Braylon Edwards Busted for DWI

PatsFanTX

• Replies 450
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I had Pitch black tint on my 98 mustang and i watched a cop in seaside heights take a key and scratch the tint. The gash in the tint got worse everytime i rolled the window up/down. When i flipped out on this cop for tearing my tint he said, "proove it."

Some of the newer high end shops remove them and dip the windows in a liquid tint. Supposedly you cant remove it or its an expensive process. My sons buddy just got his license parents bought him an Acura TSX he had the windows dipped really dark. In 2 months 9 tickets they just traded the car in last weekend.

Agreed.

These shops tell customers that they can tint whatever they ask for, but that it will be illegal if they go over a certain level. WTF is that? They're allowed to provide an illegal service? It's bullsh*t.

Ya never thought of it that way. WTF, isnt there a way to have the licenses of these shops pulled for providing illegal services?

Your memory is failing you, Rutgers. Pookie went under cover in The Carter to work in the crack processing facility and started stealing product to use at his house. Don't you remember the scene with Pookie in the USA shirt sucking on that glass d*ck?

6311788_std.jpg

Ah sh*t you're right, but G-Money's the one who caught him. That I do know.

LMAo @ this dialogue.

Some of the newer high end shops remove them and dip the windows in a liquid tint. Supposedly you cant remove it or its an expensive process. My sons buddy just got his license parents bought him an Acura TSX he had the windows dipped really dark. In 2 months 9 tickets they just traded the car in last weekend.

Clueless Parents 101

If Rex had any control of his football team, or an ounce of discipline in his pinky, he would make Edwards inactive (only the league can suspend) for the game against the Phins.

It will be very interesting to see how Rex handles this.

That is absolutely asinine. The frequency with which that happens is beyond rare and certainly hasn't happened to a variety of other NFL players. I haven't exactly seen Ronnie Brown miss a day of playing as he continues to get his court date pushed back. Vincent Jackson didn't miss a game until his league-mandated suspension due to two DUIs. If the league suspends him so be it, but in all likelihood it'll be next season and another team's problem, and I'm just fine with that.

That is absolutely asinine. The frequency with which that happens is beyond rare and certainly hasn't happened to a variety of other NFL players. I haven't exactly seen Ronnie Brown miss a day of playing as he continues to get his court date pushed back. Vincent Jackson didn't miss a game until his league-mandated suspension due to two DUIs. If the league suspends him so be it, but in all likelihood it'll be next season and another team's problem, and I'm just fine with that.

1 of the most productive WRs in a NYJETS uniform the last few years and already we are done with him? You guys kill me. The guy made a mistake. Would you also do this to family member or child? WOW

1 of the most productive WRs in a NYJETS uniform the last few years and already we are done with him? You guys kill me. The guy made a mistake. Would you also do this to family member or child? WOW

Children dont drink and get behind the wheel @ 5:15 in the am :P

JonE also mad a good point to me on Twitter, why the hell would he blow knowing he was drinking? He has a right to refuse to take a Breathalyzer. Braylon Edwards is an idiot.

Because a refusal counts automatically as a DWI prior, whereas if you blow you can theoretically challenge the validity of the alco test. You have no choice but to blow these days.

Speak in turn.

Because a refusal counts automatically as a DWI prior, whereas if you blow you can theoretically challenge the validity of the alco test. You have no choice but to blow these days.

Speak in turn.

I see.

This situation sucks any way you look at it. Blah! :mellow:

my thoughts exactly Triple X...Goodell seems to be very keen on anything that NY teams do anyway since it's plastered on the front page of every newspaper as he walks in to work

I wouldn't thing Baddell can go against the stated NFL policy regarding substance abuse and personal conduct. Further I would think it would be a violation of the existing agreement between the league and union if he exceeded his authority regarding the substance abuse policy.

In defense of the police, they have every reason to not like tinted windows. They stop a vehicle, and walk up from behind, they don't know if there's a weapon pointed at them or not. It's a dangerous situation.

That said, they should bust the shops the provide the illegal tint in the first place.

