, I think taking every opportunity to tell everyone in NFL-Land that you are "tough" is the way to go for an NFL team. At the very least it will garner some sympathy. Clearly Rex was in need of more hugs in his childhood.

Yah, the Giants must have stolen the camera's... ;)

You do know that the Pats got ratted on for taping from a forbidden part of the field - not the actual taping part.

Anyway, I think taking every opportunity to tell everyone in NFL-Land that you are "tough" is the way to go for an NFL team. At the very least it will garner some sympathy. Clearly Rex was in need of more hugs in his childhood.

Too bad they couldn't tape them in the last week of the season, they probably would have won another fraudulent SB.

It's not something I care much about, but... Why, in your opinion, did the commissioner feel the need to destroy the evidence in the case if it was a simple as that? And why the first round pick penalty for such a seemingly minor (as you describe it) offense?

Ummmm it's a pre-season game, no game planning.

Why do people get either excited or depressed at what they see. It's like getting excited about a seeing a wax figure.

I was going to post something similar. Regardless of which player wins our LG battle, you can bet teams are going to gameplan to send everything at whoever is there once the season starts. Same thing on defense. It will be the same with the Pats if Mankins doesn't sign. That will be considered a weak link on the OL and that will be attacked until they can shut it down consistently. You can't get a gauge on anything in preseason except one on one matchups, and part of gameplanning is to find the favorable one on one matchups.

It's not something I care much about, but... Why, in your opinion, did the commissioner feel the need to destroy the evidence in the case if it was a simple as that? And why the first round pick penalty for such a seemingly minor (as you describe it) offense?

Question for you: why keep it? Destroy the evidence so it's gone forever. No copying. No nothing. First round pick penalty? Goodell is Gawd, didn't you know? Plus, he was a former Jets intern in the 80's. Interesting - probably nothing, but interesting nonetheless. Belichick was told to cut it out. Belichick said, yah, whatever, moves the video guy a few feet to the right, Goodell gets pissed. Belichick was being a douche and paid dearly for it.

Question for you: why keep it? Destroy the evidence so it's gone forever. No copying. No nothing. First round pick penalty? Goodell is Gawd, didn't you know? Plus, he was a former Jets intern in the 80's. Interesting - probably nothing, but interesting nonetheless. Belichick was told to cut it out. Belichick said, yah, whatever, moves the video guy a few feet to the right, Goodell gets pissed. Belichick was being a douche and paid dearly for it.

Wow, he was an intern for one year with the Jets...we must have really influenced his thinking during that time and he put it in his back pocket for a rainy day or cheating day. :rolleyes:

Its far too early to say anything definitively, but the early prognosis is that the Patriots are "LOADED" with young talent. That's really not all that surprising considering the fact that they added eight (8) players picked in the first two rounds of the draft over the past two seasons. Plus they hit on a bunch of late rounders like Edelmann and Prior.

The defense is definitely faster. However, the key to being "better", is avoiding those youthful mistakes that tend to happen with inexperienced players. I expect that we'll see some of those, especially early on in the season, but I like the direction we're heading.

All that being said, I'm not sure it will really matter. This year's offense has more talent than the record setting 2007 team. The potential here is HUGE. The two question marks are 1) the playcalling; and 2) Brady. Both need to improve from their performances last season. The good news is that Brady seems much more confident stepping into his throws than he did last season. The other key will be whether he begins spreading the ball around to all of his weapons like he did early on in his career. It's gotta be more than just the Wes and Randy show. With this many weapons (Moss, Welker, Tate, Edelmann, Hernandez, Faulk, Gronko), it's hard imagining that the ball won't be spread around.

At the end of the day, I think all of you who are pegging the Patriots for the 10 win mark are way off the mark. This is a 12-14 win team. A new era of Patriots dominance is about to begin. Meet the new boss, same as the old boss.

Peace out homies.....

Its far too early to say anything definitively, but the early prognosis is that the Patriots are "LOADED" with young talent. That's really not all that surprising considering the fact that they added eight (8) players picked in the first two rounds of the draft over the past two seasons. Plus they hit on a bunch of late rounders like Edelmann and Prior.

The defense is definitely faster. However, the key to being "better", is avoiding those youthful mistakes that tend to happen with inexperienced players. I expect that we'll see some of those, especially early on in the season, but I like the direction we're heading.

All that being said, I'm not sure it will really matter. This year's offense has more talent than the record setting 2007 team. The potential here is HUGE. The two question marks are 1) the playcalling; and 2) Brady. Both need to improve from their performances last season. The good news is that Brady seems much more confident stepping into his throws than he did last season. The other key will be whether he begins spreading the ball around to all of his weapons like he did early on in his career. It's gotta be more than just the Wes and Randy show. With this many weapons (Moss, Welker, Tate, Edelmann, Hernandez, Faulk, Gronko), it's hard imagining that the ball won't be spread around.

At the end of the day, I think all of you who are pegging the Patriots for the 10 win mark are way off the mark. This is a 12-14 win team. A new era of Patriots dominance is about to begin. Meet the new boss, same as the old boss.

Peace out homies.....

Has more talent? Brady isnt nearly as good as he was 3 years ago. Moss is 3 years older and Welker has a bad knee.

Again, this Pats team was completely embarrassed in the playoffs last season.

