Braylon Edwards Busted for DWI

PatsFanTX

Really dude? Its pretty common knowledge that Cromartie, Edwards and Holmes were not all going to get new contracts. Its a matter of finances. We signed our core 4 and don't have the money to pay two # 1 receivers. Don't believe me? Here you go:

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/04/12/holmes-trade-isnt-good-news-for-braylon-edwards/

Once again *REMINDER* im not your dude. And SH hasnt even stepped on the field in a regular season game and you are saying "we" want this and that? Come on man. Give the guy a break already. Come Sunday when he scores and you are drinking you will all soon forget what happened this morning.

• Replies 450
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Once again *REMINDER* im not your dude. And SH hasnt even stepped on the field in a regular season game and you are saying "we" want this and that? Come on man. Give the guy a break already. Come Sunday when he scores and you are drinking you will all soon forget what happened this morning.

Holmes will make us forget about Edwards pretty quickly. He's a top 10 receiver in this league. Braylon is good, but not Super Bowl MVP good. If we didn't already have Holmes, Cotchery, Keller and LT on the roster I'd miss Braylon a lot more. As it stands, I'm fine with him being cast off after 2010 if that is what Tannenbaum decides.

Yes, I realize that and he deserves to be punished, which he will. Its the overreaction to Rex having zero control over the team because ONE player makes a stupid decision to drive after some drinks was what I take issue with. Also, Braylon didnt hurt anyone other than himself, so lets no pretend that he did.

What could have happened didnt happen luckily.

This isnt the first time this dumbass has done this..lol..get a clue!

Holmes will make us forget about Edwards pretty quickly. He's a top 10 receiver in this league. Braylon is good, but not Super Bowl MVP good. If we didn't already have Holmes, Cotchery, Keller and LT on the roster I'd miss Braylon a lot more. As it stands, I'm fine with him being cast off after 2010 if that is what Tannenbaum decides.

You said ealier "we" all want him gone. Now you have decided to let Tanne make the decision. Im proud of you for realizing what you say and what you want mean nothing.

exactly right SJ-which is why I think this was God intervening in his life this morning-maybe saving his life. Had he been at some club being a thug turd like Plaxico Burress maybe he WOULDN'T have gotten pulled over and the worst HAD happened. We know how things happen in threes, that Denver player committing suicide, Braylon Edwards could have been number two on that list. This isn't so much my liberal ideology as it is my recovery side...in AA our room we have a sign on our wall that says There But For The Grace Of God Go I

Great points pal...spot on...lets hope he takes God's 'intervention', especially if I am on same road in future that he is blink.gif

I dont know if this has been said but on Sportscenter Chris Mortensen said that Edwards did not seem to violate his probation and he did NOT violate the personal conduct policy, he violated the substance abuse policy so Mortensen said that we should not expect a suspension, but with goodell you never know. Ronnie Brown was arrested for DUI in the off season and as we know he was NOT suspended.

So, really stupid decision by Edwards, but I really hope he isn't suspended and that the Jets just slap a humongous fine on him and establish a curfew or chaperon for him because he needs it.

I dont know if this has been said but on Sportscenter Chris Mortensen said that Edwards did not seem to violate his probation and he did NOT violate the personal conduct policy, he violated the substance abuse policy so Mortensen said that we should not expect a suspension, but with goodell you never know. Ronnie Brown was arrested for DUI in the off season and as we know he was NOT suspended.

So, really stupid decision by Edwards, but I really hope he isn't suspended and that the Jets just slap a humongous fine on him and establish a curfew or chaperon for him because he needs it.

+1

You said ealier "we" all want him gone. Now you have decided to let Tanne make the decision. Im proud of you for realizing what you say and what you want mean nothing.

I didn't say we all want him gone. I said we knew one would HAVE to go. The team can't afford two # 1 receivers. Braylon's actions help make that decision a bit easier for Tanny when the time comes.

Or can we suddenly afford all the players we want to keep who are in their contract years?

We my big fat jiggly azz. I want him to go into treatment, do community service and suit up for Sunday and catch some damn footballs. He could leave next year when he is done winning us a damn Lombardi. I'll be covered in low fat yogurt and spanked before I let some drunk driving dork cost us our first real chance at a Lombardi in this decade.

Why doesnt Woody take a stand and STOP SELLING ALCOHOL AT THE NEXT HOME GAME to prove a point.

maybe JN could set up a Food kiosk at stadium and do yummy fruit smoothies instead, or a soothing Chamomile Tea.

Oh, I am getting all giggly thinking of the scrumptious new choices

You said this isnt the first time he's done this....I didnt know you meant drinking. I thought you meant driving drunk.

So your argument is that....he shouldnt drink? :huh:

So your argument is that....This is the first time he drove drunk? :huh:

It's the first time he got caught!

So your argument is that....This is the first time he drove drunk? :huh:

It's the first time he got caught!

LOL damn you REALLY love arguing man. I didnt say this was the first time, but that would be a guess. Usually if someone says "This isnt the first time this happened" they're talking about the situation that just happened which was BE getting pulled over for a DWI, which HASNT HAPPENED BEFORE. If this was something that happened in the past where he got a DWI in the past thats a different story and at that point all the POS and a$$hole comments would be warranted but for now he's just an idiot that ****ed up.

