DISGUSTED with final cuts / signings!? I am!!

PaJetFan

if McKnight wasnt a 4th round pick.. he would be looking to play for the UFL if he was lucky..

Does tannenbaum not want to concede that his was an error?

TRich still played with passion and his leadership is undeniable in the locker room...

i know it is two different positions.. but c'mon..

are you saying that of the 53 players on the team, TRich was the worst player we could release?

if you watched hardknocks there was a constant talk of the lack of leadership.. so it seems logical that we would release all our locker room leaders. :rolleyes:

OY!

Most definitely disgusted.

Washington & T-Rich should still be here.

Clowney I could live with being sh!tcanned.

Yes, we needed a DE so Dixon I understand, and Brown adds some O-Line depth, I just don't understand why the hell we are so dead set on keeping 4 TE's.

What the hell has Matt Mulligan done for this team???

Cutting Washington is a huge mistake. LT cannot get the yards they will need when Greene misses time, and he will. If he doesn't he will be shot by season's end. We need another tough runner. Keeping Woodhead over this guy is just dumb

if McKnight wasnt a 4th round pick.. he would be looking to play for the UFL if he was lucky..

TRich still played with passion and his leadership is undeniable in the locker room...

are you saying that of the 53 players on the team, TRich was the worst player we could release?

if you watched hardknocks there was a constant talk of the lack of leadership.. so it seems logical that we would release all our locker room leaders. :rolleyes:

OY!

OK, first of all there wasn't "constant talk of the lack of leadership." There was a TV show that was heavily edited and shown out of chronological order to make it appear as if there was a leadership issue on this team.

Second of all, we don't know the full story on the T-Rich release so any conclusions are based solely on conjecture.

Thirdly, I actually love this move. You don't keep two FBs on your team and Conner went out and took this job from T-Rich so its not like we're just cutting in favor of a younger player just because he's younger and it sends a clear message to the team that it is now Mark Sanchez's show. This is a huge vote of confidence in Sanchez which can't possibly be a bad thing.

This Chauncey Washington love can't be serious, right? This outpouring of emotion for a guy who averaged less than 4 yards per carry when playing primarily against third string defenses?

This nonsense makes the Brett Ratliff lovefest a couple of years ago look sane.

When Klecko is the voice of reason in here, the board is on seriously shaky ground.

I don't know, Joe. I'd imagine the players in the locker room would be more apt to embrace a guy who is in the pits with them working hard than to embrace a kid who showed up to both minicamp and training camp out of shape (to the point that he was puking) and who was awful when he got his chances. That he's there solely because he was a draft pick doesn't help his case, either. It would be like your boss firing one of your hard-working co-workers and replacing him with his lazy, retarded son-in-law. Would you know why your boss did that? Sure. Would you like it? Hell no.

Players know the deal. This is the way 31/32 NFL teams operate. How many 4th round picks get cut the summer they're drafted? Then you figure he was one of just four picks for the Jets, and the Jets traded up for him? Dude, like it or not, that's a roster spot. And the players get that.

Just like the lazy retarded son-in-law is going to be kept over you during the next round of layoffs, but the difference is that he's actually a little more productive than you are.

If you watched Hard Knocks, then you know that Tanny was looking to gut these veteran, guaranteed salary guys before week one. It's a harsh business. They made Kellen take a $500K pay cut. Joe McKnight makes about $500K less than TRich was due.

Cold but true.

Cutting Washington is a huge mistake. LT cannot get the yards they will need when Greene misses time, and he will. If he doesn't he will be shot by season's end. We need another tough runner. Keeping Woodhead over this guy is just dumb

Has CWash signed with anyone yet? Has the rest of the league caught on to this absolute beast of a running back that the Jets foolishly let go? Or is he still available to sign to the practice squad?

Because if he's still available - and I think he is - then what's the difference?

The coaches love Woodhead. Maybe he's doing things in practice we don't see. He does provide a little insurance at both RB and WR, though. For the bottom of the roster, that's not a bad feature to have.

OK, first of all there wasn't "constant talk of the lack of leadership." There was a TV show that was heavily edited and shown out of chronological order to make it appear as if there was a leadership issue on this team.

Second of all, we don't know the full story on the T-Rich release so any conclusions are based solely on conjecture.

Thirdly, I actually love this move. You don't keep two FBs on your team and Conner went out and took this job from T-Rich so its not like we're just cutting in favor of a younger player just because he's younger and it sends a clear message to the team that it is now Mark Sanchez's show. This is a huge vote of confidence in Sanchez which can't possibly be a bad thing.

ok maybe not constant.. but a couple of times leadership was addressed.

I love Sanchez and i am hoping you are right.. but i see a young man who bites his nails and seems unsure of himself... of course, hard knocks is just a TV show. ANd thankfully preseson doesnt count, cause our offense looked like pure sh!t. I just think that at 23, Sanchez is still young to have the weight of leadership on his shoulders.. Firstly he needs to to throw the ball accurately (and to our players) OY! Once he has mastered that and puts some points on the board, then he can move on to being the leader of the team.

SO maybe it is unusual to carry 2FB's, but it isnt unusual to carry 4 TE's?

I literally can't believe I saw this happen today?!?!?

1.) We cut our most tenured and respected veteran leader on offense: T Richardson AND

....Keep the underachieving, no burst Joe McKnight????

2.) We cut the productive, young, tough and explosive Chauncey Washington (perfect for ground and pound) AND

....Sign a slow underachieving wide receiver who just got beat out by two UDFA's from Miami (Turner)?????

Let's be straight - Faneca was great - but getting older, expensive and overrated. So I wasn't totally against getting younger on the line. But the Jets players CAN see what we see: the Jets are cutting players who are either better talents and/or more respected than the players they are keeping and signing. Before today I was angry the jets kept Mcknight, but sucked it up because we saved face by keeping Woodhead, Chauncey Washington and T. Rich. Now I'm flat out disgusted!!

BOTTOM LINE: If the players a whole disagree with too many moves, then when things go wrong ON the field, the Jets could very easily melt down and lose control in the locker room. We could easily have mutiny as a team - rather than staying together. REMEMBER LAST YEAR WHEN WE had TWO THREE GAME LOSING STREAKS??!! All you heard from the players was quiet confidence that the ship would be righted...and look what happened....AFC championship.

Jets management sucks

Take a look at our 05 roster and the roster we will put on the field this year. Take a look at last years roster and this years roster. The final roster isn't done yet either.

We have drafed well, cut players who were clearly close to done, brought in top quality FA's and added to our coaching staff almost every year. Not to mention we probably have either the best or 2nd best player facility in the NFL.

Jets management sucks

Take a look at our 05 roster and the roster we will put on the field this year. Take a look at last years roster and this years roster. The final roster isn't done yet either.

We have drafed well, cut players who were clearly close to done, brought in top quality FA's and added to our coaching staff almost every year. Not to mention we probably have either the best or 2nd best player facility in the NFL.

Changes from 2009 to 2010:

- retained FA Braylon Edwards, keeping him in another contract year.

- picked up Santonio Holmes, in a contract year, for a late 5th round pick

- picked up Antonio Cromartie for a 4th (and a maximum of another 2nd), without which Revis might still be home holding out for $16M/year

- drafted Kris Wilson (see Antonio Cromartie) who's so far blown away a defensive coaching staff that clearly knows what the hell they're doing

- replaced Faneca with Slauson/Ducasse (which is Slauson so far). Remains to be seen whether this was good or not, but Faneca looks lousy in AZ so far.

- replaced Tony Richardson with John Conner

- replaced Kerry Rhodes with Brodney Pool

- swapped Jay Feely for Nick Folk + Jason Taylor

- replaced Kevin O'Connell with Mark Brunell. Both suck, but I suppose Sanchez will learn more from Brunell than from O'Connell.

- replaced Thomas Jones with LaDanian Tomlinson. Freed up $4M in payroll for more deserving players like:

- locked up Darrelle Revis long-term

- locked up Nick Mangold long-term

- locked up D'Brickashaw Ferguson long-term

This team is the worst.

Changes from 2009 to 2010:

- retained FA Braylon Edwards, keeping him in another contract year.

- picked up Santonio Holmes, in a contract year, for a late 5th round pick

- picked up Antonio Cromartie for a 4th (and a maximum of another 2nd), without which Revis might still be home holding out for $16M/year

- drafted Kris Wilson (see Antonio Cromartie) who's so far blown away a defensive coaching staff that clearly knows what the hell they're doing

- replaced Faneca with Slauson/Ducasse (which is Slauson so far). Remains to be seen whether this was good or not, but Faneca looks lousy in AZ so far.

