Braylon Edwards Busted for DWI

PatsFanTX

It would do more harm to the team than the overall good sitting him out for a crucial game would do. Fine his a$$ for as much as you can, and let him know he had better make up for it by having the game of his life on Sunday.

You think he cares whether he gets fined or not? Hell no. Suspend him. It shows Braylon and the team that you need to act accordingly to play for this ball club. We're not the ******* Raiders or the Bengals.

And not to be a dick, but we have more more weapons than you guys do even without Edwards. The Bills ohmost beat the Dolphins. I'm not scared of them.

• Replies 450
  • Created
  • Last Reply

GB will be tougher but Miami is more important, and we need Edwards against that run D.

We'd be fine against Miami. LT and Keller would be enough to get our playmakers open in space. They're not that good. Green Bay concerns me because it's far enough in the future, and Williams would definitely negate Cotch, and their LB's are good enough to take Keller away.

Ever hear of the word "leaked". Are you seriously telling me you have never heard of a player failing a drug test before?

Yeah after it was his second offense and he got suspended for it!

The failed drug tests are kept confidential!

Tell me one that was leaked, it should be easy to find as the player association would have gone nuts over it!

I'm waiting...

We'd be fine against Miami. LT and Keller would be enough to get our playmakers open in space. They're not that good. Green Bay concerns me because it's far enough in the future, and Williams would definitely negate Cotch, and their LB's are good enough to take Keller away.

Agree that GB is tougher, but that's the case with or without Edwards and we'll have Holmes back by then anyway. You may be right about Tomlinson and Keller, but considering that Davis and Smith can be shaky in coverage, it'd be nice to have one guy who can command a double.

Still can't be objective villain?

It's not hate it's anger because he held out with 3 years left on his deal, when the Jets told him he would get a new one, and now it's hurting the team.

He also admitted he missed all of camp trying to get more than Aso, and ended up taking the middle deal that was already on the table!

I'm glad you negotiation fans are happy, but I root for the Jets and when something hurts the team it pisses me off!

Right now Revis and Braylon are pissing me off, and it has nothing to do with hate!

I can be objective. Dude, you think I liked him being out the entire preseason, knowing that he's hurt right now simply because he wanst in football shape? I understand brooklyn. My problem is that people cant let it go. Its like if your girlfriend breaks up with you and instead of getting a new one you keep hanging on to the tit. Its done with. I've read the entire summer about his dude. Its week 3 and im STILL reading about this guys 3 year deal that he didnt honor. This is past being objective, thats obsessive. The season is here...end it already.

So in all honesty, it felt pretty good to log on and see that Braylon took initiative to put the spotlight back on him where it belongs. Remember,...he was the thug turd around here lol. He's been trying hard too. First he grew the "rick ross", then he broke out the "Dougie" on the Pats, now he got beer caught in his beard. Dude is making a statement to leave Revis alone...im just listening. :D

What up brooklyn!

This team is just so disciplined & focused. Great Job Braylon.

You make 7 digits and can't afford a NYC cab or Subway ride?

Pathetic. Another distraction for a team plenty distracted already.

what a freaking retard, but honestly when you are buzzed or drunk you aren't making good decisions, you hope your wingman will be looking out for you.

No one said he was an "eagle scout" and let's not jump to conclusions with "we never would've heard about it crap" and could've, would've because of what happened with the Suzy Kolper BS...

BE is a POS...Namath never was when it came to the TEAM.

I dont get this.....he's a POS because he got a DUI? You dont know any other person who ever got a DUI? You guys act like he's nothing but trouble. Has he had some problems yea but gimmie a break. I dont know where this attitude about him comes from. He hasnt caused a single issue here, he got in a f*ucking fight in cleveland big deal! None of you ever got in a fight in a bar before? None of you ever drove drunk when you should have called a taxi too? and dont gimmie this "I dont make millions" Bullsh*t, its a f*uckin taxi! I'm not saying that its right at all, because it absolutely isnt! But damn ease up on the guy, he ****ed up but anything I hear about him is that he's a great teamate and a hard worker on the field AND on top of it all he was at a charity event...yea some POS he is.

