Brian Schottenheimer: The writing is on the wall

s dubb

Callahan is already the assistant HC. This move is a foregone conclusion. I think Schotty has naked pics of Woody or something. There is literally no rational explanation for why Schotty is on this staff.

Sanchez is not going to take that next step unless he's gone.

I could see this being true especially if you heard Rex's postgame press conference that he said he didn't pull Shonn Greene. That means Schotty did and why doesn't Rex have a say in that situation.

Rex needs to get it in his ******* head that he isnt a defensive Co but a HEAD COACH! it's his team. Why is his subordinate running sh*t? The more I read the more annoyed I get by this entire situation.

He can't take a joke either... we roughed him up at JI and he started cursing everyone out lol.

That said everything he's said about the Jets the last couple weeks has been correct. Still don't know how big of a deal it is but at minimum I pray it means Rex DEMANDS Shotty open it up...

REX is master of the GROUND and POUND. Why blame SCHOTTY when he was following orders? The headcoach has ultimate responsibility to set the tone of how he wants the game to be played. He has never said he like to thorow it deep. he brags about the run game-always. Schotty is not very good I agree but REX is the ONE!

Sanchez is not going to take that next step unless he's gone.

Its up to REX. he is the HC. He has the ultimate responsibility of dictating how a game is played. We are all quick to blame SCHOTTY but REX shares some blame too. And from what we saw of SANCHEX I have my doubts he will develop into a star QB. He seemed very pedestrian last night. In 17 games he has played for us, all but two( playoffs )were fairly weak performances. That was the worst performasnce from a JETS QB since 1976. Even worse then any game Clemens has started statistically.

REX is master of the GROUND and POUND. Why blame SCHOTTY when he was following orders? The headcoach has ultimate responsibility to set the tone of how he wants the game to be played. He has never said he like to thorow it deep. he brags about the run game-always. Schotty is not very good I agree but REX is the ONE!

Schotty has been running this stink offense for over 4 years. Rex made it perfectly clear this offseason that he was giving 100% control back to Schotty to do his thing - after getting involved last year - once again, Schotty's system is hurting the team.

Ground and pound my a$$. Rex wants ball control and clock dominance. He doesn't give Schotty orders, that much is clear... or we'd pound it up the middle on every play. The game sure as sh*t wouldn't have started with a reverse.

Schotty's pre-snap shenanigans cost us at least 3 false starts by our very good OT's last night AT HOME. What good team has multiple false starts @ home??? None.

i've been defending sh*tty for years, but even I can't defend him anymore

he doesn't go after match ups, he doesn't exploit weaknesses, he doesn't have a clue

as gruden said " the jets just went 10 yards and i'm exhausted"

way too much shifting, way too much non sense, just line up ang go

sure, kill a play if you don't get a good look, but sanchez is not peyton manning, he shouldn't be in a chess match out there

Rex has already said they're underutilizing Braylon and they have to open it up. Ground and pound isn't effective if you don't show you're capable of completing a pass longer than 5 yards.

He also pretty much admitted they've neutered Sancheckdown. I have no doubt there was at minimum a heated exchange btw Rex and Schotty last night.

I recall an article last year where Rex admitted seeking advice from Parcells... time to do that again and find out what to say to Mark to get him to grow back his balls.

Agreed, 100%.

Just shocked that a football guy like Rex hasn't been able to impart that little nugget of wisdom onto Tanny and Woody.

That Bob character who reported the Revis signing said Rex and Schotty got into an argument that involed Schotty PUSHING Rex.

The following year under Schottenheimer, 2007, Chad ranked an inexplicable 15th. The team decided he was fragile and probably done, so they let him go and brought in Favre, who promptly ranked 21st among quarterbacks in Schottenheimer's simplified scheme

Suck on it, Chad haters. If people didn't hate Chad so much Schotty would have been exposed years ago.

The real problem here is Woody is in love with Schotty. He sees himself in Schotty and tries to live vicariously through him. Remember, Schott For Brains was the second choice for head coach behind Rex. Its just like these losers trying to live through Mark Sanchez's imaginary sex life, they get blinded by their need for a satisfying fantasy life. Woody sees himself in Schotty. Poor guy is burdened with a famous family name, that makes life so hard! Everyone keeps saying he only has his job because of connections, thats not true! Stop being mean to Schotty!

Rex has already said they're underutilizing Braylon and they have to open it up. Ground and pound isn't effective if you don't show you're capable of completing a pass longer than 5 yards.

He also pretty much admitted they've neutered Sancheckdown. I have no doubt there was at minimum a heated exchange btw Rex and Schotty last night.

I recall an article last year where Rex admitted seeking advice from Parcells... time to do that again and find out what to say to Mark to get him to grow back his balls.

To think, I wanted your boyfriend outta here to prevent this very thing and it happenned anyway...

They "underutilized" Edwards last night because the Ravens chose to take him out of the game. Ray Lewis said this right after the game...He said specifically that the Ravens targeted Edwards because the WR passing game is built around him.

A couple things this tells you...but I've stated them before and I'm sure they'll fall on deaf ears anyway.

I can't wait for Holmes to show up so that Edwards is able to get more looks.

They "underutilized" Edwards last night because the Ravens chose to take him out of the game. Ray Lewis said this right after the game...He said specifically that the Ravens targeted Edwards because the WR passing game is built around him.

A couple things this tells you...but I've stated them before and I'm sure they'll fall on deaf ears anyway.

I can't wait for Holmes to show up so that Edwards is able to get more looks.

Right and now the next issue is that they decided to have Brad Smith as their # 3 and Cotch had butter fingers... and NOBODY else

FWIW Braylon could have been used in that game, he had WIDE open moments... the play just wasn't even looking at him... Shotty seemed to be using him as a decoy.l

Right and now the next issue is that they decided to have Brad Smith as their # 3 and Cotch had butter fingers... and NOBODY else

FWIW Braylon could have been used in that game, he had WIDE open moments... the play just wasn't even looking at him... Shotty seemed to be using him as a decoy.l

Yea...that was probably right in the plan, as well as to check down everything. That's how offensive coaches think points are scored.

"Watch Braylon Edwards get wide open and then throw it out to the flats for a couple," that's something I could picture Sanchez being told to do.

Was Schotty supposed to pass it to him when he got wide open?

Yea...that was probably right in the plan, as well as to check down everything. That's how offensive coaches think points are scored.

"Watch Braylon Edwards get wide open and then throw it out to the flats for a couple," that's something I could picture Sanchez being told to do.

Was Schotty supposed to pass it to him when he got wide open?

You are not understanding, my fault.

He had Braylon signal Sanchex like they were going to try and go over the top, trying to lure some help to his side... then Sanchez would lock in on one guy on the other side and never even look at Braylon.

That is all Shotty.

You are not understanding, my fault.

He had Braylon signal Sanchex like they were going to try and go over the top, trying to lure some help to his side... then Sanchez would lock in on one guy on the other side and never even look at Braylon.

That is all Shotty.

What you did there has been seen unless I continue to misunderstand.

Archived