Who's Better? Patriots or Phins

Jbro22

Who's better?  

44 members have voted

1. 1. Who's Better

• Patriots
    • Dolphins

Really?

Then why do the Pats have the 9th ranked (4.6 per carry) rushing game and the Phins the 21st ranked (3.8 per carry) rushing game?

And outside of Marshall, where are all these "weapons" you talk about?

Ronnie Brown and Bmarsh are better than any player on the Patriot offense right now.

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Really?

Then why do the Pats have the 9th ranked (4.6 per carry) rushing game and the Phins the 21st ranked (3.8 per carry) rushing game?

Feed the woof. The Woof will be feeding on the Pats running game. The woof is hungry. I'll be shocked if The Pats average more than 27 inches per carry. The Woof is fierce.

Really?

Usually, total yards or yards per game would be the number you look at for rushing, and in those numbers the fish are 15th to your 13th - which is actually a bit of a surprise. The Jets are second, which isn't. cool.gif

But yeah, I guess the fish are relying on past performance. Ricky looks done, and they've lost two fumbles in three games. They've got no one after Ronnie Brown, and he's getting up there in RB years, too.

Really?

Good questions, even more baffling is how the Jets 2nd half shut out that high scoring patsy offense. :lol:

Without Revis to boot. :rl:

Usually, total yards or yards per game would be the number you look at for rushing, and in those numbers the fish are 15th to your 13th - which is actually a bit of a surprise. The Jets are second, which isn't. cool.gif

Using total yards or yards per game evaluating a running game would be the equivalent of saying a defensive team allowing less total yards is better than a defense allowing less total points.

YPC is a much better indicator measuring the effectiveness of a running game.

Actually that's pretty surprising.

Seeing that that's where the Jets always finish, you'd probably be an expert.

You can be a dickwad if you want to.

But in the here and now, JETS are the best team in the AFC East. Period.

You should be worried about getting beat by Miami and finding out even the 2nd place is elusive!

Using total yards or yards per game evaluating a running game would be the equivalent of saying a defensive team allowing less total yards is better than a defense allowing less total points.

YPC is a much better indicator measuring the effectiveness of a running game.

No it's not.

A team that relies on the pass will be able to produce a bloated ypc that is not indicative of a running game that can be relied upon full time. A team that can continue to pound the ball even when the defense expects them to run will be the team with the better overall rushing attack.

Passers primarily get judged with the (flawed) passer rating system, but rushers get judged on their total yards.

Titans, Steelers, and Falcons all have less ypc than the Patriots, but I'd take every one of their rushing offenses over the Pats.

1) You can be a dickwad if you want to.

2) But in the here and now, JETS are the best team in the AFC East. Period.

1) Please tell me something that I don't already know.

2) If, and when, the Jets finally finish ahead of the Pats in the AFCE, then they will be considered the better team.

The "here and now" 4 weeks into the season means absolutely nothing.

2) If, and when, the Jets finally finish ahead of the Pats in the AFCE, then they will be considered the better team.

Apparently neither does getting bitch slapped wild card weekend. :rl:

A team that relies on the pass will be able to produce a bloated ypc that is not indicative of a running game that can be relied upon full time.

Conversley, a team that always runs the ball will produce better total yards and yards per game than a team that throws the ball.

3) You should be worried about getting beat by Miami and finding out even the 2nd place is elusive!

4) After 4 weeks i rather be us than fans of a team that bends over on the road.

Conversley, a team that always runs the ball will produce better total yards and yards per game than a team that throws the ball.

Yup. And that would be the better rushing team than the one that mixes in a few runs just to keep the defense honest.

Yup. And that would be the better rushing team than the one that mixes in a few runs just to keep the defense honest.

Let's face it, the Pats are a pass 1st, run 2nd offense. They will never put up rushing numbers like the teams you mentioned.

I for one, am very pleased with how the Pats running game has performed so far this season.

Hell, the Pats take cut players and make them look like All-Pros in their rushing game.

Have you checked out Danny Woodhead's YPC since he joined the Pats? ;)

Pats are 14-4 in their last 18 playoff games.

What's the Jets record in their last 18 playoff games?

Oh wait a second, they have never played in that many. :lol:

That's nice, meanwhile in the most recent post season your game was over before the 1st quarter ended. :lol:

Too bad the NFL does not agree with who they deem to be better, we would have got a higher draft spot, and not been subjext to the final 4 rules. :rl:

Pats are better cause they have one very good/elite unit and one very bad unit. The dolphins have 2 average units at best, their offense is probably below average. Someone said it earlier, but BB will probably bend but don't break his way to a top 15 points against defense too..

But, Brady always seems to play poorly down in Miami, maybe out all night the night before in drag clubs and too tired to play.. maybe a night game will be better..

Too bad the NFL does not agree with who they deem to be better, we would have got a higher draft spot, and not been subjext to the final 4 rules.

Yea, losing yet another AFCCG is quite impressive.

Seeing that the Jets only get there once a friggn' decade, don't you think they might want to win one sometime?

Let's face it, the Pats are a pass 1st, run 2nd offense. They will never put up rushing numbers like the teams you mentioned.

I for one, am very pleased with how the Pats running game has performed so far this season.

Hell, the Pats take cut players and make them look like All-Pros in their rushing game.

Have you checked out Danny Woodhead's YPC since he joined the Pats? ;)

Jets' castoffs are major upgrades for the Pats, I get it.

The teams I mentioned are the top rushing teams in the league. If anything happened to the Pats' passing offense, that 4.6 ypc would drop right into the crapper. It's completely dependent on the strength of your passing offense - which is very, very good.

My guess is that tonight the fish move ahead of the Pats in total rushing yards.

Seeing that the Jets only get there once a friggn' decade, don't you think they might want to win one sometime?

AFC Close game? That is awesome some of your best work. I just hope you guys win tonight. Cause if the Dolphins beat you, you will lose it and get yourself banned. I for one would be crushed, I loves having you here. GO PATS...

This used to be the KO punch for you, now it just seems like the words of a desperate man who knows the end is near.

Interesting.

Right now I'm more worried about why we got the later pick, and were subject to the final 4 rules, when the patsies are the better team. :lol:

So we picked later, we beat them this year, but the pats are better because of where cheating got them years ago, and just ignore the fact they they never won sh*t without cheating. :rl:

Welcome to the shameful pathetic disgraced world of the patsy troll. :bwahaharoll:

AFC Close game? That is awesome some of your best work. I just hope you guys win tonight. Cause if the Dolphins beat you, you will lose it and get yourself banned. I for one would be crushed, I loves having you here. GO PATS...

Hmmmmm, I just might have to re-read this post several times so I completely understand the subliminal nature of your reply.

Really?

who is your runningback? Taylor? no... Maroney? no...Faulk? no...Woodhead? yeah, he is going to carry the pats... The stinky fish are going to run all over your non-D. Personally, I am going to sit back and enjoy watching the fins and patsies beat the sh*t out of each other tonight.

Archived