Randy Moss: MERGED

SouthernJet

Patriots' Randy Moss has 'bad feeling'

ESPNBoston.com

New England Patriots receiver Randy Moss, who has kept silent for most of training camp, expressed some frustration Monday afternoon about not having a contract beyond this season.

"When you have done so much and put so much work in, it kind of feels like I am not wanted,"Moss told William Bendetson of CBSSports.com. "I am taking that in stride and playing my final year out and whatever the future holds is what it holds, but it is kind of a bad feeling -- feeling not wanted. It is not like my production has gone down. I am speaking from an individual standpoint. I don't know about [Patriots quarterback] Tom [brady's] or whoever else's contract.

"I am a little older and understand the nature of the business -- the older you get the more your skills supposedly diminish, but I think I am getting wiser in how to use my physical skills. That's the frustrating part when you put so much heart and desire into things and feel like you are not wanted."

Moss, 33, is entering the final year of a three-year contract and will earn $6.4 million this season. Last season, Moss caught 83 passes for 1,246 yards and 13 touchdowns.

Brady, whose contract also expires at the end of the season, and Moss went out to dinner together Monday night, according to a source.

Moss has been quoted more than once this offseason as saying he thought this would be his last year in New England.

In May, in a Boston Herald story about Moss parting ways with longtime agent Tim DiPiero, Moss was quoted as saying, "I don't think I'm realistically in the future plans of the Patriots. But if the New England Patriots don't want me in their future, [it's a business]. I understand."

Moss made similar comments in February. "I don't think they are going to extend my contract here," Moss said, according to The Boston Globe.

"You know the Patriots don't really pay, so when I got my second contract from them that was a blessing in disguise. I understand the business. I don't think they're going to re-sign me back. I'm not mad. I'm not bitter. It's just the way things are in this NFL, so like I said after this year I'll be looking for a new team. I think so."

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

They were looking to get a cheap authentic T0mShane.

Uh Oh. I smell a certain Mr. Shane becoming a "poster" child for hiney love. As in, "dude I passed out at the party last night and when i woke up my pants were down and I was bent over the couch. I think someone Tom Shaned me." or Hey man, for our 1 year anniversary, my girlfriend let poke her in the Tom Shane!" It's sort of like being Munson'd, only with backside penetration.

Uh Oh. I smell a certain Mr. Shane becoming a "poster" child for hiney love. As in, "dude I passed out at the party last night and when i woke up my pants were down and I was bent over the couch. I think someone Tom Shaned me." or Hey man, for our 1 year anniversary, my girlfriend let poke her in the Tom Shane!" It's sort of like being Munson'd, only with backside penetration.

Yup, this thread got it right in the T0mShaner.

Nice to see him back to his old ways. No better timing than to start this sh*t Week 1 Randy, good job, LOL.

http://sports.espn.go.com/boston/nfl/news/story?id=5540944&campaign=rss&source=NFLHeadlines&utm_source=NFL+Picks&utm_medium=twitter

Updated: September 7, 2010, 8:30 AM ETPatriots'

New England Patriots receiver Randy Moss, who has kept silent for most of training camp, expressed some frustration Monday afternoon about not having a contract beyond this season.

"When you have done so much and put so much work in, it kind of feels like I am not wanted," Moss told CBSSports.com. "I am taking that in stride and playing my final year out and whatever the future holds is what it holds, but it is kind of a bad feeling -- feeling not wanted. It is not like my production has gone down. I am speaking from an individual standpoint. I don't know about [Patriots quarterback] Tom [brady's] or whoever else's contract.

"I am a little older and understand the nature of the business -- the older you get the more your skills supposedly diminish, but I think I am getting wiser in how to use my physical skills. That's the frustrating part when you put so much heart and desire into things and feel like you are not wanted."

Moss, 33, is entering the final year of a three-year contract and will earn $6.4 million this season. Last season, Moss caught 83 passes for 1,246 yards and 13 touchdowns.

Brady, whose contract also expires at the end of the season, and Moss went out to dinner together Monday night, according to a source.

I think I am getting wiser in how to use my physical skills. That's the frustrating part when you put so much heart and desire into things and feel like you are not wanted.

-- Randy Moss

Moss has been quoted more than once this offseason as saying he thought this would be his last year in New England.

In May, in a Boston Herald story about Moss parting ways with longtime agent Tim DiPiero, Moss was quoted as saying, "I don't think I'm realistically in the future plans of the Patriots. But if the New England Patriots don't want me in their future, [it's a business]. I understand."

Moss made similar comments in February. "I don't think they are going to extend my contract here," Moss said, according to The Boston Globe.

"You know the Patriots don't really pay, so when I got my second contract from them that was a blessing in disguise. I understand the business. I don't think they're going to re-sign me back. I'm not mad. I'm not bitter. It's just the way things are in this NFL, so like I said after this year I'll be looking for a new team. I think so."

Moss wants to get paid. He says he feels unwanted...whaaa...whaaa..wahhaaa....truth is, he's currently being paid quite well. Whatever Randy, just play well and see what happens next year - be it in NE or elsewhere. I will say, however, at least he doesn't hold out unlike some players I know...or does make a mockery of team, system, etc., like say, an Albert Haynesworth, which some of you would just gush over having. If this makes Moss a turd...what are Revis and Haynesworth? Anyway, he has shown up and has worked hard in the off-season and pre-season. I expect a good year from him. He wants to get paid, afterall.

