Braylon Edwards Busted for DWI

PatsFanTX

Wrong. Drunk driving is personal conduct policy.

Braylon Edwards DWI does not fall under personal conduct policy, per CBA. It is under substance, if no extenuating circumstances.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/09/21/jets-have-strong-words-for-braylon-but-will-they-take-action/

Technically, drunk driving arrests fall under the substance-abuse policy, which permits the imposition of a fine or a suspension in the event of an arrest relating to the use of alcohol. But unless Edwards calls the league office and says, "I'm guilty and I'd like my suspension now, please," the league won't be in a position to act until after the legal process has concluded. Even then, Edwards has appeal rights that could drag the situation out beyond the end of the 2010 season.

Even then, the substance-abuse policy states that the discipline for first offense DUI "will generally be" a fine of two game checks, with a maximum of $50,000.

• Replies 450
  • Created
  • Last Reply

He can do anything he wants. If someone gets arrested for any reason, he has the right to suspend them. Hell, Roethlisberger has never been arrested and he was suspended.

Roethlisberger suspension was under the personal conduct policy. An arrest for DWI clearly falls under the substance abuse policy. It's clearly stated the 1st offense under substance abuse carries a fine and not suspension.

How does getting hammered stay fun past about 23?

2hrs=fun 8hrs=spinning/puking/being an a$$

I had my fun in the Navy, but it got old. Don't understand why people keep doing it, unless they quietly have a hook in their back.

Edit: Every picture he has 2 drinks. Hook in his back. Sadly, this will continue. ..and it's valid now to consider this might be where his bad games/drops come from.

Wrong. Drunk driving is personal conduct policy. Donte Stalworth wasn't suspended for a year for violating the substance abuse policy. (Not that I think Edwards will get a year, cause he didn't kill anyone, just pointing out you have the wrong policy.)

Wishful, yet retarded thinking!

What else is new?

Im not sure of the law in NY, but im pretty sure that if you deny taking the breathalyzer you forfeit your priviledge of driving automatically. ALso, i believe the cop can arrest you and have an RN pull blood or sumin like that to check BAC.

You can refuse the breathalyzer and submit to field sobriety test and arrest at the same time requesting a blood alchohol level which is much more accurate. The potential benefit with this is it can take hours to prepare for this giving your body time to metabolize the ETOH. Drinking alot of water speeds the metabolic rate and the police cannot deny you water. You can further delay the process by questioning the credentials of the person who will perform the blood draw. An ID badge is NOT sufficient, a state license for MD, RN, phlebotomist etc is acceptable proof. Blood alchohol will drop .25 points per hour. Do the math. The police and courts cannot assume you were drunk based on a delayed blood draw.

1 of the most productive WRs in a NYJETS uniform the last few years and already we are done with him? You guys kill me. The guy made a mistake. Would you also do this to family member or child? WOW

I could not agree more. Some of you are crazy! Once he scores a TD and makes a crazy catch next week this will be and should be forgotten.

If Rex had any control of his football team, or an ounce of discipline in his pinky, he would make Edwards inactive (only the league can suspend) for the game against the Phins.

It will be very interesting to see how Rex handles this.

Yeah, and I'm sure you'd feel the same way if it was Welker or Cindy busted for DWI with the Pats* playing the Jets on Sunday.

I feel bad for the kid I really do. Here he shows up for a charity event to try and do some good for his fellow human beings and then this happens.

How can you feel bad for him?

He elected to get trashed and then drive home.

All he had to do was call a limo for a ride home.

How can you feel bad for him?

He elected to get trashed and then drive home.

All he had to do was call a limo for a ride home.

because he was trying to do something good Mike-he went to Jerricho's charity function to help out the disadvantaged and then this happens to him. Was he right in driving after drinking the way the pictures show him to be? No, but it doesn't seem right or to fit in with the laws of karma to me. Who knows maybe the Big Guy Upstairs was trying to help him and the other 3 people with him NOT get killed-which could have very easily happened this morning. I believe that there's a reason for everything that happens to us.

How does getting hammered stay fun past about 23?

2hrs=fun 8hrs=spinning/puking/being an a$$

I had my fun in the Navy, but it got old. Don't understand why people keep doing it, unless they quietly have a hook in their back.

Edit: Every picture he has 2 drinks. Hook in his back. Sadly, this will continue. ..and it's valid now to consider this might be where his bad games/drops come from.

Not making excuses for the guy but breathalyzer of 1.6 hardly = spinning/puking/being an a$$ or hook in back.

1.6 = walking talking fine with a decent buzz, not sh*tfaced as you suggest.

Wrong. Drunk driving is personal conduct policy. Donte Stalworth wasn't suspended for a year for violating the substance abuse policy. (Not that I think Edwards will get a year, cause he didn't kill anyone, just pointing out you have the wrong policy.)

If you read earlier in the thread, two reports are already saying DUI falls under substance abuse.

Stalworth wasn't suspended for DUI, he was suspended for manslaughter.

because he was trying to do something good Mike-he went to Jerricho's charity function to help out the disadvantaged and then this happens to him. Was he right in driving after drinking the way the pictures show him to be? No, but it doesn't seem right or to fit in with the laws of karma to me. Who knows maybe the Big Guy Upstairs was trying to help him and the other 3 people with him NOT get killed-which could have very easily happened this morning. I believe that there's a reason for everything that happens to us.

haha...as hard as u try, the softee liberal still peeks thru in the posts wink.gif

I dont want him burned at stake, but I dont feel sorry for him cause he could have killed some innocent and he is smart enuf to know that..

Imagine a loved family member killed by a drunk driver.

Not making excuses for the guy but breathalyzer of 1.6 hardly = spinning/puking/being an a$$ or hook in back.

1.6 = walking talking fine with a decent buzz, not sh*tfaced as you suggest.

I disagree. 1.6 may not be spinning and puking, but it is pretty effing sh*tfaced.

haha...as hard as u try, the softee liberal still peeks thru in the posts wink.gif

I dont want him burned at stake, but I dont feel sorry for him cause he could have killed some innocent and he is smart enuf to know that..

Imagine a loved family member killed by a drunk driver.

exactly right SJ-which is why I think this was God intervening in his life this morning-maybe saving his life. Had he been at some club being a thug turd like Plaxico Burress maybe he WOULDN'T have gotten pulled over and the worst HAD happened. We know how things happen in threes, that Denver player committing suicide, Braylon Edwards could have been number two on that list. This isn't so much my liberal ideology as it is my recovery side...in AA our room we have a sign on our wall that says There But For The Grace Of God Go I

Archived