Tom Brady: Highest paid player in the NFL

Jetkid94

4 years 72 million, in effect starting next season

18 million per.

49 million guaranteed

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d81a6c11a/article/belichick-on-brady-theres-no-quarterback-id-rather-have?module=HP_headlines

IMO by year 3 of the extension he wont be worth the 18 million dollar cap hit

I wouldn't even be against saying in year 2 of the extension he won't be worth it.

It's only right, him and his wife are now both the highest paid models.

Funny. Dick. ;)

4 years 72 million, in effect starting next season

18 million per.

49 million guaranteed

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d81a6c11a/article/belichick-on-brady-theres-no-quarterback-id-rather-have?module=HP_headlines

IMO by year 3 of the extension he wont be worth the 18 million dollar cap hit

I wouldn't even be against saying in year 2 of the extension he won't be worth it.

Based on what? Projected going QB rate? In a 'down' year, he was better then a majority of the QBs out there.

He is worth every dime. As long as he is there, Kraft is assured to have a long waiting list for season tickets.

Funny. Dick. ;)

Based on what? Projected going QB rate? In a 'down' year, he was better then a majority of the QBs out there.

He is worth every dime. As long as he is there, Kraft is assured to have a long waiting list for season tickets.

Yes, he is one of the greatest QBs ever, but he should not be paid as the highest player in the NFL, as he is not at that level anymore.

so manning will get his $20 per, nice and round number

I smell collusion, call slats in

Your nose is sharp. $0 in new money before the owners' scheduled lockout.

Revis, with his unnecessary holdout, is making more than Tom Brady this year.

Again, please name a few players who should be paid more than Brady.

Manning, Brees, Rodgers, Rivers, Romo, and Favre. Want me to name non-QBs as well? And don't use PAST success as Brady's defense. I'm not denying Brady isn't top 10 still, and I think he's the best ever, but at this point in his career he's not the best anymore.

Manning, Brees, Rodgers, Rivers, Romo, and Favre. Want me to name non-QBs as well? And don't use PAST success as Brady's defense. I'm not denying Brady isn't top 10 still, and I think he's the best ever, but at this point in his career he's not the best anymore.

He's not the best ever either.

So you are basing Brady's decline on the poor season he had last year when he threw for 4,400 yards, 28 TD's, 65.7% completion percentage, 96.2 QB rating and a TD/INT ratio of better than 2:1?

I'm upset that each side reached an agreement because I would love to see Brady out of NE and the AFCE. But Brady is worth every $ of 18 mil he's getting for at least the next 3 years. Unless they really start drafting game changers the last year of his contract will be highway robbery since I see his play will begin to diminish by then.

Seriously?

Manning? Ok. You love his numbers greatly added by Polian and his role on the rule committee.

Brees? Sure. He had a great season last year and has a nice run of 4000+ yard seasons.

Rodgers? He, IMHO, probably has the most upside at this moment, but he has to prove it. Only a matter of time before he will be highest paid.

Rivers? :rl: What I said about Rodgers, Rivers came across that same path and elected to go down the wrong one.

Romo? :rl: x100

Favre? :rl: x100 bajillion.

It is funny, using your logice, the QB pecking order goes something like:

Vick 121 million

Eli 107 million

McNabb 100+ million

Peyton 99 million

Seriously?

Manning? Ok. You love his numbers greatly added by Polian and his role on the rule committee.

Brees? Sure. He had a great season last year and has a nice run of 4000+ yard seasons.

Rodgers? He, IMHO, probably has the most upside at this moment, but he has to prove it. Only a matter of time before he will be highest paid.

Rivers? :rl: What I said about Rodgers, Rivers came across that same path and elected to go down the wrong one.

Romo? :rl: x100

Favre? :rl: x100 bajillion.

It is funny, using your logice, the QB pecking order goes something like:

Vick 121 million

Eli 107 million

McNabb 100+ million

Peyton 99 million

All of these QBs have outplayed Brady with lesser talent around them...

Archived