Randy Moss: MERGED

SouthernJet

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Oh, I'm not arguing that...its clearly what is taking place. My point is just that sometimes it doesnt pay to play hardball with a guy as important to your team as Moss. Especially if there isnt a back up plan.

Hell, the Jets technically had a back up plan with Revis and then eventually said F it, he's too important...get him a new contract.

Two different philosophies. There has never been one indispensable, irreplaceable piece to the NEP under BB. Not the pro-bowler highest paid QB in the league Drew Bledsoe, not Richard Seymour, not Ty Law, not Viniteri, not Asante, not even league MVP Tom Brady (NEP won 11 games while he was on IR) and sure as heck not a 34 year old wide reciever.

Two different philosophies. There has never been one indispensable, irreplaceable piece to the NEP under BB. Not the pro-bowler highest paid QB in the league Drew Bledsoe, not Richard Seymour, not Ty Law, not Viniteri, not Asante, not even league MVP Tom Brady (NEP won 11 games while he was on IR) and sure as heck not a 34 year old wide reciever.

He's right, the cameras were always the most important piece.

This is a very good point. However, the Patsies are much different team than they were during their title runs.

Tom Brady went down, you still won, but guess who was on that roster making it very easy on the inexperienced QB?

I think you are devaluing what Moss does for your team preparing yourself for the very good chance he is gone after this season. You may not have indispensable, irreplaceable piece before...but Moss is damn close.

So you don't think the cameras helped any?

What I think is that your attempts at being whitty, sharp and/or funny is usually a failure. I guess I admire the self confidence and the effort - but jeez it's getting old. Get a new schtick already. I know. Go buy some pom poms and practice your "I love Revis, nevermind what I said before it's okay to waffle, sure beats being pancaked" routine everytime you see his Dick Sportings Good commercial.

Yeah, them risking getting caught cheating for years makes a ton of sense then. :blink:

Has nothing to do with "cheating" as the Pats gained no in-game advantage whatsoever.

It was all about BB's arrogance defying a letter fron Goodell where teams can tape from and not.

If you think the Pats gained one iota of an advantage in games they taped, you really don't know football.

What I think is that your attempts at being whitty, sharp and/or funny is usually a failure. I guess I admire the self confidence and the effort - but jeez it's getting old. Get a new schtick already. I know. Go buy some pom poms and practice your "I love Revis, nevermind what I said before it's okay to waffle, sure beats being pancaked" routine everytime you see his Dick Sportings Good commercial.

:rl: The cheating stain will never go away, sorry but that's the chance you take when you cheat.

Not necessary no need to waffle, I'm still not for the Jets giving into his unreasonable demands.

We all know that means I hate him though, most trolls agree. :lol:

If I was being anything less than a failure in your eyes, then I'd have something to worry about, so thanks!

Has nothing to do with "cheating" as the Pats gained no in-game advantage whatsoever.

It was all about BB's arrogance defying a letter fron Goodell where teams can tape from and not.

If you think the Pats gained one iota of an advantage in games they taped, you really don't know football.

Right, they wasted time, money and resources taping games which was against the rules, because it was not cheating and they gained nothing from it.

It just made belicheat feel better. :rl:

He doesn't. This point is made painfully clear with each and every post he makes.

This is a very good point. However, the Patsies are much different team than they were during their title runs.

Tom Brady went down, you still won, but guess who was on that roster making it very easy on the inexperienced QB?

I think you are devaluing what Moss does for your team preparing yourself for the very good chance he is gone after this season. You may not have indispensable, irreplaceable piece before...but Moss is damn close.

I am not devaluing Moss. He is an outstanding receiver. He makes the team better. I hope he is a Patriots in 2011.

But BB is not going to spend more money on Moss than he thinks his future value is, which is probably lower than what Moss thinks his future value is. And BB sure isn't going to put getting Moss a contract extension before getting Brady a contract extension.

Actually getting Brady done first helps with the Moss situation. Once Brady is extended Moss is going to want to stay on the same team as his friend.

But the Patriots aren't the Jets. If Moss isn't part of NEP in 2011, BB isn't gonna throw a temper tantrum. The Patriots aren't going to use more cap space on Moss than on Brady. The TEAM will keep rolling on.

Right, they wasted time, money and resources taping games which was against the rules, because it was not cheating and they gained nothing from it.

Dude, you don't get it do you? Taping games ARE NOT against the rules.

Every single team in the NFL tapes other team to determine trends, nothing more, nothing less.