- replaced Tony Richardson with John Conner

- replaced Kerry Rhodes with Brodney Pool

- swapped Jay Feely for Nick Folk + Jason Taylor

- replaced Kevin O'Connell with Mark Brunell. Both suck, but I suppose Sanchez will learn more from Brunell than from O'Connell.

- replaced Thomas Jones with LaDanian Tomlinson. Freed up $4M in payroll for more deserving players like:

- locked up Darrelle Revis long-term

- locked up Nick Mangold long-term

- locked up D'Brickashaw Ferguson long-term

This team is the worst.

You never know how things are going to work out and short a SB you can second guess every move. This is without question the best Jets management since Werblin.

You never know how things are going to work out and short a SB you can second guess every move. This is without question the best Jets management since Werblin.

In no way does any of this guarantee a SB.

Sanchez has to be a better QB than he's been for that to happen. It's a cop-out to show how far they got last year even with him playing like doo-doo. That is a rarity to get that far with a bad QB. Expecting it is just dumb.

If he's merely mediocre, the Jets are going to be a force to be reckoned with and a most-feared opponent for any team on their schedule. If he sucks then we'll be relying on defensive and special teams scoring to prevent losses even when the defense shows up.

In no way does any of this guarantee a SB.

Sanchez has to be a better QB than he's been for that to happen. It's a cop-out to show how far they got last year even with him playing like doo-doo. That is a rarity to get that far with a bad QB. Expecting it is just dumb.

If he's merely mediocre, the Jets are going to be a force to be reckoned with and a most-feared opponent for any team on their schedule. If he sucks then we'll be relying on defensive and special teams scoring to prevent losses even when the defense shows up.

No doubt but the fact is going out and gettng Sanchez was absolutely what this team needed to do to be a contender for years. At the end of the day Sanchez is the key to this teams future. Management believed in him and went out and got it done. We may suffer because of it but the alternative was totally unaceptable. We have to develop a QB to be a perenial contender.

No doubt but the fact is going out and gettng Sanchez was absolutely what this team needed to do to be a contender for years. At the end of the day Sanchez is the key to this teams future. Management believed in him and went out and got it done. We may suffer because of it but the alternative was totally unaceptable. We have to develop a QB to be a perenial contender.

Not only that, but we went out and got him weapons like Braylon, Holmes and LT, and we locked up our 2 most important linemen longterm to protect him. The Jets are doing as much as they can to ensure he has success.

Well, I kind of agree. Going out and getting a franchise QB was what the team needed to do. They're paying Sanchez like a franchise QB -- now he just needs to play like one. The Jets have surrounded him with every weapon a franchise QB needs, including a ridiculous defense that keeps getting him the ball back and keeps the offense from having to go 1-dimensional in the passing game.

They needed a franchise QB. They got Sanchez. It remains to be seen if he is the franchise QB the Jets needed to get. Hopefully, for us, he will be.

OY!

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

OH and you are just falling for the Hardknocks talk, no leadership issues.

McKnight never showed any burst? He had one punt return with as many yards as Washington had in all his carries in the preseason AND Washington fumbled too. McKnight may suck, but if you LOVE Ward and Washington you can sign guys like them all day when somebody gets hurt. Hell, you can probably sign both of them today if you'd like.

Instead of overrating our crappy 5th string RBs, why don't we consider some guys that will be sitting on other teams practice squads? If Greene gets hurt, these guys will be just sitting there waiting to be signed.

B Joique Bell(notes), Buffalo Bills: The former Wayne State product showed a lot in the preseason, rushing for 152 yards and two touchdowns on just 27 carries (5.6 YPC). Bell is a big back (5-foot-11, 220) with nice agility, but he was cut out of Buffalo's roster in a numbers game. Any team looking for an inside bruiser could do a lot worse.

RB Ryan Torain(notes), Washington Redskins: Torain excelled in limited time for Mike Shanahan in Denver, and he's conversant enough with the offensive system and zone blocking looks to get some in-season reps if the Clinton Portis(notes)/Larry Johnson rotation breaks down.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/blog/shutdown_corner/post/Scrubs-Not-so-fast-practice-squad-players-g?urn=nfl-267513

Archived