Braylon Edwards Busted for DWI

PatsFanTX

Oh Braylon...dumb move that you'll now have to climb over to win over a fanbase that already likes their shiny new toy they haven't even played with yet more than you.

He'll be alright...I still think he's the most important WR on this team even after Holmes comes back. I don't think Holmes could do what Edwards did for this offense last year.

I refuse to read the 19 pages of what I'll guess to be completely overreactions and quick judgements...I'll accept a summary from anyone willing.

• Replies 450
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Man people are just misunderstanding what I'm saying.

This was a bad decision. He shouldnt have done it. It was wrong, scary, dangerous, and stupid. However, according to the NFL, the place where Braylon Edwards works, he should only be fined. According to the law and records, he only made this mistake once. Does that deserve us throwing this guy to the wolves? Some of you think yes and thats fine you can have your opinion. All I'm saying is up until this point he was well behaved here, a great teammate, and a huge part of our team. He makes our team better and would help us win in Miami. And 90% of you will be standing up cheering this guy with a beer in your hand next Sunday if they decided to let him play.

Since when does selfish penalties, that backs up your team, make you "a great teammate?" :huh:

Oh Braylon...dumb move that you'll now have to climb over to win over a fanbase that already likes a WR way more than you despite the fact that you've taken the field and done some very good things for this team.

I think he'll do it. Braylon's going to be the sh*t here, and he's still going to be the most important WR on the team even when Holmes comes back.

Won't make him any less of a jerk!

Oh Braylon...dumb move that you'll now have to climb over to win over a fanbase that already likes a WR way more than you despite the fact that you've taken the field and done some very good things for this team.

I think he'll do it. Braylon's going to be the sh*t here, and he's still going to be the most important WR on the team even when Holmes comes back.

lol, you're in for a shock.

This was a bad decision. He shouldnt have done it. It was wrong, scary, dangerous, and stupid. However, according to the NFL, the place where Braylon Edwards works, he should only be fined. According to the law and records, he only made this mistake once. Does that deserve us throwing this guy to the wolves? Some of you think yes and thats fine you can have your opinion. All I'm saying is up until this point he was well behaved here, a great teammate, and a huge part of our team. He makes our team better and would help us win in Miami. And 90% of you will be standing up cheering this guy with a beer in your hand Sunday if they decided to let him play.

No, I think you're misunderstanding what some here are saying. He's a ******* idiot POS that made a bad decision when his responsibility should be to the Jets organization and the fans. Playing in the NFL is a short time venture. If you must act like an idiot, wait until your career is over and your responsibility will be like the majority of us...to your family.

Debatable. Based on his track record, Holmes has nothing to prove. He's been a better receiver than Edwards throughout his career and has accomplished more despite being younger. What he lacks in Braylon's height he makes up for with better hands, more speed and YAC ability, and also like Edwards, he can make a highlight-reel type catch. I don't see why its a given that Braylon is going to be more important to this team down the stretch.

This was a bad decision. He shouldnt have done it. It was wrong, scary, dangerous, and stupid. However, according to the NFL, the place where Braylon Edwards works, he should only be fined. According to the law and records, he only made this mistake once. Does that deserve us throwing this guy to the wolves? Some of you think yes and thats fine you can have your opinion. All I'm saying is up until this point he was well behaved here, a great teammate, and a huge part of our team. He makes our team better and would help us win in Miami. And 90% of you will be standing up cheering this guy with a beer in your hand Sunday if they decided to let him play.

Maybe because you're doing an atrocious job of making a point :lol:

The Jets should grow a pair of balls and do the right thing and suspend him.

Please dont think I'm taking away of the severity of what he did cause I'm not. All I'm saying is it just seems like people here make it seem like he is nothing but trouble and thats not fair. People **** up and yes this is a bad one that can have SEVERE consequences and thank god it didnt but its a mistake that unfortunately a lot of people make, too many people in fact. I agree with the drug thing too, that would actually be a better situation but I dont know how his incident in Cleveland and now this is making people react as if he is a complete menace when he hasnt had a single issue in a Jet uniform up till now.

I'm not saying he shouldnt be suspended or anything either, if thats what they decide to do thats fine but I wouldnt blame them either way (although I would love to have him playing against Miami). I'm just saying calling this guy trash and a POS is a little harsh when half the people here should look in the mirror and ask if theyve ever been involved in an incident similar to these 2 and just happened to not get caught.

Okay then I am with you. It was terrible what he did and I think he should be suspended. But he has been good since he has been here. I hope he learns from this though, definitely should serve as a wake up call.

541 yards, 4 TDs, and a negative DVOA? Put me down for the over.

Oh yeah?

Well...well...I got nothing...call it a gut feel. I just can't shake that "Holmes is basically Donte Stallworth" feeling off.

Oh oh...I have one thing...Edwards helped our running game as best a WR could help the running game. So...there.

OK, good!

Thanks, that could have led to allot of problems for him.

True.

But it was a minor assault case where he would have gotten way less than a yr if he actually went to jail, so he wouldn't have gotten a long probation.

You guys are really ok with suspending him to prove a point and possibly going down 2.5 games in our division? Thats the only thing that bothers me. If the NFL does something fine but if not I dunno I just dont see a benefit to sitting him. Just heard a caller on 1050 and he was 100% correct, the only one who should be punished for his stupidity is Braylon Edwards. If you sit him, you're instead punishing the organization, the other players and the fans! Thats just my opinion though I guess we'll see what they'll do. Sitting him is cutting off your nose to spite your face.

True.

But it was a minor assault case where he would have gotten way less than a yr if he actually went to jail, so he wouldn't have gotten a long probation.

Well he's lucky he only got 6 months, he could have easily gotten a year.

In fact we would have probably got a year, and sometimes you can get more probation than possible sentence, just as a plea to avoid trial and possible jail time.

You guys are really ok with suspending him to prove a point and possibly going down 2.5 games in our division? Thats the only thing that bothers me. If the NFL does something fine but if not I dunno I just dont see a benefit to sitting him. Just heard a caller on 1050 and he was 100% correct, the only one who should be punished for his stupidity is Braylon Edwards. If you sit him, you're instead punishing the organization, the other players and the fans! Thats just my opinion though I guess we'll see what they'll do. Sitting him is cutting off your nose to spite your face.

As mad as I am about it and as much as I think he should be suspended...I am hoping he gets off lightly here. I want the Jets to win games and would root for Ray Lewis if need be. Eric Mangini can have the choir boys.

I hope they don't sit him, but I can see why they are considering it with all the bad light being shed the Jets way.

This fool jumps to the front of the line... They should fine him as much as they can!

As mad as I am about it and as much as I think he should be suspended...I am hoping he gets off lightly here. I want the Jets to win games and would root for Ray Lewis if need be. Eric Mangini can have the choir boys.

haha Max I completely agree. It unfortunate that we have to hope for that but I really wanna beat these f*cks and knock them off their 2-0 high horse.

Why does he deserve to get suspended? Ronnie Brown won’t be. If this is his first offense the league max is ½ game check, or $50,000

Archived