Jimmy football Leonhard

Matt39

JL is a beast and so is Eric Smith the guys having a helluve preseason.

Leonhard is just a gamer. Total overachiever.

Smith and ironically Gholston have been 2 good stories on D so far in preseason. If those to come through it will be very welcomed unexpected surprise.

I hated the Leonhard signing at first because I thought pairing him with Rhodes gave the Jets the least physically intimidating safeties in the league. After getting a chance to watch him in camp last year, I came away thinking he might be among the top five athletes on the team. He's the type of guy that could go play shortstop or point guard for your team tomorrow and look good doing it.

I hated the Leonhard signing at first because I thought pairing him with Rhodes gave the Jets the least physically intimidating safeties in the league. After getting a chance to watch him in camp last year, I came away thinking he might be among the top five athletes on the team. He's the type of guy that could go play shortstop or point guard for your team tomorrow and look good doing it.

He's a true five-tool player. In addition to all of the above, he could clean your pool, then bang your wife and you'd still buy the guy a beer.

Exactly.

He's a complete genetic freak.

I believe he even won a bunch of dunk contests back in college.

• 4 weeks later...

1. There aren't three safeties in the league who can cover Todd Heap in man.

2. In fairness, Kerry Rhodes was excellent in that role last year, manning up on TE's.

didn't you hear? the Jets replaced Rhodes with Pool and now they are even better.

In related news, PSLs are a good investment and the new stadium smells like strawberry shortcake.

Archived