No one said he was an "eagle scout" and let's not jump to conclusions with "we never would've heard about it crap" and could've, would've because of what happened with the Suzy Kolper BS...

BE is a POS...Namath never was when it came to the TEAM.

C'mon man, did you ever hear about a DWI before the 80's? No one really thought there was much wrong with driving drunk yet in the 60's. Joe could've spent every drunken moment of his life behind the wheel in the 60's & 70's and we never would've heard about it. Be real.

I can be objective. Dude, you think I liked him being out the entire preseason, knowing that he's hurt right now simply because he wanst in football shape? I understand brooklyn. My problem is that people cant let it go. Its like if your girlfriend breaks up with you and instead of getting a new one you keep hanging on to the tit. Its done with. I've read the entire summer about his dude. Its week 3 and im STILL reading about this guys 3 year deal that he didnt honor. This is past being objective, thats obsessive. The season is here...end it already.

So in all honesty, it felt pretty good to log on and see that Braylon took initiative to put the spotlight back on him where it belongs. Remember,...he was the thug turd around here lol. He's been trying hard too. First he grew the "rick ross", then he broke out the "Dougie" on the Pats, now he got beer caught in his beard. Dude is making a statement to leave Revis alone...im just listening. :D

What up brooklyn!

What up Bronx! and Capitalize Brooklyn next time, or we will have a serious problem!

Braylan was always a clown, this sh*t does not surprise me, but I expect more from Revis!

Now your girlfriend example is not the way this is!

It's more like you broke up with your girlfriend because she cut your nuts off, and now you new girlfriend is complaining because you can't hose her down correctly!

As long as there are lingering effects from the holdout, then this sh*t ain't over. I know you are sick of it, as am I!

Now if you behave yourself I'll give it a rest, but make no mistake this sh*t is happening because Revis put himself above the team.

Whether you find it justifiable or not, he still put himself above the team! Now, if you think I'm a hater, you are an a$$!

C'mon man, did you ever hear about a DWI before the 80's? No one really thought there was much wrong with driving drunk yet in the 60's. Joe could've spent every drunken moment of his life behind the wheel in the 60's & 70's and we never would've heard about it. Be real.

I just dont see where all the hate comes from for this guy. It's completely unwarranted. Hate to see what you guys would do if your family member got in a bar fight and a DUI...what are you gonna do disown them? You would think the guys been in trouble every single week the way people are reacting.

I just dont see where all the hate comes from for this guy. It's completely unwarranted. Hate to see what you guys would do if your family member got in a bar fight and a DUI...what are you gonna do disown them? You would think the guys been in trouble every single week the way people are reacting.

+1

It's more like you broke up with your girlfriend because she cut your nuts off, and now you new girlfriend is complaining because you can't hose her down correctly!

Whether you find it justifiable or not, he still put himself above the team! Now, if you think I'm a hater, you are an a$$!

First off get it right. I've been an a$$ long before you've ever been a hater. Please dont discredit my a$$ness. Secondly,.... Brooklyn! lol.

Third. Sun, was it really that bad what Revis did? LMAO! that is obviously exccessive my dude! Im about to find you and give you a hug because obviously you're hurting bro.

Agree that GB is tougher, but that's the case with or without Edwards and we'll have Holmes back by then anyway. You may be right about Tomlinson and Keller, but considering that Davis and Smith can be shaky in coverage, it'd be nice to have one guy who can command a double.

It's obviously ideal but it's not remotely necessary. If Favre wasn't in retard mode he could have hung 400 on them this past Sunday, and don't forget that's without Rice.

What up Bronx! and Capitalize Brooklyn next time, or we will have a serious problem!

Braylan was always a clown, this sh*t does not surprise me, but I expect more from Revis!

Now you girlfriend example is not the way this is!

It's more like you broke up with your girlfriend, because she cut your nuts off, and now you new girlfriend is complaining because you can't hose her down correctly!

As long as there are lingering effects from the holdout, then this sh*t ain't over. I know you are sick of it, as am I!

Now if you behave yourself I'll give it a rest, but make no mistake this sh*t is happening because Revis put himself above the team.

Whether you find it justifiable or not, he still put himself above the team! Now if you think I'm a hater, you are an a$!