Has more talent? Brady isnt nearly as good as he was 3 years ago. Moss is 3 years older and Welker has a bad knee.

Again, this Pats team was completely embarrassed in the playoffs last season.

Really? That is your argument. :rolleyes:

He had nowhere to go but down after his 50 TD season. Funny when a 96 rating, 4398 yards and 28 TDs is a bad year. He is a year removed from his surgery. His poise in the pocket is a lot better.

If you saw the game you have to admit they have more talent. Especially on offense. Moss is still a threat. If not for a blatant PI, Moss would have had a TD. Welker will be effective. He might not be 123 catches good, but are you going to ignore him? No. Edelman showed last year he is good. He is not Welker, but he is pretty good and getting better. Hernandez has shown a lot. I do not nowhere his listed 245lbs are. He could be a steal int he 4th. If there new commitment to run is real and I hope it is. They are going to be hard to defend with the wideouts and TEs they have. Play action might actually be a viable threat.

As has been pointed out in many threads this offseason and by JN as a whole, what does last season have to do with now? Nothing. The Jets and Patriots are both 0-0. Both teams have new players and old players no longer on the team. The 2009 is over. While the media and publications think the Jets are pre-ordained for the Superbowl based off of last season's finish. That has no bearing on this year. It is played on the field and "one game at a time".

Really? That is your argument. :rolleyes:

He had nowhere to go but down after his 50 TD season. Funny when a 96 rating, 4398 yards and 28 TDs is a bad year. He is a year removed from his surgery. His poise in the pocket is a lot better.

If you saw the game you have to admit they have more talent. Especially on offense. Moss is still a threat. If not for a blatant PI, Moss would have had a TD. Welker will be effective. He might not be 123 catches good, but are you going to ignore him? No. Edelman showed last year he is good. He is not Welker, but he is pretty good and getting better. Hernandez has shown a lot. I do not nowhere his listed 245lbs are. He could be a steal int he 4th. If there new commitment to run is real and I hope it is. They are going to be hard to defend with the wideouts and TEs they have. Play action might actually be a viable threat.

As has been pointed out in many threads this offseason and by JN as a whole, what does last season have to do with now? Nothing. The Jets and Patriots are both 0-0. Both teams have new players and old players no longer on the team. The 2009 is over. While the media and publications think the Jets are pre-ordained for the Superbowl based off of last season's finish. That has no bearing on this year. It is played on the field and "one game at a time".

Im willing to bet a significant amount of money the Patriots offense wont be as good as 2007. You guys are absolutely delusional if you think thats the case. Were basing this off the pre season Falcons game?

Im just saying, the Ravens showed how to push the Patriots around. Hit Brady, and you win. And the offensive line isnt nearly as strong as 07.

Brady is a completely less effective QB when he starts gettiung pushed around now. He starts crying, looking for roughing the passer penalties, and pointing at teammates on the field like its their fault he actually has to take on a rush for once in his career.

F the Pats. 2004 isnt even visible in the rear view mirror.

Im willing to bet a significant amount of money the Patriots offense wont be as good as 2007. You guys are absolutely delusional if you think thats the case. Were basing this off the pre season Falcons game?

Im just saying, the Ravens showed how to push the Patriots around. Hit Brady, and you win. And the offensive line isnt nearly as strong as 07.

Brady is a completely less effective QB when he starts gettiung pushed around now. He starts crying, looking for roughing the passer penalties, and pointing at teammates on the field like its their fault he actually has to take on a rush for once in his career.

If you can find a sucker to take that bet, I am all in.

That was a historical offense with historical performances from Brady and Moss.

The Ravens did not show anything that is Earth shattering or has not been shown before. Pressure a QB and they will be less effective. Isn't that the whole premise of the Jets' D?

My belief, if they adopt a more balanced offense, they will have a more effective offense. Especially, in the redzone. An opposing D might actually have to defend the run versus concentrating on Moss.

I am not saying they will throw up 600 points and eclipse their 2007 total of 589.

I am saying, if they line up in a traditional offense, I formation, single back or some flavor with Brady under center, they will regain some of that toughness an edge as their OL has to attack versus being on their heals picking up attackers.

If the offense matriculates like I think it can and hope it does, Brady will not have as many passing yards or TDs, but the Patriots will put up 400+ points again and control games. Taken pressure off of their D.

Like I said, it's way too early to say anything definitively. However, I am excited by the amount of young talent on this team. There's a ton of potential here.

Belichick has somehow managed to completely rebuild his roster while still staying competitive and atop the division. Come draft time next year (The Pats again have four picks in the first two rounds, 2 ones and 2 twos) all the talk will be why on other teams don't maneuver the draft like Belichick does.

That's not exactly true. Brady is actually one of the toughest QB's in the league. There have been plenty of games throughout his career where he's gotten "beaten up" while leading us to victory.

Having said that, the key to beating "ANY" QB is getting in their face and hitting them. That's hardly news.

When it's all said and done, 2009 will have nothing to do with 2010. It's a new team and a new season. We're flying under the radar with every jackass and his mother dismissing our chances. They apparently want to ignore the quality of our last two drafts and convince themselves that our reign is finally over. Only one problem. It isn't. In fact, one might say "its just getting started......Again"

I wonder if you'll feel the same way after we go to the Super Bowl and all you hear about is how its our fifth (5th) Super Bowl appearance in ten seasons.

Archived