You said this isnt the first time he's done this....I didnt know you meant drinking. I thought you meant driving drunk.

So your argument is that....he shouldnt drink? :huh:

How old are some of you people? if he cant be responsible when hes drinking, than he should consider quitting. yes ;) he's lucky, most people that have to drive at work would lose their job too.

How old are some of you people? if he cant be responsible when hes drinking, than he should consider quitting. yes ;) he's lucky, most people that have to drive at work would lose their job too.

lol BP i know what you're saying and yes your right but again do you know how many people do what he did both the ones who get caught and ones who dont? I'd say that MOST don't lose their jobs because of it, in fact most wouldnt be fined by the place they work either but athletes are held to a different standard, and rightfuly so. Not saying its right at all, its stupid and dangerous and really irresponsible but it only happened ONCE as far as we know, to guess it happens more would be assuming.

And btw- he doesnt have to drive at work.

LOL damn you REALLY love arguing man. I didnt say this was the first time, but that would be a guess. Usually if someone says "This isnt the first time this happened" they're talking about the situation that just happened which was BE getting pulled over for a DWI, which HASNT HAPPENED BEFORE. If this was something that happened in the past where he got a DWI in the past thats a different story and at that point all the POS and a$$hole comments would be warranted but for now he's just an idiot that ****ed up.

WOW, so the problem is not that he's doing it, but that he got caught this time. :blink:

lol BP i know what you're saying and yes your right but again do you know how many people do what he did? Not saying its right at all, its stupid and dangerous and really irresponsible but it only happened ONCE as far as we know.

In all likelihood, he's done it MANY times in his life:

http://freakonomics.blogs.nytimes.com/2010/07/13/last-call-for-drunk-driving-posts/

According to Paul Zador, Sheila Krawchuk, and B. Moore, the average person who is caught driving drunk has already gotten away with it 87 times.

I'm not going to go ripping through all of your posts. But, like other fans of this team (and I go back way before you were probably born), I have spent literally thousands of dollars on this team through the years. And yes, I will get pissed off when any player, especially in this era making millions, puts his selfish being before the team and the fans.

And yes, I will applaud his a$$ for making plays in contribution to making this team win. That is my right as a fan...and it's also my right to blast him for this immature BS he just pulled.

Yep, too bad he didn't have one more drink before he left. Maybe that's the difference that kills the 4 passengers in the car as well as another driver. Then we could all have a big laugh.

Jeez will you STOP already. How about the church goers who crashed the bus over the weekend or the woman who purposely threw acid on her face. You gonna solve all the worlds problems. You act as if B.E killed someone he didnt. End of story. Like him or not the NYJETS need him on the field.

lol BP i know what you're saying and yes your right but again do you know how many people do what he did? Not saying its right at all, its stupid and dangerous and really irresponsible but it only happened ONCE as far as we know.

which makes him even dumber. he represents the NY Jets 24/7. hes a professional football player that his team is relying on. he has a responsibility to the Jets (and the fans..who BTW Finance his farking contract) to act like a professional athlete. not a thugturd gangsta. I dont like driving in the city straight. and this jackass is driving in the city drunk? :rl: yes, just an honest mistake.

Jeez will you STOP already. How about the church goers who crashed the bus over the weekend or the woman who purposely threw acid on her face. You gonna solve all the worlds problems. You act as if B.E killed someone he didnt. End of story. Like him or not the NYJETS need him on the field.

I'm not disagreeing that the Jets need him. But lots of posters, not necessarily including you, have been dismissing his actions because "everyone has done it" or because there are worse people out there. Its that premise I disagree with.

You seem to be insinuating that I don't like Edwards as a player and think we should cut him immediately. Nothing could be further from the truth. I'm simply disappointed that he did this and the laissez-faire attitude some people seem to take.

Of course not! He shouldnt be doing it at all but according the the NFL's substance abuse policy he gets fined and that it. Whether or not thats right isnt what I'm arguing.

He gets fined if it's his first substance abuse infraction.

If it is, and I hope so, all it makes him is lucky!

He still deserves everything he's getting here!

which makes him even dumber. he represents the NY Jets 24/7. hes a professional football player that his team is relying on. he has a responsibility to the Jets (and the fans..who BTW Finance his farking contract) to act like a professional athlete. not a thugturd gangsta. I dont like driving in the city straight. and this jackass is driving in the city drunk? :rl: yes, just an honest mistake.

Man people are just misunderstanding what I'm saying.

This was a bad decision. He shouldnt have done it. It was wrong, scary, dangerous, and stupid. However, according to the NFL, the place where Braylon Edwards works, he should only be fined. According to the law and records, he only made this mistake once. Does that deserve us throwing this guy to the wolves? Some of you think yes and thats fine you can have your opinion. All I'm saying is up until this point he was well behaved here, a great teammate, and a huge part of our team. He makes our team better and would help us win in Miami. And 90% of you will be standing up cheering this guy with a beer in your hand Sunday if they decided to let him play.

Archived