Will you get your panties out of your crack already! Jeebus Christopher... you are the king of the crybabies. Just give it a rest.

crybaby.pngcry-baby--56-1.jpg

Will you get your panties out of your crack already! Jeebus Christopher... you are the king of the crybabies. Just give it a rest.

Should I have expected anything less from you?

The last of the revisites that did not see him say he held out all of camp trying to get more than Aso money, and ended up taking the middle of the deals that was on the table.

Not crying, laughing! :rl:

I dont get this.....he's a POS because he got a DUI? You dont know any other person who ever got a DUI? You guys act like he's nothing but trouble. Has he had some problems yea but gimmie a break. I dont know where this attitude about him comes from. He hasnt caused a single issue here, he got in a f*ucking fight in cleveland big deal! None of you ever got in a fight in a bar before? None of you ever drove drunk when you should have called a taxi too? and dont gimmie this "I dont make millions" Bullshit, its a f*uckin taxi! I'm not saying that its right at all, because it absolutely isnt! But damn ease up on the guy, he fucked up but anything I hear about him is that he's a great teamate and a hard worker on the field AND on top of it all he was at a charity event...yea some POS he is.

I say he is a piece of sh*t because of the DUI. He has been good here, no doubt. But the DUI is just beyond stupid.

And yes I know people who have gotten DUIs as well. I called them a piece of sh*t also. I know a family that lost their Dad when he was hit by a drunk driver. So just because a lot of people make this mistake it doesn't mask the severity. If he was at home doing drugs or any other victimless crime I wouldn't really care. This though is completely different.

Just from looking at the pics,I mean...ehh, the guy was at an event, had a few too many vodkas and drove like an idiot.

Lets not turn him into a murderer here...I'm sure many of us here have done the same thing.

Either way, he'll get suspended one game and be back on the field. We can only hope he doesnt drink and drive anymore.

Just from looking at the pics,I mean...ehh, the guy was at an event, had a few too many vodkas and drove like an idiot.

Lets not turn him into a murderer here...I'm sure many of us here have done the same thing.

Either way, he'll get suspended one game and be back on the field. We can only hope he doesnt drink and drive anymore.

I don't agree with this. He isn't a murderer but luck is the reason. Again just because other people do it, doesn't make it right.

First off get it right. I've been an a$$ long before you've ever been a hater. Please dont discredit my a$$ness. Secondly,.... Brooklyn! lol.

Third. Sun, was it really that bad what Revis did? LMAO! that is obviously exccessive my dude! Im about to find you and give you a hug because obviously you're hurting bro.

Yes, you are an a$$!

Not hurting, pissed! Now maybe it hurts when you piss, but that does not make them the same.

Sunday was not that bad, because it showed we can win without Revis.

It's not excessive, his holdout is still hurting the team, it did against the Ravens too.

When he's healthy and can play, this thing will be over, hopefully sooner rather than later, as he is a great player.

No hate, plenty of a$$!

You think he cares whether he gets fined or not? Hell no. Suspend him. It shows Braylon and the team that you need to act accordingly to play for this ball club. We're not the ******* Raiders or the Bengals.

And not to be a dick, but we have more more weapons than you guys do even without Edwards. The Bills ohmost beat the Dolphins. I'm not scared of them.

We lost to the Bills last year, lost to the Dolphins twice last year. Braylon was a pretty effective weapon against the Dolphins last year and he was a key weapon against the Pats last week.

We will be very shorthanded without him against Miami, we do need him and the Jets are a football team and he is a key component of that team.

This is essentially a legal matter. The team should let it play out and put the best team on the field they possibly can.

Should I have expected anything less from you?

The last of the revisites that did not see him say he held out all of camp trying to get more than Aso money, and ended up taking the middle of the deals that was on the table.

Not crying, laughing! :rl:

I told you to find that link, and you couldn't. Why? Because it doesn't exist. The Jets had to up their offer on guaranteed money at the last minute to get him to sign.

The guy had $1M coming to him this year before he held out. After the holdout he's got $21M guaranteed coming to him for the same year of work. If you don't get that holding out was the smart thing for him to do professionally, I don't know what to tell you. This is his job. He wants to get paid appropriately. Let's burn him at the stake.

