New York Knicks' Season Opener Game Thread...and on

BroadwayJoe12

What Seed Will the Knicks Get?? (I say 6th)  

18 members have voted

1. 1. What Seed Will The Knicks Get?

• Replies 582
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yes, because as well all know, posting statistical evidence that counters ecurb's random claims always shuts him up.

As soon as I hit submit on the Rose crack, I thought "What good can possibly come of this? What am I doing? Why am I here?" Generally only discussions of DVOA can elicit that level of angst, so bully for you, Other Sports forum.

That stretch at the beginning of the 3rd quarter really killed us: it was i'd say 70% amazing defense from Thibs' guys and 30% us just missing open shots. You could see how angry Thibs was, that even though we were 1-17 at one point, or something alone those lines, we were still getting off open shots.

If i can find the article I'll post it, but Thibs basically said how we are going to be a very tough challenge for the celtics, how we're much more unselfish on offense than anyone knows and how much better we've gotten on defense over the last month. It's a great read, I'll try to post it at some point today.

Cognitive dissonance. Same as it ever was.

Too easy. Also philosophically wrong. While an empirical argument needs to explain current outcomes and hold consistent over time, an anecdotal argument only needs to explain current outcomes. Implications obvious. Nobody ever said this was a fair fight.

Too easy. Also philosophically wrong. While an empirical argument needs to explain current outcomes and hold consistent over time, an anecdotal argument only needs to explain current outcomes. Implications obvious. Nobody ever said this was a fair fight.

True. And maybe I'm just peeved because I have to hear it 24/7 from the meatballs around here. But the fact that people view the anecdotal evidence on the court and the anecdotal evidence off the court as mutually reinforcing makes this a particularly grating case. I mean, can you imagine a DVOA thread if Josh Freeman had done The Decision?

True. And maybe I'm just peeved because I have to hear it 24/7 from the meatballs around here. But the fact that people view the anecdotal evidence on the court and the anecdotal evidence off the court as mutually reinforcing makes this a particularly grating case. I mean, can you imagine a DVOA thread if Josh Freeman had done The Decision?

Wha?

This is why I like being educated and stupid at the same time. I get to understand discussions like that and also make fart noises at the same time and it's cool.

I envy you, D. I could probably understand it on a superficial level after twelve Google searches and several hours of meditative contemplation with Wikipedia. I went to a state school.

I envy you, D. I could probably understand it on a superficial level after twelve Google searches and several hours of meditative contemplation with Wikipedia. I went to a state school.

Nonsense. Stats that hold predictive value are better than those that don't. People who don't realize this are dumb. This is why you've eventually come around on efficiency stats for football. Might have taken a little while but it was still a self-realization nonetheless.

Nonsense. Stats that hold predictive value are better than those that don't. People who don't realize this are dumb. This is why you've eventually come around on efficiency stats for football. Might have taken a little while but it was still a self-realization nonetheless.

My personal disconnect was in taking them from the esoteric to the practical. Building that bridge was grueling. As Yoda said, I had to unlearn what I had learned. God bless Yoda, and the U.S. of A.

That stat has nothing to do with the fact that Melo is a ball hog.... and really has nothing to do with how Rose makes his team better something Melo only does when he is gone.

LOL. You really are dumb when it comes to bball.

Unbelievable that it's been 10 years since the Knicks had a winning record. Last time was 2000-01 season and now the 2010-11 season. Knicks end up 42-40.

In the 28 games with Melo the Knicks are 14-14. In the 28 games prior to the trade? The Knicks were 12-16.

Unbelievable that it's been 10 years since the Knicks had a winning record. Last time was 2000-01 season and now the 2010-11 season. Knicks end up 42-40.

In the 28 games with Melo the Knicks are 14-14. In the 28 games prior to the trade? The Knicks were 12-16.

Melo is so amazing... lol

Lets say Amare and Melo account for 60ppg next season... who is gonna come up with the other 40ppg in order to win 50+ games and have a legit chance?

To get those 40ppg you are gonna need another 40-50 shots or so... on top of the 10000000 melo takes...

Not to mention they will get no offensive rebounds and 2nd chance shots...

This is gonna be just like the 90's again for me... Bulls dominance and laughing at the Knicks... I love it.

This is gonna be just like the 90's again for me... Bulls dominance and laughing at the Knicks... I love it.

Of course, because that's when you started rooting for the Bulls. The only question was whether it was after their 1st or 2nd championship that you became a fan. Or were you a 2nd 3-peat ultimate bandwagoner?

Of course, because that's when you started rooting for the Bulls. The only question was whether it was after their 1st or 2nd championship that you became a fan. Or were you a 2nd 3-peat ultimate bandwagoner?

I am only 25... but I have baby pictures with Bulls gear on... had a family member obsessed with MJ from early on... so I was born into it... as well as the Yanks...

My teams in order are JETS... Bulls......... Yankees

Always have been, always will be. I bought a BJ Armstrong trading card before an MJ one too btw.. lol must have been the JETS fan in me liking the little guy.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived