New York Knicks' Season Opener Game Thread...and on

BroadwayJoe12

What Seed Will the Knicks Get?? (I say 6th)  

18 members have voted

1. 1. What Seed Will The Knicks Get?

• Replies 582
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What a collapse. Just a complete collapse on defense down the stretch and constant chucking of horrible shots in the last few minutes. That was a clinic on a team knowing what to do in crunch time and a team completely lost. D'Antoni needs to go. Even Frazier at the end was confused at how all 5 players were standing 30 feet from the basket. The saddest part is that the effort and energy was there, but disorganization did them in. **** this coach.

Yep, he kept repeating, every thing is 30 feet from the basket, nobody is attacking, they arent even looking to the post. Its really pathetic basketball to be honest. I'm not in the boat of this was a bad trade, still think it was the right thing to do, but the expectations shouldnt be for this team to be good this season. They have some glaring holes, that really arent that hard to fill...but it might also take more one than one offseason.

Rondo shoots about as well as Jared Jefferies. Thats why he will never win anything as a starting PG.

umm he already won a CHAMPIONSHIP as a starting pointguard you jackass

why do you even post at this point?

do you think Shaq is a great free-throw shooter too? :D

Rain on your wedding day. Just btw, RJF was right about everything he wrote last night, except for me being in academia. Everyone knows I'm a pseudo-intellectual.

It was pretty disappointing, I had a whole "this isn't about me, this is about you coming to terms with your limitations" retort all ready to go.

It was pretty disappointing, I had a whole "this isn't about me, this is about you coming to terms with your limitations" retort all ready to go.

you are admitting to premeditating a message board insult

Whenever I think of Rutgers I will now associate them with this comment :D

now hopefully you associate the state of Maine with my comments too :D

If we had Joakim Noah, D'Antoni would have him defending the perimeter and we'd all be talking about how he peaked at Florida and was now a weak pansy.

Its definitely an issue....but I dont think it was a coincidence that the D looked a hell of a lot better with Turiaf in the game.

But then Dan Tony didnt let him play in the 4th. IDK man.

Its definitely an issue....but I dont think it was a coincidence that the D looked a hell of a lot better with Turiaf in the game.

But then Dan Tony didnt let him play in the 4th. IDK man.

2nd quarter: "Wow! This Jeffries/Turiaf combo in the frontcourt is doing a number defensively! Man we look good when we play big."

4th quarter: "Looks like we need some stops. Is that Roger Mason on Big Baby?"

I remember sitting there on Christmas day in the Garden and thinking, "you know, Lebron really didn't miss out on all that much."

The one advantage would have been superior coaching, but of course he couldn't have known that at the time. Rose didn't want him, Noah hates him, and Boozer's a bum. The LeBron-to-Chicago momentum never made much sense to me.

If we had Joakim Noah, D'Antoni would have him defending the perimeter and we'd all be talking about how he peaked at Florida and was now a weak pansy.

Reminder-Noah was picked with one of the several draft picks super genius basketball guy Isiah Thomas gave away for Eddie Curry. And those weren't the only picks he pissed away. Someone remind Jim Dolan about what a great talent evaluator his good pal/sexually-harrassing former/future GM is. Doesn't change anything today, but this idea that Thomas had any clue is a joke. He only drafted David Lee because Brendan Suhr suggested it.

Reminder-Noah was picked with one of the several draft picks super genius basketball guy Isiah Thomas gave away for Eddie Curry. And those weren't the only picks he pissed away. Someone remind Jim Dolan about what a great talent evaluator his good pal/sexually-harrassing former/future GM is. Doesn't change anything today, but this idea that Thomas had any clue is a joke. He only drafted David Lee because Brendan Suhr suggested it.

The closer D'Antoni gets to the door, the faster Isian starts packing his bags for NY. If I was a Knick diehard, this imminent reality would keep me up at night.

Im surprised its been this bad. I never thought the Knicks should have done the trade-- not because Melo isnt great or that the trade itself was bad--- simply because it was going to be impossible for them to get him up to snuff with the team and they would have signed him anyway in the offseason. He was never staying in Denver. No chance. The coaches system is so point guard dependant that losing Felton was a killer for the team. Felton became so good at running the pick and roll and now they have nobody to run the offense. Billups doesnt have the athleticism to run what they want. He is going to walk the ball up, pound it a few times, and either take a shot or pass it to someone else to do something with the ball. Billups at his best is a 6 APG guy. Felton, in this system, was around 9. Its a totally different style of play. Billups is also a soft assist guy. He doesnt get those non-assist passes where he is getting a big guy fouled around the basket. If you run him in isolation the ball isnt going anywhere constructive. A Felton 9 is probably the same as a Billups 12.

Now its just a mess to watch. They have 4 guys that stand outside and one that goes inside. Amare has nobody to run the offense that he plays well in. Carmelo just stands outside and then does whatever he feels like and doesnt attack because Amare is taking up space down low while the other guys just stand around allowing the defenses to basically play a top heavy zone. Thats all on the coach for not making any changes on offense. Defensively they stink, but its not like anyone thought that would be any different with Melo. Hes a guy that will play a little defense if you match him on a challenge player (Lebron, Kobe, etc...), but otherwise couldnt care less.

I still think if the Knicks (and this is sad for the NBA that we are saying if) make the playoffs they can pull off a 1st round upset because the players will play with a bit more pride and clearly Amare and Melo are as good as anyone else but it will be in spite of the coach who is going to get canned after the season.

If you run him in isolation the ball isnt going anywhere constructive.

My favorite play has become the one where he takes the ball upcourt, realizes everyone is spread out too much with no passing lanes, and then he just tries to run into someone 5 feet out of the 3 point line to draw the foul so he can get to the line. It's the only place he's comfortable being at in this system.

I still have no idea why New York made the trade. They weren't going to be competitive this season no matter what, so they should've just waited until the offseason so they wouldn't have to give up their depth.

The whole NBA revolves around you. If it werent for the Knicks trade, you wouldnt be able to post. lolknicks

I still have no idea why New York made the trade. They weren't going to be competitive this season no matter what, so they should've just waited until the offseason so they wouldn't have to give up their depth.

...and I still have no idea why the Celtics made the trade they did. Did they want to get worse and be less competitive? That's what it looks like. lolcelticstradefail. Good job, Danny! :rolleyes:

...and I still have no idea why the Celtics made the trade they did. Did they want to get worse and be less competitive? That's what it looks like. lolcelticstradefail. Good job, Danny! :rolleyes:

Because it DID make us better. In case you haven't noticed, Green and especially Krstic have been playing better than expected. As most NBA analysts will say, as Rondo goes, so goes Boston.

Archived