Kris Brown

aec4

From PFT:

I think we need to consider him. He's better than Folk in my opinion. However, no try outs. DO IT, or do NOT do it. Bringing him in for a try out and then keeping Folk is a huge mistake. Kicking is a lot of confidence, and if you bring someone in, what does that say to Folk? If you bring in Brown and he's healthy, sign him.

Now I wish Rackers lost, because Rackers is certainly better than Folk. Brown is too, but the difference is much closer.

The last original Houston Texan has been booted

Posted by Gregg Rosenthal on September 3, 2010 10:07 AM ET

And the winner of the Texans' kicking battle royale 2010 is . . . Neil Rackers! (According to John McClain of the Houston Chronicle.)

Rackers and longtime Texans kicker Kris Brown basically battled to a draw during training camp and the preseason, with the tie going to the new guy.

Brown had a solid career in Houston, but missed a few huge kicks last year against the Colts and the team seemed inclined to start fresh. It wouldn't be surprising at all to see Brown displace another kicker elsewhere in the coming days.

Brown had been the last original Houston Texans player still with the team following guard Chester Pitts' dismissal this season.

This is a tough decision. I honestly don't know what to do, but the Jets signed Folk along time ago and have worked on getting him back to the pro-bowler he once was. I like Brown, but I remember him having a game last year where he missed like 3 straight field goals. And that was in Houston, in a dome.

This is a tough decision. I honestly don't know what to do, but the Jets signed Folk along time ago and have worked on getting him back to the pro-bowler he once was. I like Brown, but I remember him having a game last year where he missed like 3 straight field goals. And that was in Houston, in a dome.

Browns been missing big kicks since he was a Steeler.

He's got power, though. That's what you need to kick in the Meadowlands. I like Folk. I think we should stick with him.

Keep Folk. It seems he is much better after his hip fully healed. He will do well this year and he went through the offseason almost unscathed (except the missed PAT).

LL

The Texans are smart for keeping Rackers the SOBs. Brown is OK...

Agreed. Rackers would be a no brainer. I believe Brown is better than Folk, but it's close, so maybe you don't change just because you KNOW what you have with Folk.

From PFT:

I think we need to consider him. He's better than Folk in my opinion. However, no try outs. DO IT, or do NOT do it. Bringing him in for a try out and then keeping Folk is a huge mistake. Kicking is a lot of confidence, and if you bring someone in, what does that say to Folk? If you bring in Brown and he's healthy, sign him.

Now I wish Rackers lost, because Rackers is certainly better than Folk. Brown is too, but the difference is much closer.

Makes a ton of sense. Just randomly sign somebody without a tryout so that you don't ruin his confidence. He just got cut. He's out on the street. I'm sure his confidence is soaring! He just lost a "competition" with a guy you KNOW is better. Let's sign him!

It's not going to happen. Folk has done enough to stick around. If he flat out sucked, sure they'd probably bring someone in. But they aren't going to replace Folk with a guy that hasn't even been around the camp and they haven't seen personally.

Exactly.

Plus, Brown missed big kicks last year for the Texans. Why do you think they brought in Rackers?

if folk chokes, there will be at least 3 kickers on the scrap heap they can bring in, no need to make a panic move now, folk has kicked wll enough to keep the job

The way peopel talk about Folk, maybe we can get a blind kicker to do better.

What the guy miss 1 extra point and a 62 yarder? His punting has looked much better, let's not cut him, lets lynch him!

maier_17_Angry-Mob_500.jpg

... obviously you mean kickoffs ...

... agree, no need to replace folk at this time for someone with a similar resume ...

... if someone noticably better is released i'm very likely to pull the trigger however ...

l_j_r

Yes I meant kickoffs.

Archived