The only thing the Pats did was tape from a prohibited area that Goodell said was off-limits.

Hell, those damn still overhead photos QB's look at after throwing a pick gives teams a better advantage than does actual video.

Dude, you don't get it do you? Taping games ARE NOT against the rules.

Every single team in the NFL tapes other team to determine trends, nothing more, nothing less.

The only thing the Pats did was tape from a prohibited area that Goodell said was off-limits.

Hell, those damn still overhead photos QB's look at after throwing a pick gives teams a better advantage than does actual video.

Oh so they did it illegally, wasting time, money and resources, risked getting caught, for years, all for nothing.

Now that makes much more sense! :blink:

Hey what's the tooth fairy look like?

Last year Moss started all 16 games, led the entire NFL in TD receptions with 13, caught 83 balls for 1,264 yards for an average of 15.2 yards per reception.

Players who "disappear for a few games" don't put up numbers like that.

There were at least two games where he disappeared. Of course, that probably had more to do with the deity in the Jets' secondary shutting him down ;)

No way in hell would BB ever draft a player with character issues like Bryant. Just not happening on a BB coached team.

Of course not. When the coach is the one with the character issues, of course he's not going to bring in any competition ;)

How did the Pats slot receivers do against the vaunted Jets defense last year?

Very good, you should be more worried about how they are going to do with the additions the Jets made this year though.

How far did the Pats slot receivers, get them in the playoffs last year?

How did the Pats slot receivers do against the vaunted Jets defense last year?

The thread's about Moss. I don't care what the slot receivers did last year against secondary, especially considering our #2 & #3 CB's, and pussy of a safety aren't even on the team this year.

1) Very good, you should be more worried about how they are going to do with the additions the Jets made this year though.

2) How far did the Pats slot receivers, get them in the playoffs last year?

1) Yep, those Tigers look great on paper right now.

2) What difference does it make if you lose the 1st playoff game or the 3rd playoff game? Exact same results for both teams.

2) What difference does it make if you lose the 1st playoff game or the 3rd playoff game? Exact same results for both teams.

Other than the fact that 1) It was Tom Brady's first-ever home playoff loss, 2) despite not being there since 1998, the Jets made the AFC Title game with a rookie coach and QB, and 3), the Ravens not only beat but HUMILIATED the Pats, I suppose there's no difference. I guess the fact that last season ended with the Jets beating expectations and the Pats falling short means nothing, either.

I'll tell you this. If the Jets go one-and-done in the playoffs like the Pats did, no chance they're able to attract a guys like Tomlinson and Taylor (guys looking to make 1 last Super Bowl run) or perhaps re-sign guys like Mangold and Ferguson as easily as they did. Revis might still be in a holdout too. There's no telling the ripple effect the Jets being 30 minutes away from the Super Bowl has had. For once, they're getting way more attention than the Giants and, really, the rest of the league.

That's exactly where the Pats offense is going this year. More 2 and 3 TE sets, less 5-wide, shotgun formations.

For the first time in his career, Brady will take more snaps under center than he will in the shotgun.

probably not the greatest idea given his lack of mobility.......he's gonna be slow getting out from under center.

1) Yep, those Tigers look great on paper right now.

How many posts do you see made about the Jets getting totally ragged in round 1?

That's the difference. :D

How many posts do you see made about the Jets getting totally ragged in round 1?

That's the difference. :D

Yep. If the shoe were on the other foot, we'd be hearing all about how we got trounced in round 1 whereas the Pats were player x, y and z away from being a Super Bowl team, and that they now have player x, y, and z.

Yep. If the shoe were on the other foot, we'd be hearing all about how we got trounced in round 1 whereas the Pats were player x, y and z away from being a Super Bowl team, and that they now have player x, y, and z.

Just imagine if the dolphags ever make it out of round one. :rolleyes:

I am not devaluing Moss. He is an outstanding receiver. He makes the team better. I hope he is a Patriots in 2011.

But BB is not going to spend more money on Moss than he thinks his future value is, which is probably lower than what Moss thinks his future value is. And BB sure isn't going to put getting Moss a contract extension before getting Brady a contract extension.

Actually getting Brady done first helps with the Moss situation. Once Brady is extended Moss is going to want to stay on the same team as his friend.

But the Patriots aren't the Jets. If Moss isn't part of NEP in 2011, BB isn't gonna throw a temper tantrum. The Patriots aren't going to use more cap space on Moss than on Brady. The TEAM will keep rolling on.

Who threw a temper tantrum?

Archived