Speaking of paid, multiple sources are saying that Brady's deal is done. No specifics. I would assume Moss' little candid moment has a little something to do with the news. Moss and Brady are close friends.

Dont see how this is being a locker room cancer...but o.k.

I pray the Patsies dont sign him so all those nincompoop fans will see what he does for their offense once he's gone. That team will be straight doodoo without Moss and Brady will look mortal.

Sorry SJ but this is a big zero on the Thug-0-Meter. Moss actually made some sense here.

Exactly.

Moss is in the final year of his contract, which he has honored 100%.

Based on the numbers he put up over the last 3 years, he is certainly entitled to the money.

Unfortunately, that money will not come from the Patriots.

This will be Moss' last year in New England.

Exactly.

Moss is in the final year of his contract, which he has honored 100%.

Based on the numbers he put up over the last 3 years, he is certainly entitled to the money.

Unfortunately, that money will not come from the Patriots.

This will be Moss' last year in New England.

Welker will be just fine though once Brady and Moss move on next year.

Welker will be just fine though once Brady and Moss move on next year.

Guess you missed this part:

Multiple sources are saying that Brady's new contract is a done deal.

I'm guessing that the source is not incarecerated. Just sayin'.

So now we're just pretending he didn't Vinsanity his way out of Oakland from here on out. Right, got it. Sounds great.

Yes but RJF, that was before he found out how to be a winner in the NFL from being immersed in the Patriots culture of humble pie. If he didnt learn how to be a class act from the classiest dude in the world, BB, he would have learned from their all knowing fans.

The days of "straight cash homey" ended when BB kissed his forehead and welcomed him to NE.

Should be fun to watch how this story pans out during the season. And to think, all the trolls around here were worried about the Jets player chemistry more than their own teams :rolleyes:

So Moss wants his big payday, what's wrong with that?

What better way to get that money in your final contract year than to go out and grab 90 receptions for 1,500 yards and 12 TD's?

So now we're just pretending he didn't Vinsanity his way out of Oakland from here on out. Right, got it. Sounds great.

This has everything with him trying to get to the top of the negotiating list now that Brady is all but done. If he did not "quit" on Matt Cassell, he's not "quitting" on Tom Brady. If he was a true turd, he'd have held out and try to force the issue. He was extended 3 years after 2007 - now he's looking for some security (he's being paid over 6 mil this year). I suppose he could always fake an injury and then say he was joking. Maybe hold out. Walk off the field. That sort of negotiating tactic seems to work for some.

So Moss wants his big payday, what's wrong with that?

What better way to get that money in your final contract year than to go out and grab 90 receptions for 1,500 yards and 12 TD's?

But he's 33 years old. What team is going to offer him a big payday at 33? The Raiders? Hes been there and done that.

Moss playing for a new contract in NE or elsewhere doesn't worry me in the least. Last time he was in a contract year he broke Rice's record.

Moss playing because he wants a trade can get very very ugly. But there is nothing to suggest he is saying either extend me or trade me. Moss knows what he does this year will set the market for his services next year and will determine how many teams will be calling his agent bidding for him.

Moss has been saying for months that he doesn't expect the Patriots to be the high bidder for 2011 and expects to play elsewhere. And it sounds like he is disappointed with the response of "yup, we won't be get in a bidding war or offer you a huge extention at your age." I am not worried about him giving less than 100% to get top dollar on his next (probably last) contract.

The only possibility for problems is if he feels he isn't getting the ball enough to showcase his skills for next year's contract. But I expect that will be handled pretty reasonably by Brady.

But he's 33 years old. What team is going to offer him a big payday at 33? The Raiders? Hes been there and done that.

Even at 33, Moss is still very productive.

If he puts up big number again this year, some team out there will give him one more large payday.

It just won't be the Patriots.

No team is going to offer him a mega payday. But the size of his next contract will be directly related to if he is a locker room cancer or not this year. For that reason, I expect little or no trouble from him.

Even at 33, Moss is still very productive.

If he puts up big number again this year, some team out there will give him one more large payday.

It just won't be the Patriots.

Yea but the problem with that is he needs the ball thrown at him to be productive. What if he doesn't get thrown too, what then?

This has everything with him trying to get to the top of the negotiating list now that Brady is all but done. If he did not "quit" on Matt Cassell, he's not "quitting" on Tom Brady. If he was a true turd, he'd have held out and try to force the issue. He was extended 3 years after 2007 - now he's looking for some security (he's being paid over 6 mil this year). I suppose he could always fake an injury and then say he was joking. Maybe hold out. Walk off the field. That sort of negotiating tactic seems to work for some.

Cool, I get it now. I wasn't aware that making a mockery of one's team is relegated only to contractual issues and didn't include quitting during actual games. My bad, carry on.

Moss wants to get paid. He says he feels unwanted...whaaa...whaaa..wahhaaa....truth is, he's currently being paid quite well. Whatever Randy, just play well and see what happens next year - be it in NE or elsewhere. I will say, however, at least he doesn't hold out unlike some players I know...or does make a mockery of team, system, etc., like say, an Albert Haynesworth, which some of you would just gush over having. If this makes Moss a turd...what are Revis and Haynesworth? Anyway, he has shown up and has worked hard in the off-season and pre-season. I expect a good year from him. He wants to get paid, afterall.

Speaking of paid, multiple sources are saying that Brady's deal is done. No specifics. I would assume Moss' little candid moment has a little something to do with the news. Moss and Brady are close friends.

Logan Mankins?

Archived