Braylon Edwards Busted for DWI

PatsFanTX

Just to play Devil's advocate, why are we bringing in a "known idiot" in the first place?

Braylon is a decent WR1 who was brought in to be a weapon for Sanchez. Now that we have Holmes too, lets hope he stays out of trouble so we can unload Edwards at the end of the season.

Rex falls in love with talent first, character second. I think he's learning pretty fast though, you cant have too many idiots on one team.

They got rid of Kerry because of it.

• Replies 450
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I could not agree more. Some of you are crazy! Once he scores a TD and makes a crazy catch next week this will be and should be forgotten.

We knew that Braylon AND Santonio were NOT getting new contracts at the end of 2010. So if Santonio plays like the stud he is and stays out of trouble, who do you think gets let go? It was always going to be a "whoever plays the good soldier AND produces gets the contract" situation between Edwards and Holmes. This could help make that decision easy.

No one said he was an "eagle scout" and let's not jump to conclusions with "we never would've heard about it crap" and could've, would've because of what happened with the Suzy Kolper BS...

BE is a POS...Namath never was when it came to the TEAM.

It's not that the DUI's happened and no one heard about it. It's that they really weren't that frowned upon nor enforced back then. If Namath was pulled over for drunk driving in his era he would have been told to sleep it off in the backseat at the very worst. Hell my father, who was born in 1955, used to tell me tons of stories about him getting pulled over drunk when he was in his late teens/early 20's and never got a ticket. One time a cop had him park it on the shoulder of the Verrrazzano bridge and sleep it off. The cops threw his keys in the front seat while he was sleeping. My grandfather crashed over a guard rail and flipped his car while drunk in his day. He went to sleep in the upside down car and was found a couple hours later. When the cops woke him up he had to convince them he was even driving (they didn't believe him because he was sleeping across the roof of the back seat). Even still he never got a ticket.

Point is while I agree what Braylon did was childish and selfish, you can't compare the standards that players are held to today to the old days. It's a much diffwerent world, and a much different NFL.

Just to play Devil's advocate, why are we bringing in a "known idiot" in the first place?

Braylon is a decent WR1 who was brought in to be a weapon for Sanchez. Now that we have Holmes too, lets hope he stays out of trouble so we can unload Edwards at the end of the season.

This is exactly what I'm saying man! A "KNOWN IDIOT"...what exactly makes him a "KNOWN IDIOT"? That he beat up Lebrons little friend who you know was most likely talking sh*t too. Doesnt make sense...he's been nothing but a great player here, few drops here and there but that happens. Known idiot makes no sense, hope he's back on the field scoring TD's soon so all the "known idiots" jumping all over this guy can move on from this, cause you know you will.

We knew that Braylon AND Santonio were NOT getting new contracts at the end of 2010. So if Santonio plays like the stud he is and stays out of trouble, who do you think gets let go? It was always going to be a "whoever plays the good soldier AND produces gets the contract" situation between Edwards and Holmes. This could help make that decision easy.

Who is "we" ? This is all speculation and now because B.E made a mistake you guys have him out of NY 2 games into the season. Give me a break.

Way to address my above post.

And please stay on topic, as your comments are hilarious regarding the situation.

What's hilarious about them?

Its the truth. .16 to one person is completely different than another. And to most adult males, .16 isnt stupid drunk. Accusing the guy of being a murderer because he made a mistake and underestimated how tipsy he was...is just that, a mistake. He could have stopped drinking two hours earlier, tried to recover and then drive. No one knows the details.

He deserves to be punished by the team, and then allowed to play the following week.

Thats fine if it makes it easier. But the truth of the matter is he makes us a better team now, this year. From what I hear, including Steve Weatherford today on 1050 saying he has been a great teammate and a hard worker.

This is exactly what I'm saying man! A "KNOWN IDIOT"...what exactly makes him a "KNOWN IDIOT"? That he beat up Lebrons little friend who you know was most likely talking sh*t too. Doesnt make sense...he's been nothing but a great player here, few drops here and there but that happens. Known idiot makes no sense, hope he's back on the field scoring TD's soon so all the "known idiots" jumping all over this guy can move on from this, cause you know you will.

Braylon's a known idiot the same way Kerry Rhodes was one.

Did you read the NY Times article about him trashing Cleveland because of its lack of social networking? Braylon is a tool...he isnt well respected in the locker room and he's an average WR.

What's hilarious about them?

Its the truth. .16 to one person is completely different than another. And to most adult males, .16 isnt stupid drunk. Accusing the guy of being a murderer because he made a mistake and underestimated how tipsy he was...is just that, a mistake. He could have stopped drinking two hours earlier, tried to recover and then drive. No one knows the details.

He deserves to be punished by the team, and then allowed to play the following week.

It's pretty drunk dude. .16 is the same universally, it's the amount of drinks it takes to get there that varies. .16 isn't oops I crapped my pants-wasted but it's still enough to hurt someone else on the road.

