New York Knicks' Season Opener Game Thread...and on

BroadwayJoe12

What Seed Will the Knicks Get?? (I say 6th)  

18 members have voted

1. 1. What Seed Will The Knicks Get?

Been a while and didn't want to jinx them when they were on a little winning streak. I hope everyone saw Mozzy's 23 and 14 game the other night, very impressive. Yes, yes it was against the pistons and they inexplicably decided to not box out, but hey, 90% of the league doesn't box out so I'm not too worried. The team really worked on Timo seeing as how after the game against the Clippers his confidence was absolutely shot, he couldn't touch the ball without bobbling and throwing it out of bounds, and I need to give them credit as he was never really seen as a good rebounder.

After reading a translated article of his from a russian paper, it seems that his problems were 100% confidence and I'm glad that he now knows he can do that at the highest level. It's one thing to think you can, but having put together a game like this against an actual NBA team, he now has that in the back of his mind that he can do it. Is he going to have a double double every night? No. However, if he can give us 25+ minutes a night without fouling out, spell Amare from play the 5, that'll be fantastic.

Gotta run, heading to the game, but just wanted to give Mozzy his dues after his breakout game.

• Replies 582
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Mavs are old and slow and manage to score 113 points at MSG. I really dont care if the Knicks make the playoffs....I'd really like Walsh to go in a different direction at HC. You'll never win a championship with this type of effort on D.

The Mavs are old and slow and manage to score 113 points at MSG. I really dont care if the Knicks make the playoffs....I'd really like Walsh to go in a different direction at HC. You'll never win a championship with this type of effort on D.

Watching little Juan Barrea drive through the Knicks matador defense (Clyde must have said this at least once during the telecast) at will was painful.

Watching little Juan Barrea drive through the Knicks matador defense (Clyde must have said this at least once during the telecast) at will was painful.

Is there a bigger scrub in the NBA than him?

Also, Felton looks cooked.

However, it is nice to see Gallo taking the ball to the rim and not bricking open 3's all game.

It's so annoying that our team will only play defense when they are losing, they can never play a full 4 quarters..that's completely mental. They are completely capable of being a above average defensive team, but they only show it for a quarter or two and that's why they play down to their opponents so often. This is why we lose to a terrible road team in LA and why cleveland got their last win against us coming off the miami game.

A big positive to take away; Mozgov has made huge strides in not only confidence but his ability to stay on the floor. He played a hell of a game and he's still so incredibly raw. He's shown he has a very good touch for a big guy, can shoot the foul shot, and with a lot of work this offseason, he's going to be a good nba caliber center. The most important thing for him is to get an established name, because once that happens he'll stop getting a lot of the "rookie" foul calls, which will keep him on the floor some more.

Negatives: our perimeter D was ******* atrocious. We let up what, 56 pts and an exorbitant amount of assists and rebounds to the clippers guards, who are missing their best player. They just got lazy. Not only that, but when we didn't have mozzy in at the end, our doubling on griffen was allowing for Foye and Gomes to have wide open shots. TD was committing too much to the double team and not allowing himself to get back to his man behind the arc, it was pathetic.

I hope the trade either happens soon or it doesn't, it is clearly affecting chandler, he has openly stated that he doesn't want to go to Denver.

Trade rumors speculate on dismantling the team for LA and they rattle off 4 in a row. The same happens for us and we drop 5 of 7. And that right there is the difference between Mike D'Antoni and Phil Jackson.

Ehh or the difference between Kobe/Pau and Felton/Amar'e. D'an is no Phil, but Kobe and those guys just aren't as mentally soft as chandler, gallo etc.

According to the Bergen Record, the Nets & Nuggets have reached an agreement on trade compensation:

Nets get:

Carmelo Anthony

Chauncey Billups

Sheldon Williams

Melvin Ely

Renaldo Balkman

Nuggets get:

Devin Harris

Derrick Favors

Troy Murphy

Ben Uzoh

FOUR 1st-round draft picks

That's a Hershell Walker trade for a 30 win team. Great trade for Denver, but horrible for the Nets.

At this point it's looking like we can say goodbye to Felton anyways. I've liked him since day one but Paul's going to be a must-have with the way we've run Amare into the ground.

Well, they won't be able to sign Paul to a max deal as a free agent, with Amar'e and Melo taking up over $40m of the cap. I also have to think that NO's goal will be to deal him by the deadline next year and insist on including a bad contract as a trade tax, most likely Okafor. With almost no tradeable assets and without being able to make the contacts match up (as far as I can tell), I don't see how they could pull it off. That is, unless Paul is willing to take a lot less as a FA for 3 years until the Knicks have his Bird Rights, if such a thing even exists in a new CBA.

Well, they won't be able to sign Paul to a max deal as a free agent, with Amar'e and Melo taking up over $40m of the cap. I also have to think that NO's goal will be to deal him by the deadline next year and insist on including a bad contract as a trade tax, most likely Okafor. With almost no tradeable assets and without being able to make the contacts match up (as far as I can tell), I don't see how they could pull it off. That is, unless Paul is willing to take a lot less as a FA for 3 years until the Knicks have his Bird Rights, if such a thing even exists in a new CBA.

