Braylon Edwards Busted for DWI

PatsFanTX

• Replies 450
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I disagree. 1.6 may not be spinning and puking, but it is pretty effing sh*tfaced.

The alcohol content depends on your body weight and how many hours you have been drinking and the alcohol content.

For a guy like me to get to 0.16 is drinking 92 oz beer (4 big mugs of 23 oz each) over 3.5 hours. That's not even in sh*t faced category. Its in the 'i have a nice buzz going' category.

The alcohol content depends on your body weight and how many hours you have been drinking and the alcohol content.

For a guy like me to get to 1.6 is drinking 92 oz beer (4 big mugs of 23 oz each) over 3.5 hours. That's not even in sh*t faced category. Its in the 'i have a nice buzz going' category.

Dude, that would be .16 which is what Braylan blew.

1.6 and you would be embalmed.

Alright, so seriously, he's definitely screwed right? How long until the hammer comes down?

Did not see anyone talk about this. So here it is.

This incident would be under the Substance Abuse Policy. If this is the first time he has violated it (which is what it appears to be) then he will be fined. But not suspended. If this is a second time under the Substance Abuse Policy then you can suspended upto 2 games.

Braylon's previous incident when he was in Cleveland was under the Personal Conduct Policy. And Personal Conduct Policy violations cannot be lumped with the Substance Abuse Policy violations.

So he gets away with a fine. Most probably the JETS will fine him. If the league is satisfied there will no further action.

Looks like he dodged a bullet. But he better be very very careful going forward.

Let's not be stupid here...Namath never, ever put himself before the team like this ******* a$hole just did.

I'm a huge Namath fan, but let's be real here... The man could've been pulled over countless times for DWI back then, and we never would've heard about it. He almost quit pro football over having to give up his Manhattan club. Guy was a far cry from being an Eagle Scout.

I'm a huge Namath fan, but let's be real here... The man could've been pulled over countless times for DWI back then, and we never would've heard about it. He almost quit pro football over having to give up his Manhattan club. Guy was a far cry from being an Eagle Scout.

Namath lived in Manhattan. I don't think he even drove when he was a Jet. It wouldn't surprise me if he took a cab from a bar to Shea on a couple of occassions but driving drunk, not when he was a Jet.

He's rich enough to hire a driver when he's wasted.

You cant walk two blocks in the city outside of a nightclub without limo drivers offering you a deal.

Why even get behind the wheel when you know you're drunk, knowing you're on the commissioner's radar?

That's what i have never understood about these celebrities that make a ton of money.

A limo ride even in a city like NYC should be a hundred bucks. Why wouldn't you spend that money and stay out of trouble when an NFL fine will be in the tens of thousands, if you miss games you loose hundresd of thousands and you get all the negative publicity and down the road you might not a get a good contract b/c you are now viewed as a distraction or even cancer.

That's what i have never understood about these celebrities that make a ton of money.

A limo ride even in a city like NYC should be a hundred bucks. Why wouldn't you spend that money and stay out of trouble when an NFL fine will be in the tens of thousands, if you miss games you loose hundresd of thousands and you get all the negative publicity and down the road you might not a get a good contract b/c you are now viewed as a distraction or even cancer.

If this is his first substance abuse offense, his fine from the league will be $50,000.

We can't assume this is his first though, as they are kept confidential.

Plus if the Jets can fine him they will, add in court appointed fees, and this probably costs him over a $100,000.

It's not much to him, but he's still a fool, he could have ended up throwing it all away.

Sure I've drove drunk before, but if I was filthy rich, I would have gone with the limo.

In my opinion, Rex should suspend Braylon Edwards for the SNY game. Send a message to the team that we're not ******* around. If you do not behave like you are supposed to, then you will sit your a$$ down. We will find a way to get it down.

**** HIM. No one is above the team. NO ONE.

No one said he was an "eagle scout" and let's not jump to conclusions with "we never would've heard about it crap" and could've, would've because of what happened with the Suzy Kolper BS...

BE is a POS...Namath never was when it came to the TEAM.

If this is his first substance abuse offense, his fine from the league will be $50,000.

Plus if the Jets can fine him they will, add in court appointed fees, and this probably costs him over a $100,000.

It's not much to him, but he's still a fool, he could have ended up throwing it all away.

Sure I've drove drunk before, but if I was filthy rich, I would have gone with the limo.

I'm sure we would have heard about prior incidents through the media. I mean we hear about these arrests and incidents all of the time with celebrities/athletes

Did not see anyone talk about this. So here it is.

This incident would be under the Substance Abuse Policy. If this is the first time he has violated it (which is what it appears to be) then he will be fined. But not suspended. If this is a second time under the Substance Abuse Policy then you can suspended upto 2 games.

Braylon's previous incident when he was in Cleveland was under the Personal Conduct Policy. And Personal Conduct Policy violations cannot be lumped with the Substance Abuse Policy violations.

So he gets away with a fine. Most probably the JETS will fine him. If the league is satisfied there will no further action.

Looks like he dodged a bullet. But he better be very very careful going forward.

I probably should have clarified because I meant from a legal standpoint. I was hoping our resident Cleveland expert would chime in because I have no clue how DUI charges are viewed in terms of being a probation violation around them parts. However, I didn't know that about the bolded part, which is encouraging.

I just read through the entire thread and saw the article posted that clarifies the rules more accurately. My info was based on recollection from a ESPN discussion few years back.

But no doubt about it. What he did is stupid. Unfortunately we do not outlaw stupidity.

I'm sure we would have heard about prior incidents through the media. I mean we hear about these arrests and incidents all of the time with celebrities/athletes

Dude, he does not have to be arrested to fail a drug test.

If he failed one it would be kept confidential, the media would not know.

In my opinion, Rex should suspend Braylon Edwards for the SNY game. Send a message to the team that we're not ******* around. If you do not behave like you are supposed to, then you will sit your a$$ down. We will find a way to get it down.

It would do more harm to the team than the overall good sitting him out for a crucial game would do. Fine his a$$ for as much as you can, and let him know he had better make up for it by having the game of his life on Sunday.

Revis is above the team.....

Just sayin'. ;) Im messin with ya. Im just glad that Braylon aka Rick Ross did this. It took some of the attention away from Revis and the hate that he's been getting for being injured.

Great timing Braylon!

Dude, he does not have to be arrested to fail a drug test.

If he failed one it would be kept confidential, the media would not know.

Ever hear of the word "leaked". Are you seriously telling me you have never heard of a player failing a drug test before?

Revis is above the team.....

Just sayin'. ;) Im messin with ya. Im just glad that Braylon aka Rick Ross did this. It took some of the attention away from Revis and the hate that he's been getting for being injured.

Still can't be objective villain?

It's not hate it's anger because he held out with 3 years left on his deal, when the Jets told him he would get a new one, and now it's hurting the team.

He also admitted he missed all of camp trying to get more than Aso, and ended up taking the middle deal that was already on the table!

I'm glad you negotiation fans are happy, but I root for the Jets and when something hurts the team it pisses me off!

Right now Revis and Braylon are pissing me off, and it has nothing to do with hate!

Archived