Who is "we" ? This is all speculation and now because B.E made a mistake you guys have him out of NY 2 games into the season. Give me a break.

Just be glad all these people don't run the team. These are the same people who will be jumping out of their seats when he's catching fade routes in the enzone and doing the dougie on opposing teams CB's haha Or the 40+'s with no sense of humor who cry a river when he gets a 15 yd penalty. I for one was laughing my a$$ off, loved seeing how pissed it got Butler. 15 yds on a punt who gives a crap...worth it!

Did you read the NY Times article about him trashing Cleveland because of its lack of social networking? Braylon is a tool...he isnt well respected in the locker room and he's an average WR.

Hes more than average WR hes a playmaker and makes things happen. Hes the best WR we have had since KJ and WC. Coles cant carry hs jock. And didnt LC have issues in college with stealing. These guys are humans give them a break.

It's pretty drunk dude. .16 is the same universally, it's the amount of drinks it takes to get there that varies. .16 isn't oops I crapped my pants-wasted but it's still enough to hurt someone else on the road.

Sure, it is. But fact of the matter is, he didn't. He's lucky he didn't....but I don't think its fair to hold him accountable for what could have happened.

Like I said earlier lets hope he learns from this and doesn't drink and drive anymore.

Hate to break it to ya man but without that TOOL and "AVERAGE" WR we don't beat the Pats. Plain and Simple.

Every person is different not everyone with .16 has same characteristics. I dont remember reading where he crapped his pants.

Its the truth. .16 to one person is completely different than another. And to most adult males, .16 isnt stupid drunk.

Again, you are still missing the point.

It doesn't matter if you are slightly drunk, moderately drunk or super trashed.

According to New York law, if you blow over a .08 you are drunk.

Hate to break it to ya man but without that TOOL and "AVERAGE" WR we don't beat the Pats. Plain and Simple.

I dont mind him having him out there, but he's definitely upgradeable. And from the reports today and in the past...a lot of guys don't really enjoy his act.

Not a legal expert here.

But would that count if he got arrested in a different state ?

ESPN said this morning its not a league issue. The NYJETS will fine him accordingly I doubt he will be suspended theres still alot of unsold PSLs. Why doesnt Woody take a stand and STOP SELLING ALCOHOL AT THE NEXT HOME GAME to prove a point.

Again, you are still missing the point.

It doesn't matter if you are slightly drunk, moderately drunk or super trashed.

According to New York law, if you blow over a .08 you are drunk.

Yes, I realize that and he deserves to be punished, which he will. Its the overreaction to Rex having zero control over the team because ONE player makes a stupid decision to drive after some drinks was what I take issue with. Also, Braylon didnt hurt anyone other than himself, so lets no pretend that he did.

What could have happened didnt happen luckily.

Not a legal expert here.

But would that count if he got arrested in a different state ?

That's what I've been saying, I feel like I'm taking crazy pills. A DWI counts as a violation if a Cleveland judge says it counts. We have someone on this board who knows Ohio law fairly well and I'm about to start posting Macho Man videos if he doesn't tell us what's the norm here. The fact that it was in a different state probably isn't going to matter from a decisional standpoint, only a jurisdictional one.

ESPN said this morning its not a league issue. The NYJETS will fine him accordingly I doubt he will be suspended theres still alot of unsold PSLs. Why doesnt Woody take a stand and STOP SELLING ALCOHOL AT THE NEXT HOME GAME to prove a point.

Who the hell would attend a Football game with out booze?

What does this have to do with him violating court ordered probation? :huh:

Really dude? Its pretty common knowledge that Cromartie, Edwards and Holmes were not all going to get new contracts. Its a matter of finances. We signed our core 4 and don't have the money to pay two # 1 receivers. Don't believe me? Here you go:

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/04/12/holmes-trade-isnt-good-news-for-braylon-edwards/

A court ordered probation? On what grounds? He was never indicted on any of the previous charges. That I remember?

Lets all do our part to join Braylon---NO ALCOHOL SALES AT THE NEXT HOME GAME.

WOW, you are drunk way too early today!

He pleaded no contest in court, and got put on probation!

He got arrested on probation!

Which violates his probation!

Have another drink!

Let me get this straight, because nobody was hurt or killed, you are justifying Edwards' decision to drive drunk?

Oh come on....you know thats not what he means! Man go worry about your own damn team, of course you want him punished I'd love to see what youd be saying if this was Moss or Welker.

Driving drunk is illegal in all 50 states. Isn't that enough to say that its wrong, or do we really need to get into a moral/ethical debate about it? Its stupid and irresponsible, especially when we're talking about a millionaire athlete who can BUY a limo company if he wants.

No, he didn't kill anybody, but is that where we're drawing the line these days? I haven't killed anybody but I generally think I'm a bad person (along with most people). Either he's dumb or proud and neither are good attributes.

Yuck, can't believe I'm agreeing with TX.

Anything else is pure hypocrisy. Woody knows when the game is over he is sending a minimum of 20,000 drunks out onto the road

Archived