Why are you so mean.

Anthony and Billups for Felton, Chandler, Curry, a first-rounder, and either Gallo or Fields.

Which is dumber: that we're giving them the choice of Gallo and Fields or that they apparently prefer Gallo?

I think Gallo will come into his own, the kid is barely 22 and has already started to get to the rim at a very good amount, plus he's a fantastic shooter. Chandler is a very solid weapon when healthy, but is going to be an RFA and both will command a lot of money in the near future. Trading Felton, Chandler and Gallo for Melo is an absolute no brainer, especially since both play his position.

Denver now reportedly wants both Mozgov and Fields instead of Gallinari. :blink:

The Denver negotiating team are such POS. They asked the Knicks for Gallo and then when the Knicks agree to that, they change what they want.

Too bad Melo doesn't have any balls.

It would be poetic justice if Melo goes to the Nets, gets his $65 million extension, but they're a lottery team for the next 4 yrs with no lottery picks, and Melo doesn't see that $65 million because the owners have rolled back all salaries with the CBA.

Denver now reportedly wants both Mozgov and Fields instead of Gallinari.

The Nuggets played this perfectly. They were never going to get Fields from Donnie, so they waited until it got close enough for stupid Dolan to get involved to ask for him, and now they're gonna get him. This is a disaster.

Sounds like they added another first rounder.

NYK: Anthony, Balkman, Billups, Williams, 1st via Min

Den: Brewer, Chandler, Felton, Gallinari, 2 1sts via NYK ($?)

Min: Curry, Randolph ($?)

Last I had read, the Knicks would be sending their own 2014 1st to Denver, and not getting any picks back from Minnesota. Their end of the deal is supposedly just Curry/AR/cash from the Knicks for Brewer.

Also read some craziness that if Denver gets Mozgov included in the deal, they plan to send him and one of Felton/Gallo/Chandler to the Nets in a separate deal for two #1's.

The knicks are a complete joke if they do this trade. They are letting themselves be bullied into giving up basically their whole team in a deal with a team that has ZERO leverage whatsoever in trading Anthony. This is a typical Isiah raping we've come to know and love. Offer them Chandler, Randolph, Curry and the 1. Take it or leave it.

I give up Felton, Gallo, Chandler and the 1st via Randolph for Melo, Billups and filler in a heartbeat. Chandler plays the same position as Melo and would once again be relegated to coming off the bench, not to mention he's going to be in line for a bigger contract very soon.

Gallo is very tough to part with, as he would be deadly next to Melo and Amare, but you have to give up talent to get someone like Melo.

The person I hate losing the most is actually Mozgov. Finding a 7'1 250 lb big man who can run the floor is extremely tough in this nba although waiting on potential is a dangerous game. I just liked having a big body to allow Amar'e to play his natural PF position and not have to get beaten down so bad by the opposing bigs.

Giving up 3/4 of the starting 5 is immense.

The starting 5: ***rumors are that we'll be signing Earl Baron if a deal gets done***

Billups

Fields

Melo

Amar'e

Baron/Turiaf

Not a bad starting 5.

I give up Felton, Gallo, Chandler and the 1st via Randolph for Melo, Billups and filler in a heartbeat. Chandler plays the same position as Melo and would once again be relegated to coming off the bench, not to mention he's going to be in line for a bigger contract very soon.

Gallo is very tough to part with, as he would be deadly next to Melo and Amare, but you have to give up talent to get someone like Melo.

The person I hate losing the most is actually Mozgov. Finding a 7'1 250 lb big man who can run the floor is extremely tough in this nba although waiting on potential is a dangerous game. I just liked having a big body to allow Amar'e to play his natural PF position and not have to get beaten down so bad by the opposing bigs.

The starting 5: ***rumors are that we'll be signing Earl Baron if a deal gets done***

Billups

Fields

Melo

Amar'e

Baron/Turiaf

Not a bad starting 5.

Gallo can't shoot.

Billups

Fields

Melo

Amar'e

Baron/Turiaf

Not a bad starting 5.

It's a starting 5 with no scoring from either G, mediocre rebounding and PATHETIC depth. Why do the knicks have to give up 3 starters for a player who refuses to go to any other team? This makes no sense.

Looks like it's gonna happen tonight though.

It's a starting 5 with no scoring from either G, mediocre rebounding and PATHETIC depth. Why do the knicks have to give up 3 starters for a player who refuses to go to any other team? This makes no sense.

Chandler was gone anyways. Billups and Felton are a wash. Gallo is the only guy you can gripe about....and even then, for a guy that was supposed to be a shooter...cant shoot very well.

The Knicks made the right move here.

Obviously the bench blows, but the Knicks now have at least a 5 year window to compete for a championship. When was the last time Knicks fans could say that?

Billups is averaging .5 less pts per game than felton, can actually shoot the 3 (.441 on the year and .397 for his career compared to feltons .327 and .328) and has been there before. While fields is still the same starting SG, so we haven't lost any scoring from our Guards, so any problem you have with our starting 5 now, is the same problem you had before.

Archived