New York Knicks' Season Opener Game Thread...and on

BroadwayJoe12

What Seed Will the Knicks Get?? (I say 6th)  

18 members have voted

1. 1. What Seed Will The Knicks Get?

• Replies 582
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Actually shooting well for once, getting 31 points, 5 rebounds, 6 assists, and the game-winning shot

We've been over this..actually we just went over this. Just stop, you're making yourself look bad.

Firstly, he's shooting 45.3 percent in the 8 games prior to this game. Including this game, he's going to be averaging 26.4 ppg on 46% from the field. He's doing all of this shooting poorly...wow, what will he do when he shoots well?

Now just because I want to test your which is better than the other skills. Which would you rather have, A or B:

A: 34 pts on 12-16 shooting 75% (4-5 downtown), 3 rebounds and 5 assists.

or

B: 31 pts on 12-24 shooting 50% (3-5 downtown), 5 rebounds and 6 assists.

The only thing that I'll give you is that this game was more important for him as he hit the game winning shot, but that doesn't mean it's the first time he shot well.

Aside from the Melo shot at the end I didn't like this game at all. Reminded me a lot of the last Cavs game where they blew a huge 4th quarter lead against a team they are better than. The turnovers were also driving me crazy all night and Jefferies makes my eyes bleed.

Aside from the Melo shot at the end I didn't like this game at all. Reminded me a lot of the last Cavs game where they blew a huge 4th quarter lead against a team they are better than. The turnovers were also driving me crazy all night and Jefferies makes my eyes bleed.

Ya it's tough to watch, but that's just how that team plays. They have some amazing wing defenders and often times overplay their man and go for the steals (which they lead the league in), it's one of the ways they stay in the game. I believe Clyde said they average about three made 3pointers a game, so they really do rely on points of turnovers.

I definitely agree though, with a 12+ point lead and two closers, I don't like seeing lead slip away. Interesting stat: in the last number of years (not sure exact number) Carmelo has hit 15 go ahead shots with 10 seconds or less in the 4th quarter or overtime. Who's he tied with?? Kobe. The next closest are at about 10 and 9 and I can only remember Dirk's name.

After the last couple of games, it looks like a new era of "Mase in Your Face".

Seriously though, I'm curious how much run he'll get when Chauncey is back, but much of that will depend on whether or not he keeps Walker's spot in the rotation for the time being.

Walker is out of the rotation unless D'A goes to 10.

Mason is a solid roleplayer and was benched early in the season because he was shooting horribly. The plan all along was for him to be in the rotation, but Mason morphed into a short Jeffries and D'A couldn't afford for him to be on the court.

Remember, Mason is a FA signing. They brought him in here to be the backup SG. He just sucked and hit the pine. Now that Mason is showing signs his shooting touch is back he'll remain in the rotation. Assuming Billups comes back within the next week, the rotation will likely be 9 deep:

Jeffries, Turiaf

Amare (Shawne Williams/Turiaf)

Melo, Shawne Williams

Fields, Mason

Billups, Douglas

If need be, Walker and Carter would sub in. Sheldon and Balkman are garbage time/injury sub players.

BTW, that's a pretty good playoff rotation there. The Knicks have 2 superstars, a big game PG, and 6 solid roleplayers that fit their roles well.

BTW, that's a pretty could playoff rotation there. The Knicks have 2 superstars, a big game PG, and 6 solid roleplayers that fit their roles well.

It's alright. We still won't be able to play big, and I worry about how we'll fair when the court shrinks come playoff time and our shot isn't falling. Melo's pretty unreal at creating space for himself in traffic, but that's about it. Then again Chauncey's one of the best playoff PG's of the past 20 years or so, it's not unreasonable to think he'll find a way. Dude's won quite a few playoff games on his own simply by getting himself to the line.

It's alright. We still won't be able to play big, and I worry about how we'll fair when the court shrinks come playoff time and our shot isn't falling. Melo's pretty unreal at creating space for himself in traffic, but that's about it. Then again Chauncey's one of the best playoff PG's of the past 20 years or so, it's not unreasonable to think he'll find a way. Dude's won quite a few playoff games on his own simply by getting himself to the line.

The Knicks definitely need a big next year and going forward. I'm looking at the playoff field in the East. The Magic are the prime culprit that can exploit the Knicks inability to play big. And, no, I'm not forgetting about the Celtics. I simply have no faith in a 39 yr old, hurt & fat Shaq being an impact player in the postseason. And Chicago's Noah and Boozer aren't bangers. One of the keys would be trying to keep Noah off the glass.

The Knicks definitely need a big next year and going forward. I'm looking at the playoff field in the East. The Magic are the prime culprit that can exploit the Knicks inability to play big. And, no, I'm not forgetting about the Celtics. I simply have no faith in a 39 yr old, hurt & fat Shaq being an impact player in the postseason. And Chicago's Noah and Boozer aren't bangers. One of the keys would be trying to keep Noah off the glass.

Noah's an octopus, but Turiaf seems to really be able to pester him whenever they match up. To be honest I think Chicago is the 2nd best team in the East hands down but in terms of matchups with the 5 teams ahead of us I'd rank them 2nd in terms of preference.

Noah's an octopus, but Turiaf seems to really be able to pester him whenever they match up. To be honest I think Chicago is the 2nd best team in the East hands down but in terms of matchups with the 5 teams ahead of us I'd rank them 2nd in terms of preference.

Agreed.

In order of preference I'd go Heat, Bulls, Magic and Celtics.

They made good college players who are NBA stiffs look like they did back in college. Pathetic. There is something VERY wrong with this team. Giving up 119 points to that dogsh*t team is a disgrace. Losing 2 games in a row to them should result in someone getting fired. You can't be 0-5 against the Cavs and Pacers and expect to be taken seriously.

They made good college players who are NBA stiffs look like they did back in college. Pathetic. There is something VERY wrong with this team. Giving up 119 points to that dogsh*t team is a disgrace. Losing 2 games in a row to them should result in someone getting fired. You can't be 0-5 against the Cavs and Pacers and expect to be taken seriously.

Dam I didn't even watch it...0-5 against them?!?! I don't take the Knicks as a threat, but in no way shape or form are they on the same level as CLE and IND.

Archived