I've said this for years. It's a great point. In SoFla, it's so goddamn hot, of course you're going to get the darkest tint possible. Cops know this, and use it as an excuse (aka "probable cause") to pull over someone they consider to be suspicious.

Speak in turn.

From the few attorneys I know, they always say its smarter NOT to blow if you have been drinking.

I wouldn't thing Baddell can go against the stated NFL policy regarding substance abuse and personal conduct. Further I would think it would be a violation of the existing agreement between the league and union if he exceeded his authority regarding the substance abuse policy.

He can do anything he wants. If someone gets arrested for any reason, he has the right to suspend them. Hell, Roethlisberger has never been arrested and he was suspended.

He can do anything he wants. If someone gets arrested for any reason, he has the right to suspend them. Hell, Roethlisberger has never been arrested and he was suspended.

Roesthlisberger= PErsonal Conduct Policy

The Beard= Substance abuse policy.

Mutually exclusive.... <_<

From the few attorneys I know, they always say its smarter NOT to blow if you have been drinking.

It was that way until very recently. Now refusals count as priors. They're not DWI convictions. But when you actually GET a DWI, it counts as your second, instead of your first.

The move these days when you get pulled over is to hyperventilate and blow.

JonE also mad a good point to me on Twitter, why the hell would he blow knowing he was drinking? He has a right to refuse to take a Breathalyzer. Braylon Edwards is an idiot.

Im not sure of the law in NY, but im pretty sure that if you deny taking the breathalyzer you forfeit your priviledge of driving automatically. ALso, i believe the cop can arrest you and have an RN pull blood or sumin like that to check BAC.

He got arrested coming from Cotchery's charity benefit. :rolleyes:

NFL Jets player Braylon Edwards was arrested last night after attending Monday Night In Manhattan to benefit the Cotchery Foundation. According to the NY Post:

Jets wide receiver Braylon Edwards was busted on a drunken driving charge early this morning, after cops pulled him over on the West Side and found he had double the legal limit of alcohol in his system, police said.

Edwards, 27, was arrested at 5:15 a.m. and charged with DWI, after cops pulled over his Range Rover at 34th Street and 12th Avenue for having overly-tinted windows. Police said they smelled alcohol and Edwards blew a 0.16 on a Breathalyzer, or double the state’s legal limit of 0.08.

Four other passengers were with Edwards but it they were not charged

Pics:

michael-sinensky-braylon-edwards-rocsi-diaz-and-guest.jpg

braylon-edwards-5.jpg

braylon-edwards-and-jerricho-cotchery.jpg

braylon-edwards-drinks.jpg

This is a case of There But For The Grace Of God Go I....every single one of us have driven drunk (except Max who doesn't drink). The difference being that none of us are millionaires who can afford to go out partying and be able to hire a limo if we get too high...

Roesthlisberger= PErsonal Conduct Policy

The Beard= Substance abuse policy.

Mutually exclusive.... <_<

Wrong. Drunk driving is personal conduct policy. Donte Stalworth wasn't suspended for a year for violating the substance abuse policy. (Not that I think Edwards will get a year, cause he didn't kill anyone, just pointing out you have the wrong policy.)

I'm a cop and I never understood the big deal about tints until I had to walk up to a dark tinted window at 3AM. It's an officer safety thing. Cops have been shot and killed because they couldn't see inside a car with armed passengers. As for NYC, though, It's also a huge source of revenue. I've read recent articles about municipalities pushing their police to write more tix in order to boost income. It's just an easy tax, really.

Edit: points already made by two previous posters before I hit the submit button.

But you can tint the rear windows all you want to my understanding. It's the front driver and passenger windows, along with the windshield that can't be tinted. Otherwise wouldn't the work vans with no rear windows at all be in violation?

Wrong. Drunk driving is personal conduct policy. Donte Stalworth wasn't suspended for a year for violating the substance abuse policy. (Not that I think Edwards will get a year, cause he didn't kill anyone, just pointing out you have the wrong policy.)

Chris Mortensen reported that drunk driving is substance abuse Policy.

Donte Stallworth got popped for MANSLAUGHTER- personal conduct policy; in addition to his DWI for drinking. He made a deal with the family/DA and only got 30 days in prison.

You're wrong.

Archived