You act like this is ******* war, that these guys are out there risking their lives to defend NY from the New England Patriots or something. It's ******* entertainment. That's all it is. Revis is an entertainer. People pay money to see him play, they pay money to see winners more than losers. He wants his fair share. That's all it is.

Why is he under contract now? Because he's worth it.

You're a crybaby. Just stfu already. Seriously. You're unreadable. Move the **** on.

I say he is a piece of sh*t because of the DUI. He has been good here, no doubt. But the DUI is just beyond stupid.

And yes I know people who have gotten DUIs as well. I called them a piece of sh*t also. I know a family that lost their Dad when he was hit by a drunk driver. So just because a lot of people make this mistake it doesn't mask the severity. If he was at home doing drugs or any other victimless crime I wouldn't really care. This though is completely different.

Please dont think I'm taking away of the severity of what he did cause I'm not. All I'm saying is it just seems like people here make it seem like he is nothing but trouble and thats not fair. People **** up and yes this is a bad one that can have SEVERE consequences and thank god it didnt but its a mistake that unfortunately a lot of people make, too many people in fact. I agree with the drug thing too, that would actually be a better situation but I dont know how his incident in Cleveland and now this is making people react as if he is a complete menace when he hasnt had a single issue in a Jet uniform up till now.

I'm not saying he shouldnt be suspended or anything either, if thats what they decide to do thats fine but I wouldnt blame them either way (although I would love to have him playing against Miami). I'm just saying calling this guy trash and a POS is a little harsh when half the people here should look in the mirror and ask if theyve ever been involved in an incident similar to these 2 and just happened to not get caught.

I don't agree with this. He isn't a murderer but luck is the reason. Again just because other people do it, doesn't make it right.

.16 isnt super duper trashed. I'm not defending it, but he wasn't pulled over for erratic driving.

Obviously it isnt right, but so many people have DWI's its hard to kill him anymore than some random person down the street. He should be inactive this week...then be brought back.

I told you to find that link, and you couldn't. Why? Because it doesn't exist. The Jets had to up their offer on guaranteed money at the last minute to get him to sign.

The guy had $1M coming to him this year before he held out. After the holdout he's got $21M guaranteed coming to him for the same year of work. If you don't get that holding out was the smart thing for him to do professionally, I don't know what to tell you. This is his job. He wants to get paid appropriately. Let's burn him at the stake.

You act like this is ******* war, that these guys are out there risking their lives to defend NY from the New England Patriots or something. It's ******* entertainment. That's all it is. Revis is an entertainer. People pay money to see him play, they pay money to see winners more than losers. He wants his fair share. That's all it is.

Why is he under contract now? Because he's worth it.

You're a crybaby. Just stfu already. Seriously. You're unreadable. Move the **** on.

Blah, blah, blah...

No need to find the link, nor did I even try, because the whole board speaks!

You are the only one who is denying he said it, because it was on SNY over and over and over again, and everybody saw it!

He put himself above the team and it's hurting them now, I'm glad his bump in income makes you happy though.

I'll be happy when he can play!

Dude it's nothing like murder. Intent to kill and stupidity are completely different things.

This doesn't make him an inately bad human being, just a total fool.

Dude it's nothing like murder. Intent to kill and stupidity are completely different things.

This doesn't make him an inately bad human being, just a total fool.

+1

And I dont think its a reason to run the guy, who has been well behaved (up to this point)and a huge asset to our team, out of town.

lol @ this falling on Rex. Its an isolated incident from a known idiot. Braylon is and always will be a jack a$$. He's gone next season anyway.

Just to play Devil's advocate, why are we bringing in a "known idiot" in the first place?

Braylon is a decent WR1 who was brought in to be a weapon for Sanchez. Now that we have Holmes too, lets hope he stays out of trouble so we can unload Edwards at the end of the season.

.16 isnt super duper trashed. I'm not defending it, but he wasn't pulled over for erratic driving.

This is great friggn' logic.

The guy blows over twice the legal limit and you say that isn't "super duper trashed" and that he was fine because he wasn't pulled over for "erratic driving".

Wow.

Archived